It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Diebold Software Patch Resulted in Republican Victories

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I enjoy it when democrats try to throw out these election boogiemen. It just tells me they are so out of touch they won't change their flaws (which are the real reasons they lose elections). As listed in other posts above, there are PROVEN cases of democrat party vandalism and intimidation:

www.powerlineblog.com...

Also, it's the democrats who are against any state that wants people to actually prove who they are when they vote. Why is this? Because if it wasn't for all the "dead" democrats voting and people following their "vote early and vote often" philosphy, they would not even have the number of seats they have now.

It is election time. "Coincidentally", many of these stories will be bubbling up by the left wing controlled mainstream media and their lapdog publications. It will be funny to watch.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by infinite8
Electronic voting is garbage. Code is simple to break and tamper with. There are too many holes with electronic voting.

You are not far for the truth, it was a shown on CNN how easily is to tamper with he memory card on the machines and only takes one small screwdriver an over the counter memory card and 4 minutes.

I was surprise at the way that those machines are built, anybody can tamper with them, anybody with enough knowledge.

And there you just hit the nail on the head, marg. Poor design.

I can make your car's engine rev up and scream till it blows apart, given the time and technology. I can make your microwave emit deadly amounts of radio waves enough to stop your pacemaker at 10 feet distance. I could.... you get the picture.

You don't throw away a concept because of poor design.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
When I went in to vote for president (Stark County Ohio) the pollster at the door was someone I knew. I asked her which way she thought it would go and she told me that most people are voting for Kerry. She also said that most of the people willingly told her which way they were voting. I also voted for Kerry (not because of what she said.)
The next day we were all shocked after seeing how many votes for Bush supposedly came from our machines.
I truly believe it was all rigged. Bush should go to prison and the CEO of Diebold should be right there with him.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Did it ever occur to you that people lied to your friend? Similar to the reasons why east coast results aren't supposed to be released until west coast polling places close.

If I hear the voting is going 3 to 1 in favor of the other guy, I just may decide to stay at home and not vote.

One of the oldest tricks in the books...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You are so discreet SO, and always impress me with your constraint.

IMO - those thieves stole votes, lied to the public and manipulated the election results. No doubt they were well paid for it, which means there's another, higher layer of thieves and liars to contend with.

No surprise there.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Did it ever occur to you that people lied to your friend?

Whenever someone asks me who voted for, I either lie and tell them the opposite of who I really voted for or just say it is none of your business. My answer of course is based on the way they ask the question, I.e. did you voted for John Doe I say No or if they ask who did you vote for I tell them it is none of their business.

What really amazes me is the fact so many have taken allegations and imply they are now fact when no one really knows what the case is.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some of you people are such a trip! I remeber the atmosphere of how people were feeling that year. Everyone was ready to vote for anyone but Bush, the only ones that werent were the neo-con fanatics. I in my 44 years of life had never seen, or thought I would ever see such a grass roots campain to get a president out of office.

I remember at the time (by the way I am a real conservative) my wife telling me, it will soon be over Bush will be out of office. I told her at the time that I didnt think so, I said the new electronic voting machines are going to be rigged and he will serve another term. She looked at me and said there is not way, with as many people out there against Bush, if he does get re-elected everyone will know its rigged and the people will demand something is amiss.

I remember that feeling of dread when he was re-elected, because I was really hoping I was being overly paranoid and everything would be back to normal. This last year I have yet to meet a Bush supporter, so what is up with you people that jump on this and think the Bush administration can do no wrong? I would like to meet one of you just to see what a truely crazy person that still functions in society looks like.

Nevermind, I guess all I have to do is tune in Fox news.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Some of you people are such a trip! I remeber the atmosphere of how people were feeling that year. Everyone was ready to vote for anyone but Bush, the only ones that werent were the neo-con fanatics.

Neocon fanatics i.e anyone not living in NY or San Francisco...
Thank you for your statistically sound study of the America Voter.

If I asked just my friends, Kerry would not have gotten one vote. I take that back, I think my 12 year old niece liked Kerry because P-Diddy and MTV supported him and well...she's 12. And there was that stoned-out hippy chick I met at the bar...I think she ended up telling me she got too baked to vote.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How did we get this machines in the first place? I don't remember any discussion on a local or national level. No debate, no referendums. The next thing I know, there is an election and they are there.

Maybe I am out of the loop, but was the any discussion on a local or nation level with the citizens, or was it decided for, and just forced upon us?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

With all due respect, you don't see too many microwaves still being used if they kill people because of bad design. Those defective machines are recalled. And anything that can not stand up to the scrutiny or testing should not be used to vote for President of these United States of America.

Call me crazy but you just can't deny where we've come to in this country since the man became ruler. Fear, war, terror, uncertanty and oh yeah, don't forget that awesome economy. Trust me the economy isn't going so good. I'm looking for a new job and having a tough time.

The vote was rigged to acheieve an agenda. Job well done. Where's the line for my microchip? Oh, over there? Okay thanks.

Man, I am in a tin hat kind of mood tonight! Sleep time.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by deluded

With all due respect, you don't see too many microwaves still being used if they kill people because of bad design. Those defective machines are recalled. And anything that can not stand up to the scrutiny or testing should not be used to vote for President of these United States of America.

Uhh...no kidding! Fact is, they rarely even make it to the retailer's shelf because they are tested beforehand.

These supposed bugs in the system and holes in the security are a laugh. Give me any group of decent 3rd year engineering students and they can develop a much better system.

Call me crazy but you just can't deny where we've come to in this country since the man became ruler. Fear, war, terror, uncertanty and oh yeah, don't forget that awesome economy. Trust me the economy isn't going so good. I'm looking for a new job and having a tough time.

Sorry you're having a hard time finding a new job. That implies you already have a job, no?

The vote was rigged to acheieve an agenda. Job well done.

Keep telling yourself that. It's much easier to swallow than the truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I was shocked, I actually saw a little piece on CNN about the voting machines issue this morning.

It's the first story I've seen in the broadcast MSM about these questions - not much, but it's something.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

It's the first story I've seen in the broadcast MSM about these questions - not much, but it's something.

Like I say in a previous post.

Well a couple of weeks ago CNN did a good interview over a study done to show how the vulnerabilities of these machines to informe the people about how easily their voting rights can be manipulated by unscrupulous few with an agenda.

The study was done by Princeton University.

In front of the cameras they show they easy ways you can tamper with them and it doesn't take a genius to do it.

To me it doesn't matter anymore that the truth is allowe to come froward and is make into a big issue now, because the purpose of the machines has been served already.

To give the elections to Bush.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Governor Taft was charged with Ethics Violations in 2005, not voter fraud. I think you are referring to Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell and his role in the 2004 US Presidential Election Controversy. Blackwell is now running for governor on the Republican ticket, and if he wins we will see even more fireworks here in Ohio.

Exactly who I was thinking of. Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

These supposed bugs in the system and holes in the security are a laugh. Give me any group of decent 3rd year engineering students and they can develop a much better system.

And you're using this arguement against the voting machines or for? I'm confused. I thought you said

The design was poor and so was the concept IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I disagree. The concept was, and is, a good one. The problem lies with whomever let those machines go out the door in the first place. Bad design, covered up somewhere. Bad QC. Beautiful selling job by Diebold.

I still don't see a conspiracy. States buy these machines. It should be a non-partisan, or at least bi-partisan, committee that is in charge of the purchase. So collusion is out of the question, unless you want to say that the Dems threw the election Bush's way.

And technology can do the job. There are trillions of dollars transferred electronically every day. We travel into space. Etc., etc. It's safe, it's trusted, and it works. Tallying votes is child's play in comparison.

So I'm still not convinced of any conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Uhh...no kidding! Fact is, they rarely even make it to the retailer's shelf because they are tested beforehand.

Really? You mean like the Florida vote 2000.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's safe, it's trusted, and it works.

You mean like Microsoft products, and the Internet in general?

Tallying votes is child's play in comparison.

Exactly; and the flipside is, altering votes is also child's play.

I am very nearly convinced that Robert Kennedy is reporting on one of the largest political scandals to ever taint this country's government. From my viewpoint though, it is a scandalous forest, with far too many scandal and shame trees to focus on a single one.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I disagree. The concept was, and is, a good one.

I really disagree with you here. The concept of not having a paper trail is a good one to you? Or no way of finding out what went wrong if something has? Not me.

The problem lies with whomever let those machines go out the door in the first place. Bad design, covered up somewhere. Bad QC. Beautiful selling job by Diebold.

I wouldn't mind the machines so much if they actually left a trail should something go wrong. Funnily enough, right before the election, they passed a bill making it ok for these machines to not have a paper trail. Hmm....Republicans run Congress at the moment....wonder why they passed this bill?

I still don't see a conspiracy.

See above.

States buy these machines. It should be a non-partisan, or at least bi-partisan, committee that is in charge of the purchase. So collusion is out of the question, unless you want to say that the Dems threw the election Bush's way.

The states may have bought them bipartisanly, but who decided where each machine would go? Some politician somewhere had to decide this. And I believe in Ohio it was Blackwell...hmm...a republican.

And technology can do the job. There are trillions of dollars transferred electronically every day. We travel into space. Etc., etc. It's safe, it's trusted, and it works. Tallying votes is child's play in comparison.

Space travel is safe? Let's ask the Apollo 13 crew how safe it was. How about the crew of the Space Shuttle...both that blew up in mid air. Safe...indeed.

So I'm still not convinced of any conspiracy.

Don't take this the wrong way please, but I feel unless Bush comes on TV and says "I did it" then you won't. There have already been at least 2 wistleblowers on these "patches" and you still don't believe....so there you go.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I disagree. The concept was, and is, a good one. The problem lies with whomever let those machines go out the door in the first place. Bad design, covered up somewhere. Bad QC. Beautiful selling job by Diebold.

I would agree that electronic ballot machines do give an advantage to punch cards, because it only allows one vote and eliminates double votes, and you also have the ability to change the vote if a mistake is made. One thing though, is a paper trail should be manditory. I can also see how Diebold would want to coverup a change that fixes a flaw in the programming. If word of that got out it would bring the reliability of the machines into question and sales would be lost.

But how do you account for only a few machines needing the patch? As Skeptic Overlord mentioned, if there was a flaw in the programming, every machine would need the patch. It could be a regional problem with maybe the names of the candidates was part of the flaw, but if that were the case, why cover it up?

I would think that this should be easy to determine what was changed be by going back and checking the source code. All source code is usually controlled and every revision is saved, especially for something as secure as voting machines. There has got to be a way to track this down, but the article doesn't mention it.

This definitely smells, but as you say nothing has been proven.

[edit on 10/3/2006 by Hal9000]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join