It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dengue Fever Epidemic in Cuba Worse Than Cuban Government Portrays.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This has not taken the attention of most of the international community, but there has been a dengue fever outbreak in Cuba for a while now, and the Cuban government has tried to keep it secret. The Cuban government has responded to reports of the outbreak, saying that everything is under control in Cuba.

havanajournal.com
The authorities say everything is under control, while emphasising the need to keep up the health and awareness-raising campaign. “Let’s prevent the proliferation of the mosquitoes. Everyone must be aware of the problem,” said the host of a show on the CH TV state-run channel.

According to Dr. José San Martín Martínez, director of the Public Health Ministry’s National Surveillance and Anti-Vector Unit, “there is no danger of a dengue epidemic” inCuba.

“We have three provinces infested by the mosquito: Havana city, Santiago and Guantánamo. The other provinces are able to control the situation any time Aedes aegypti mosquitoes are detected,” the official told the state-run press.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have family in Cuba and there are several family members of mine which have the disease, including two of my cousins of 11 and 12 years old.

According to what my family in Cuba is saying, the current dengue epidemic which is affecting many people in Cuba, is a lot worse than the government of Cuba is claiming.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Muaddib]

new topics

join