It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US fleet going to Iran ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
hi there

i live in the uk, but my sister is now a us citizen living in the eastern seaboard.
last night when she rang me she said she had heard the US fleet was going out to Iran arriving 10/21/06.

has anyone else heard this in the USA ?

thanks

[edit on 2-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately yes!!

I have just returned to uk from dubai which is a port of call for the US navy when they,re off duty. I have heard the same "chatter" building up for a little while..

I have friends on the Enerprise and the Reagan.While they are bound by the code of "loose lips sink ships" it is the impression i am given it is only a matter of time now

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
can anyone help with this ?
as i am really worried as i read a warning from Voice of the WhiteHouse describing a call from Hay's Hotel in Washington DC to a US Attorney in NYC saying be gone from the city about a week before and after Oct 9 if you want to escape the fumes. An addendum to the post by the anonomyous writer mentioned the Phillips Conoco refinery just across the river in NJ which could be blown up in a false-flag 'attack' which would bring down -martial law? suspended elections?
if the carrier group is scheduled to arrive off the Iranian coast on Oct 21, it could all go down...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
thanks Agent T ,

can anyone else help...????

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You guys.....Got any sources or is this only conjecture and second hand information on your part?

If you don't have any credible sources, then you shouldn't be posting rumors!
Mods, take note...looks like rumor mongoring to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
can anyone help with this ?
as i am really worried as i read a warning from Voice of the WhiteHouse describing a call from Hay's Hotel in Washington DC to a US Attorney in NYC saying be gone from the city about a week before and after Oct 9 if you want to escape the fumes. An addendum to the post by the anonomyous writer mentioned the Phillips Conoco refinery just across the river in NJ which could be blown up in a false-flag 'attack' which would bring down -martial law? suspended elections?
if the carrier group is scheduled to arrive off the Iranian coast on Oct 21, it could all go down...

Be careful with "news" from a publication called Voice of the White House, billed as someone from the White House press corps with access to daily press briefings and intelligence service personnel.

Here's an expose' on the blog.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowItAll
You guys.....Got any sources or is this only conjecture and second hand information on your part?

If you don't have any credible sources, then you shouldn't be posting rumors!
Mods, take note...looks like rumor mongoring to me.

Agent pointed out that what he heard was only "chatter",therefore how would he have a source to link? Do you want him to record his conversations?(I'm sure he already does BTW.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oilbourse2006
www.globalsecurity.org...

english.ala rabonline.org

John, good first source; however, how do we know these are not "Normal" deployments?

Second source IMO is suspect. Seems like the only thing missing from there is the obligatory Al Jeezera video.

I'm not saying this scenario isn't possible...but lets at least try to figure out the real story, and not speculative rumors based on hearsay.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
thanks for the replys

KnowItAll

i dont have a recording of my conversation so know i dont have any sources

thanks,kuhl

behindthescenes

thanks for letting me know about Voice of the White House, i live in the uk so i dont know much about them.

and nice one for the links

cheers
snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My apologies.....I should have read your post more carefully. My apologies once again.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hi all this is my first post, hope this should shed some light for you...

I have been following this site for a little while now and although I live in New Zealand I find this stuff really interesting. I was reading on another site about this exact same thing. Here are some excerpts (this report was put together by Editor Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya who is an independent writer and analyst of the Middle East, based in Ottawa).

"The probability of another war in the Middle East is high. Only time will tell if the horrors of further warfare is to fully materialize. Even then, the shape of a war is still undecided in terms of its outcome."

"The diplomatic forum also seems to be pointing to the possibility of war. The decisions being made, the preparations being taken, and the military maneuvers that are unfolding on the geo-strategic chessboard are projecting a prognosis and forecast towards the direction of mobilization for some form of conflict in the Middle East."

"The Pentagon has already drawn up plans for U.S. sponsored attacks on Iran and Syria..3 Despite the public posturing of diplomacy by the United States and Britain, just like the Iraq Invasion, Iran and Syria sense another Anglo-American war in the horizon. Both countries have been strengthening their defenses for the eventuality of war with the Anglo-American alliance."

I highly recommend reading the full article as it should shed alot of light on this topic and answer a few questions, here is the link...

www.prisonplanet.com...

[my 5 cents]

I think this is going to hit the proverbial fan in a big way VERY soon. I hope none of you guys based in the US or UK are effected by anything more than high oil/gas prices because its deff on the cards.

[/my 5 cents]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well it sounds nice that Iran may be toast soon, but I'm not exactly holding my breath because I'm not sure the poltical climate could take that now.

But at least if the ships are moving in, we'll be ready.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
hopefully the iranians wont do what the retards in Iraq did and bury their heads in the sand

on a seriosu point
if the US is surrounding Iran with warships and troops wouldnt that give Iran the right for a pre emtive strike on the US navel force before their offencive and deffencive weapons are flattened?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well it sounds nice that Iran may be toast soon, but I'm not exactly holding my breath because I'm not sure the poltical climate could take that now.

But at least if the ships are moving in, we'll be ready.

Ready for what exactly? the invasion and occupation of ANOTHER country? the needless slaughter and dentention/torture of MORE mostly innocent civilians? and all for OIL??

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Azza717]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I agree bodrul,

We went into IRAQ to remove the THREAT of a strike..
Even though the UN told us it wasnt allowed, we declared it legal and did it.

so what if Iran see's this major build up of military forces as threatening.

Under US views they should be allowed to pre-emptivley remove the threat that is obvioulsy closing in.

Of course this will be taken as a cowardly act of terrorism against the US should the IRANS seeks this course..

Ive been hearing for a few months from various people on the ships in the gulf, that

'' an enormous amount of hardware has been moving in ''

what exactly are we preparing ourselves for, if we are committed to a diplomatic route?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
hi there

i live in the uk, but my sister is now a us citizen living in the eastern seaboard.
last night when she rang me she said she had heard the US fleet was going out to Iran arriving 10/21/06.

has anyone else heard this in the USA ?

thanks

I imagine it's probably a Persian Gulf (as the Iranians call it) or Arabian Gulf (as the other countries call it) deployment, nothing more.

I made 11 of them between 1988-2003....it's not really that big of deal. Naval forces come and go all the time.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Socalif,

Do you remember if there were any remarkable changes in deployments in the months prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I agree bodrul,

We went into IRAQ to remove the THREAT of a strike..
Even though the UN told us it wasnt allowed, we declared it legal and did it.

so what if Iran see's this major build up of military forces as threatening.

Under US views they should be allowed to pre-emptivley remove the threat that is obvioulsy closing in.

Of course this will be taken as a cowardly act of terrorism against the US should the IRANS seeks this course..

No it won't! It will be viewed as a military provocation giving the US the final justification to bomb Iran back into the stone age. The Navy will describe this as a "Normal" deployment to replace existing warships in a war zone (Afghanistan and Iraq).

Of course, this is all by design - knowing full well that Iran has a trigger finger right now. Iran is likely to react militarily to our over-whelming presence in the region and the US will claim that it is clear evidence that a.) Iran has hostile intentions toward us and b.) they are defending their nuclear weapons program against our impending attack. In short, the US navy is militarily baiting the political trap which will probably start another war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join