It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Mafia ties to Al Qaeda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, here's a new spin.

It seems the FBI has concerns that the boys from The Sopranos may be in situations where they will help Al Qaeda operatives with supplies or what not.

Could the Mafia be attempting to help terrorists. On the surface, it seems implausible, especially given their ties to NY. But anything for money, I suppose.....

Mobster busted for trying to sell missiles to fake terrorist....

"The phenomenon of the synergy of terrorism and organized crime is growing because similar conditions give rise to both and because terrorists and organized criminals use similar approaches to promote their operations."

[edit on 2-10-2006 by behindthescenes]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is interesting

The Internet has become the new Afghanistan, allowing terrorist sympathizers to promote their radical ideas and to recruit and train followers right their home computers. That makes it far more difficult for investigators to identify them.

Yes, we definately need more cowbells.

PS.
I wonder how long will it take to use the new Military Commision Act on Mobsters?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
This is interesting

The Internet has become the new Afghanistan, allowing terrorist sympathizers to promote their radical ideas and to recruit and train followers right their home computers. That makes it far more difficult for investigators to identify them.

Yes, we definately need more cowbells.

PS.
I wonder how long will it take to use the new Military Commision Act on Mobsters?
where is that article from yanchek?

also...If the Mafia is working with terrorists then I am Jimmy Hoffa... Maybe some rogue element in the Mafia maybe trying to get some extra cash... But that would almost certainly be not be at the request of the family bosses. And I know alittle something about how this system works with the families.

BTW.... I have a fever and the only cure is more cowbell Gene....roflmao

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The corporate mafia? Sure.

The Italian mafia? Doubtful. They know the difference, I think, between bringing the heat down on their heads, and bringing the HEAT down on their heads. Why mess with something so volatile?

Sounds to me like another push to eradicate organized crime, this time with a new justification.

Family/nationality-oriented organized crime presents a serious threat to any state-sponsored control structure, just like militias and churches present a threat. They have a higher loyalty, a conflicted sense of duty. If the government tells them to do one thing, and their other bosses tell them to do another thing, some will go one way and some another.

Big brother requires the complete and total allegiance of his subjects...

This is like when they said domestic street gangs were working with AQ. Unlikely and just a little ludicrous. Just another excuse to ratchet up the heat.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I agree WyrdeOne

this Administration has not been shy about likening everything they can to terrorism.. I remember about the gangs.

top topics

join