It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godlikeproductions scared and put their site down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I know it's not desent of talking about other forums boards, but did anyone notice godlikeproductions went down today for 24 hours at least?

If you go to their website, the first thing you see is AMERICA IS IN BIG TROUBLE and you can download certain movies and sound files talking about the latest laws that have been past at the US government.

It seems that they are really scared as they are a conspiracy forum.

How does ATS feel about this, are you also scared?

[edit on 2/10/2006 by rai76]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
I know it's not desent of talking about other forums boards, but did anyone notice godlikeproductions went down today for 24 hours at least?

If you go to their website, the first thing you see is AMERICA IS IN BIG TROUBLE and you can download certain movies and sound files talking about the latest laws that have been past at the US government.

It seems that they are really scared as they are a conspiracy forum.

How does ATS feel about this, are you also scared?

It seems that Godlikeproductions has had a continuous problem with spammers,hackers and such over the years. In order to alleviate this problem, the moderators of the site have set up methods to combat tis evasive action. This tactic you mentioned may be another method they are using.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Whoa,I haven't got time to watch the video right now,but if true, we are in big trouble folks. Thanks for the info

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Seems like they are afraid of legal trouble for some reason.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can't get the video to play
,or download.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ATS will stay online until they pry the server passwords from my cold lifeless hands.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
ATS will stay online until they pry the server passwords from my cold lifeless hands.

Which would only work, of course, if you had written them down on something or were holding something containing the passwords at the time of your death. Otherwise they're fubared.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Please refer to this thread to discuss what they are alarmed about at Godlike- Bush given retroactive immunity for warcrimes

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I also heard now they are doing this as to set an example to everyone to fight the new laws that have been passed as it will be possible to shut down sites like them and perhaps ATS i think.

What is your opinion about this ATS?

Are you afraid of these new laws?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
What is your opinion about this ATS?

The new laws are very scary. But I think some of the extreme interpretations are alarmist (for now). But that's no reason not to yell in outrage.

Are you afraid of these new laws?

Not yet. If things get ugly, it will be through a logical progression form bad to worse. Small things at first, then a big event (attack) that requires "vigilance", then rumors of terrorists taking advantage of dissidents who are active online, then the consideration of how to control sites like ATS.

What will cause grief (in our case), is that ATS is a conglomeration of member ideas and opinions... no one person can be singled out as a threat... and the broad-based balanced discussion will be very hard to qualify as a threat.

If the path of these laws continue, I fear for the future in terms of 5 years... not 5 months.

And... if you review our archives... I think these events were anticipated by our members some 2 years ago.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Calm down rai76, you are not under attack, you are not a victim. This site is not about to be shut down because people are "too close to the truth", ever consider it could simply be perfectly natural technical troubles?

Happens to everyone at some point.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Never said that....but if you look at their website you think they are under attack that's why I wrote about it.

And these new laws are pretty serious.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
As SkepticOverlord has stated, most likely these laws will not be a problem immediately, possibly they won't be at all. However, if they are a problem I think we are looking at 5-10 years down the road.

The problem with the current administration's decisions is that they can't seem to see the forest for the trees. The current Bush administration is passing many laws they may very well have unintentional implications down the road. While many of the laws they have passed seem fine and dandy for now, the same laws may very well seem like a "1984" scenario in a couple of years.

While I certainly think that the administration knows good and well where some of these laws are going to lead, I think many of the laws that they are passing is going to have some unintended implications. I mean, some of the current laws being passed under this administration's watch seems, at least to me, to play right into the hand's of the coming global dictator.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The second page of their website says they've "gone dark" for 24 hours to protest.

I can think of more effecive protests, including voting all the Congresscritters who went along with this out of office in November.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The second page of their website says they've "gone dark" for 24 hours to protest.

I can think of more effecive protests, including voting all the Congresscritters who went along with this out of office in November.

True... Going "dark" in protest seems to go right along with what the leaders want to begin with. They want any opposition to close up shop. No dissenting voices heard or allowed.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I sat and watched their "chat" for a while. It's clear no one over there is taking this seriously.

Very odd.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I sat and watched their "chat" for a while. It's clear no one over there is taking this seriously.

Very odd.

I hate to say it, but it is sort of an odd group of people that posts over there. I post there once in a while. I'd much rather post here at ATS or fulldisklosure though.

[edit on 3-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I lurk there as I find it a great place to get breaking news before anywhere else. I think the forum administrator deliberately did it as a lesson to illustrate to the members and visitors how it could feel if the new laws end up impacting on the everyday pleasures you personally take for granted.

But as it's been said, I think the lesson didn't sink in on the membership. I never joined the chat but I saw a thread "WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED" (just after GLP went back up online) and the apathy and sarcasm level was overwhelmingly off the scale. This included the trolls, the spammers and even their long-term posters. Unbelievable. I can understand when a forum admin feels like pulling the pin on it if it's not worth the stress (apparently he's been issued personal threats by people who know his full name and employment location etc) and then to get a reaction from the board that amounts to a bunch of spoilt little children, well, it's a real shame. The board itself is a great place, it would be a hell of a shame to lose it. With all due respect to ATS, GLP seems to get sharp analysis of the latest news a heck of a lot quicker than on here.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow. And I thought ATS was wacky at times. It has to be hard to beat that site.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Wow. And I thought ATS was wacky at times. It has to be hard to beat that site.

I think most of the posters at Godlike are younger. I also don't feel like most of them are as contemplative as many here at ATS and fulldisklosure are. I posted there for quite some time and I have to say that I don't particularly like the fact that you don't have to register to post there. I think that you should have some other moniker to be known by other that "anonymous coward".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join