It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater UFO Documented in Canada!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I was just reading the thread entitled "what my father told me about UFOs
and i had to start this because I wanted to share this little known story about a UFO sighting in Canada.... what makes this so special is the amount of documentation that exists about it...... Some call it Canada's Roswell

www.mysteriesofcanada.com...

On the night of October 4, 1967, shortly after 11:00 PM, a UFO some 60 feet in diameter was seen to hover over the water near the tiny fishing village of Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia. The UFO, which displayed four bright lights that flashed in sequence, tilted to a 45-degree angle and descended rapidly towards the water's surface. Upon impact, there was a bright flash and an explosive roar. Concerned witnesses began calling the nearby Barrington Passage RCMP detachment

What makes this even more interesting is that the object was even tracked underwater by a US Navy SOSUS base designed to detect Russian subs

www.ufocongressstore.com...(Canada)-Presents/Detail

2nd link with great info

www.answers.com...

I myself have been to Shag Harbor and seen national Defense documents in a church musem that details what happened that fateful nite in 1967 that show the efforts of divers that spent time looking in the waters off shore.

this is absolutley one of the most amazing stories i am aware of

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
yes this is incredible stuff, any theories on why they are in our waters?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The Shag Harbor incident is far from being a little known story. It is the most documented, detailed sighting with numerous witnesses that I know of. I put it right up there with the Rendlesham Forest sighting. Thanks for the links!

[edit on 10/2/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You ask why are they in our waters? As you know our waters cover over 70% of Earth. The ships can go in and come out where they want.

They also can not survive here on our land because there is to much oxygen in our air.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
if you look at ontario from a satelite it basically looks like a big marsh, theres little lakes everywhere, they could be hiding everywhere, I blame them for my lack of success in fishing this year. Ha. No seriously though, this is a cool read, I dont often hear of too many UFO stories related to Canada. Maybe its one of those situations where they ask our country leaders, can we abduct and experiment on your people? and they were like what? NO!, NOOOOO. Ha pure speculation but I'd like to know why theres seems to be a lacking amount of UFO activity in Canada. I'd think i'd see maybe something by now, I purposely look for it, and I live in Toronto, and I am often outside toronto, you'd think they'd be keeping an eye on a major area like that. But if they are anything like me, they'd realise toronto sucks, its very uninteresting and not worth wasted hours of scientific investigation.

I'm done.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
I dont often hear of too many UFO stories related to Canada....

I'd like to know why theres seems to be a lacking amount of UFO activity in Canada.

The fact that you don't hear doesn't mean that they don't exist

That's not true. You live in Toronto so if I was you I'd go in Larwence Ave West at MUFON Ontario and I bet my everything in 10 minutes you'd change your mind

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
indeed. I haven't really been trying per say. But you cant even see any stars in toronto at night, but a ufo. Man, maybe I'm just lacking equipment, and possibly drive, haha.

But thanks, maybe sometime I'll see what I can find. I'll bring a camera along or something.

new topics

top topics

join