It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A350 may be delayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Airbus may have to push back the planned October launch of the A350 until the end of the year, or maybe even into next year.

There is no problem with this aircraft but at least one major A380 customer has asked Airbus to slow down the A350 while more engineering resources are diverted to sorting that aircrafts problems.

Naturally Airbus is reluctant to do this as it would extend the lead of the 787 still further but id the required technical solutions on the A380 line aren't found soon they may have no choice.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what happens.

It's also worth remembering that this can also work both ways; when A380 is sorted there is likely to be a big wave of manpower/resources heading A350's way and speeding things along.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It makes sence. they need to fix the issues with the plane thats in production rather than the plane thats still on papar. I don't think its a big deal UNLESS this adds a year to their first delivery date. It would allow Boeing to essentialy fill up an other year of production and may give them time to figure out a second line.

If Boeing wants to play nasty, I would put the line in the UK and work share production with BAE after it divests from Airbus. The wings comming from Japan would have to fly almost the same distance and provide an EU base for production perhaps swinging some sales too.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I can imagine the howls of anguish from across the Channel if that happened Fred

Unfortunately it can never happen because BAE decided to leave Airbus because it no longer wants anything to do with civil aircraft.

join