It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there were no planes at the WTC

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow, that is a truly awesome list of credentials, and as every person I have ever know that does aviation work does it out of love for the field, I highly respect that list.

However, you must understand that in this medium I cannot tell if you are actually who you say you are. I could just as easily rack off a list like that, but it does not mean that it is what I have done. I have worked for years around aircraft and like I said was a ramp supervisor for an airline, by the time I left that line of work. I cannot prove that to anyone here by saying I have done it, but rather through uncommon knowledge I have from that job. I am pretty good at telling who has also worked in that field and know several people on this site who I have little doubt have tread the same tarmac. With some of the mistakes I have seen so far, I am not getting that same warm and fuzzy feeling here. I do not question John Lear’s credentials, I can do an “Airmen Search” online and check them if I wish, but I do respectfully question if you are in fact John Lear. I mean I could come on here and claim to be Neal Armstrong and with the things and slang I know I could pull off that ruse for quite awhile.

The things I asked above should be easily answerable by you if you are who you say you are, a few of them even if you have only ever been a private pilot, a few only if you have actually worked on a narrow body or wide body commercial aircraft. At least one is on an aircraft that you say you have a rating on.

Ease my mind, and I will feel honored for even having discussed these things with you.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Originally posted by defcon5

Ease my mind, and I will feel honored for even having discussed these things with you.

OK. You got me Defcon5. I can’t answer your questions. I am the fake John Lear. The REAL John Lear stands tall, a gentleman among men. Handsome, close cropped white hair, a lady killer he is, slim and trim even at 64. Well read, well spoken. A diplomats diplomat. World traveler, comfortable sipping tea in a caravanserai in Kandahar as sipping coffee (masbut, sukran) downtown Sana'a. Only if you look carefully in the left lapel of his dinner jacket can you see the International Order of the Knights Grand Cross of the Star of Asia. His tanned face would blush if you brought it to his attention. He can expound on the trials and tribulations of Omega navigation, simplify the mechanics of celestial navigation and detail GPS to the unwashed. An inveterate storyteller he will have you rolling in the aisles with his irreverent stories of flying for the CIA in Laos, his cattle run flying cows from Khartoum to feed the army in South Yemen. Running guns from Greece to South Africa, his part in the 'October Surprise'. He would have you believe that he is the only pilot to have flown as captain, on the same day, in the same Boeing 707, a revenue flight for both El Al (Israel’s national airline) and Air Sinai (One of Egypts passenger airlines). Lear holds more Federal Aviation Administration issued airman certificates than any other airman. He is type rated in 23 aircraft and has flown over 100 different aircraft in over 50 different countries. Retired for 6 years now I am sure the REAL John Lear would not be posting on ATS or talking about silly holograms. I would doubt he even had a computer. I would imagine John Lear sipping an expensive Sauvignon Blanc in the afternoon sun while waiting for his 5 year old grandson to finish kindergarten and come to his grampa to read "McElligots's Pool" (by Dr. Seuss) for the thousandth time then take him to the bike park. I would imagine John Lear to be susceptible to bribes of Cohiba Esplindidos and Courvoisier XO if only he would reveal the secrets of the universe.

No Defcon5, I am not John Lear. I am a cheap fraud who wishes he could shine John Lear's shoes. If ever I could find him. Sorry about the questions.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Why are you getting testy with me?

I simply asked a few questions that should be simple for a commercial airline pilot to validate that you are who you say you are. Considering the amount of hoaxes we see here, especially based on 911, this should be understandable. I am not asking anything to tough, I could answer them in 10 minuets with 9 fingers tied up. Here how about some specific to the aircraft you have flown only:

That does the Torsion Link on a B727 do?

What color is Hydroic fluid?

Is a 2 inch deep slice in an aircraft tire, on the side that contacts the cement, warrant it being replaced?

What two pieces of ground equipment are required prior to departure on a DC-8?

What are the major assemblies to a wheel assembly?

What does it mean if a ramp agent puts his hand to his neck and motions across it in a slicing motion?

What does it mean if a ramp agent holds up his left hand with 1 finger held up and makes a fanning motion with the other?

Name ONE US manufactured Widebody aircraft have to loaded and unloaded in a specific order, what is the order, and why?

These are about aircraft you say your specifically rated to fly, and a RATED PILOT would know these…

Answers to the ones I removed are as follows:

What are the BIN numbers on an MD-80?

12-3-45. An MD-80 has a long body and has an extra cargo hold, most holds are numbered forward and aft. So 12 is one hold, so is 45. An MD-80 has an extra bin and that one is numbered different it is called 3 both fore and aft. Pilots start out on DC-9’s and MD-80 before moving up in aircraft, and this is part of the weight and balance so it should have been known to a commercial pilot.

What US manufactured commercial Narrowbody Jet Aircraft has the smallest balance area on a spin chart?

An MD-80 is a long narrow aircraft with the engines in the rear. It thus has a very small weight and balance variance, most pilots should know this. If an MD-80 blows a wheel and FODS an engine on take off, it is a very dangerous scenario due to these factors.

HOWEVER!!!

Looking at Mr Lears list, I would have to assume he flew cargo, as 707’s and DC-8’s have been cargo aircraft since the 80’s. Since MD-80’s are newer aircraft and not always flow as freight, I retract these questions.

[edit on 10/4/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
*cough* *cough*

So friggen what?

So you interviewed someone claiming to be Mr Lear, that still does not explain why he cannot answer these simple questions. What is the big delay for? How did you guys verify that the person that you spoke with is the real J Lear? How did you verify that it is the same J Lear that holds these ratings?

Zaphod could answer my questions in about 2 minutes, and I know because I quizzed him when we first met.

Edit to add

Even though it may appear these are ramp based questions…

So far I see someone that cannot explain basic weight and balance, does not know things a pilot has to inspect prior to departure, and does not know basic emergency situation hand signals. These are all things a pilot should know.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
oh my , some one [ login name = john lear ] seems to have a problem answeing question -- and instead o even attempting to , he runs of on an apeal to authority [ a list of his qualifications ] , and a huge smelly red herring [ an annecdote / diatribe , of zero substance ]

bottom line " mr lear " if you are as qualified as you claim to be , why are your posts repeatedly shot throught with such basic factual errors and blatant ignorance ????

your last post does however raise an important question - what are you doing here ????

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I could only answer a few of these.

Is a 2 inch deep slice in an aircraft tire, on the side that contacts the cement, warrant it being replaced?

If I'm on the last leg of a 3 day trip no. Otherwise its a maintenance call.

What two pieces of ground equipment are required prior to departure on a DC-8?

A roll of duct tape and a pillow.

Air and tire.

What does it mean if a ramp agent puts his hand to his neck and motions across it in a slicing motion?

Your wife just called and wants to know who Darlene is.

What does it mean if a ramp agent holds up his left hand with 1 finger held up and makes a fanning motion with the other?

One passenger left to board and he's been told to get his ass in gear.

Sorry I didn't get them all. I'm really tired tonight.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
At this point, I do not care anymore if it IS the real John Lear. He is not providing ANY evidence of his claims, and they are mostly just his opinion. He does not have any inside information about 9-11 like most would believe, since he so called "worked for the CIA" at one point. So anything he says, should just be brushed off, until he provides explanations for his opinions, and some type of evidence to back it up.

That being said, I would like to explain what I can about the military's holographic capabilities. The holographic figures produced by these devices are not supposed to be passed off as realistic because they simply are not even close to looking realistic. They are simply supposed to distract, and confuse the "enemy" in situations where quick, life threatening decisions should be made, and any type of hesitation could be fatal. The holographic figures created at first glance will appear life like, but upon further examination, will lack major characteristics the define reality. One of these characteristics is shadows, and real time lighting. These characteristics are not essential to achieve the effects the device is made to create.

For a fake example: If you have orders to clear a room, and as soon as you enter the room, you see two armed enemy soldiers. Your instincts are to shoot and kill both of them instantly without hesitation. What happens though, if one of them is a holographic soldier, and the other is real? What happens if you shoot the holographic soldier first? The real soldier will have the advantage over you, resulting in your death, because you were distracted by the hologram.

Now, it doesn't matter if it looks completely real or not, what matters is the milliseconds of time it takes a soldier to make the "real or not" decision. That decision could mean life or death.

Once again, the holographic devices are not meant to be passed as real. They would never use this holographic device for such an event like 9-11. After the first jet hit, millions of people were watching the towers. Hundreds of people had cameras on the towers. They would never use this device in this situation, because they know for a fact it would not look real, and people would have dozens of evidence of it, and watch the videos repeditively.

If this was a government brainwash using holographic devices, why would they have such a large time gap between the impact of WTC 1 and WTC 2? The government would know that such a gap would allow the American media and other people to start their cameras. Which could actually catch the so called hologram in the act. If anything went wrong, like a bird flying through the projection light, and caused the aircraft to blink or lose visibility, it would be caught on hundreds of cameras. If you are going to pull off such a history making event, you do not want anything to go wrong.

Using a hologram on such a history making event as 9-11, would be equal to using a cartoon animation to replace the best parts of your favorite realistic movie.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Wouldn't that simply be a signal to cut/turn off the engines or gas lines?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What is the problem you cannot seriously answer me, we are laughing about this in chat right now. You are loosing major face here. I would suggest that you answer straight, or call it quits…

I personally call BS right at the moment.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I have asked these things in sincerity, why am I getting SA responses back? You REALLY cannot answer these can you?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealth knife

Excellent…

Yes it means emergency cut engines. Its only used in the most dire of situations and ALL pilots know this one. I only ever used it once in 7 years on the ramp, when a trainee walked behind a running 737 engine. Thank god he did not walk in front if it….

To bad that Mr Lear does not know the hand signal to cut engines.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Air and tire.

john lear = the delusion that you can subitute wit for evidence , his reposte may be exceedingly funny , but do not allow its brilliance to blind you to the fact that he did not actually answer the dammed question .

ape out .

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealth knife

Excellent…

Yes it means emergency cut engines. Its only used in the most dire of situations and ALL pilots know this one. I only ever used it once in 7 years on the ramp, when a trainee walked behind a running 737 engine. Thank god he did not walk in front if it….

To bad that Mr Lear does not know the hand signal to cut engines.

Thats funny, because I had no clue thats what it meant. Common sense actually made me guess. I don't understand how my common sense is more powerful than John Lears 64 years of experience? What happened to John Lears common sense?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I seriously cannot find him registerd to fly SQUAT on an FAA Airmen search.

I do see his father however.

John Lear

edit to edit link

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I have asked these things in sincerity, why am I getting SA responses back? You REALLY cannot answer these can you?

No, I really can't. I can't remember any of that stuff especially the stuff about weight and balance and parts of a tire. That is if I knew it at all. And if I had actually been a captain, of which there may be some doubt, especially in my mind, I didn't have to know any of this stuff anyway. All I had to do was fasten my seat belt and bitch. Bitch about the pay, the meals, the FA's, maintenance, ATC, the Union (747 Teamsters Local), flight following, the weather and on and on and on.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What does flying and having alot of aircraft knowladge have to do with holograms, nukes at wtc, uber ships around sarturn ect? That like saying cause I know how to shoot long distance, or software programming, that I know alot about physics, and race cars. So if people take that as cred in these issues, it's a sad example of the low I.Q. plauging the U.S.

Why the criticism of John Lear? Isn't it obvious? I had people tell me alot of stories throughout life, with no supporting evidence, does that mean the Tooth Fairy and Paul Bunyan exist or are they holograms too? Don't whine people are detracting from the orig topic. This type of crap, and sorry it's crap, detracts from any serious, evidence based, investigation, and possible prosocution of a case involving the perpetrators of 9-11. If you people want proof that bad, avoid this guy.

Sure I think this is the real John Lear, but so what, your dad was one hell of a guy, tons of respect for the man and his work. So was John Lennon, and well, look at his kid, and Bush, the Hilton family well, there's no need to go on. I'm not saying you're as bad, or better, it just means what your dad did, and the FLIGHT CERTIFICATES you have doesn't mean jack to me, or anyone else with common sense in it's relation to anything other than AIRPLANES. Rich kids get alot of nice toys and access to fun things, that dosen't make them smart.

I didn't come in here to attack you, but damn buddy, you're sure an easy target, as much as you say you've traveled the world, I'm suprised at how many times you've been pawned in this thread. I came in here cause I'm sick and tired of people posting utter garbage in relation to 9-11, ruining all chances of a real criminal case, cause they are distracted by crap like this that can't be proven and will never be. Whatever your motive is, I'm sure it's as pathetic as what you've posted here. Call that a personal attack or whatever you like, but I've dealt with used car salesman before, and army recruiters, and you're just as low, and dishonest as them.

Oh, also, being a snob doesn't make you smart either. Next time you're in a Caravanserai in Kandahar have some humble pie, and some Thorazine.

I mean come on NYC being a hologram is closer to the truth than I think?!? Put the bong down, and check yourself into a hospital. I'll give a discussion of UFOs, ghosts, political conspiracys, a chance anyday, but not this. How can some of you even take yourselves seriously, I hope you don't repeat this stuff to those around your workplaces or schools.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

And if I had actually been a captain, of which there may be some doubt, especially in my mind, I didn't have to know any of this stuff anyway.

Well I would at least think you knew that the lowest man on the totem pole does the walk-around, the flight engineer or the 1st officer….

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   

What is the problem you cannot seriously answer me, we are laughing about this in chat right now. You are loosing major face here. I would suggest that you answer straight, or call it quits…

I personally call BS right at the moment.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

You ovbiously put this guy and in his place, and I thank you for doing so. As the other poster who guessed the other hand signal said, he should have at least remembered a hand signal that important. There will still be the rabid folks worshipping him.

Owned has a whole new defination. I don't see how this man can have any serious future here.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual

What does flying and having alot of aircraft knowladge have to do with holograms, nukes at wtc, uber ships around sarturn ect?

Because he uses his supposed credentials to prove that these theories are correct.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual

What does flying and having alot of aircraft knowladge have to do with holograms, nukes at wtc, uber ships around sarturn ect?

Because he uses his supposed credentials to prove that these theories are correct.

Well that's what I'm saying, it doesn't prove anything. Not only that, but as you ovbiously pointed out, he dosen't even have knowladge of things he should know. I just don't buy the fact that you can get all those certifications, and not know what appears to be a basic emergency hand signal. I sure hope he doesn't have any pilots licenses, if so, I'm moving my bed to my basement.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join