It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Strategy: Vote out all Incumbents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If you believe, like me, that the two parties have basically merged into one uber-party that controls everything and sees "The People" as basically ATMs to feed their Corporate Machine, then you must've asked yourself the same question. What the hell can I do? In reality, I think the answer is "Nothing". I think it's too far gone and our Government is too corrupt and the end of the United States has already begun.

However, they still pretend to let us vote, so how should we vote? My strategy is to try and postpone the inevitable as long as possible. My theory is the longer someone stays in power the more power they acquire. Therefore, my voting strategy in recent years has been to simply vote for all the challengers. Sure, they're just as corrupt, but at least it will take them a little while to get up to speed on stomping on our freedom, and hopefully give us time to vote in the next evil overlord. I figure this would at least buy us some time until the Revolution can be organized.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
SKMDC1... I'm with you. I made up my mind in this regard some time ago and have already dones so in the primary election. More people need to do this. We need to send a loud, unified message to the politicians and break-up whatever standing alliances they have in government. Toss them all out and let their repalcements know, 'We're watching you all very closely.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Great thread.....I decided also some time ago I was voting for all non imcumbents and whenever possible im voting for independents. America needs more than the two party in goverment. Republicans and democrates have become two sides of the same coin they have stifeled change and inovation in the political system.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not a bad strategy at all...

But... Research into the candidates for your particular election is still much in order.. you have to find out just who that challenger is.. Who he/she gets thier funding from... thier career history(like whether or not they sat on the board for big oil..defense contractors...etc.) cause if thats the case then they are just as bad(if not worse) than the incumbant.

which reminds me... I have some homework to do on my candidates... but in general its a pretty good idea... better than staying with the status quo...

df1

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
better than staying with the status quo...

Its always best to vote against the known criminal in favor of the unknown. At the very least a bunch of new office holders will force alliances to shift and who knows perhaps some of the new candidates actually mean what they said while campaigning.

I can only think of 2 incumbent US house members that merit reelection, Ron Paul (R) and Dennis Kucinich (D). Both are the black sheep of their party, because they vote what they believe in their hearts which is often contrary to the agenda of their political party. The other 433 members of the house don't believe anything strongly in their heart, however they are more than willing to say whatever gets them votes.

As for the senate, I can't think of 1 candidate worthy of reelection.

Its hard to go wrong voting against the incumbent.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I hear ya on the vote for the challenger and vote for the independent. However, I think you're being too optimistic. The 2 party system is only going to allow one or the other to win. Voting for the major party challenger is a vote that stays within the rules of what THEY want us to do, but it keeps anyone from getting too much tenure.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We gotta get un-corrupt people to run for office and vote them in. But everyone I see running is full of the same bull *&^%.

What to do? Hmm...

I say somone makes a movie about this and show us it can be done. Time to put the power in the people.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mujahid187
We gotta get un-corrupt people to run for office and vote them in. But everyone I see running is full of the same bull *&^%.

What to do? Hmm...

I say somone makes a movie about this and show us it can be done. Time to put the power in the people.

That's the depressing part. I don't think it can be done. I think it's impossible in this day and age for an honest person to win a national election.

new topics

top topics

join