It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Boeing F-15E+ Super Eagle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Boeing is offering an enhanced version of the F-15E to fill in any gaps left by the delaying of F-35 production. It does not feature canards or TVC like some of the sci fi heads on here would like to see but it does offer Boeing the opportunity to keep building F-15's beyond of production for Singapore.

Slated for introduction on the new model are a JHMS for the pilot and a new, unspecified AESA set plus advanced weapons capability including LJDAM, HSSW and Brimstone (which I didn't know the US used) carried on 19 weapons stations. An advanced IRST (PIRATE??) is also part of the package. The USAF reaction however is said to be 'lukewarm' with Gen Michael Mosely of the USAF reported to have responded to the proposal with "I like the F-22, F-22 and F-22, they are my top three priorities". Boeings Dick Banholzer responded "We expected him to say that."

I guess thats a 'wait and see' then.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hey Waynos in my ideal world all of the current Strike Eagles in the USAF would get converted to this standard (no new Super Eagles would be ordered), the F-35 deal would not be compromised and Gen. T. Michael Moseley would be made permanent USAF Chief of Staff for his views on the F-22.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Considering that the F-15 is destined to remain in service for many years to come that would appear to be the best plan all round Westy. I must admit that mention of Brimstone being integrated saw an image of an RAF 'F-15L' flitting across my mind for a second, but then I slapped myself for such silliness

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The USAF turned down that offer. As said above, they'd rather have more F-22s.

However, you will see more F-15Cs equipped with AESA radars. I think they have 180 on the board for the upgrade.

new topics

top topics

join