It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about a forum for song lyrics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Been off-line for a few days, my computer went down last Thursday. Makes you aware how adicting ATS really are. Anyway it's given me time for other passions, such as enterpretations and understanding of great song lyrics.

Has in turn made me come up with the idea, what if we had a place to post our favourite lyrics and discuss and enterpretate them commonly?

Thread titles would then be songtitle and/or artist.

What do you think about the idea?

I know there might be some complications about copyrights, but as only for quotes I don't see any legal hazels. Anyway there are thousands of sites out there with song lyrics, but this one should be for selected ones for quality lyrics. They tend to correspond with wider issues ...in politics ...in society ... in love ...and in the world as a whole.

Instead of surfing the net for a particular text, I would much rather look for it on ATS - and be able to find it there. 10.000 or just 5000 post a song each it would make up a catalog for a start.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
why do you wish to " re invent the wheel "

lyrics.com

is a dedicated lyrics portal with search features

even misheard lyrics have thier own dedicated database and forum

misheard lyrics

there are hundreds more music sites , ATS.COM is first and foremost a conspiracy forum

let us stick to our core purpose , and let music industry sites take care of thier niche markets .

BST.com , does have some space for music discussion -- but on Above top secret , IMHO song lyrics shouls only appear when they contain or appear to contain a conspiracy .

such as a song from 1991 which a member claims predics the 9/11 attacks -- then and only then does a song lyric become ATS.com fodder -- and it should be discused as a conspiracy - and validated or debunked .

i do not iwish to appear rude , but ATS.com is not a music site -- and should not attempt to be one

just my 0.02 graots , as always YMMV .

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

» Music » Whats your favorite song quotes????

...that was just an example. We don't need a new forum for lyrics, imo. If you wish to submit your own lyrics, then you can post them in the bts/members forum perhaps?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hello

There is a thread on the music forum where people discuss lyrics from songs.

Link to Lyrics

But an even better site for the meaning to most song lyrics is SongMeanings

Link to SongMeanings

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Many song lyrics can also be found here.

[edit on 2/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As a suggestion for a compromise of sorts, why not a subforum in the BTS Music forum? That way, it doesn't throw off the organization of the main page, and yet there's still a section for it.

That said, however, I don't see much call for one--this is the first I've heard of anyone wanting such a forum, and even the automotive crowd is having a hard time getting their own forum--with quite a bit of push behind them even.

Aside from that, there's sure to be licensing/copyright issues involved as well, in spite of the large number of lyric sites in existance.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
Aside from that, there's sure to be licensing/copyright issues involved as well, in spite of the large number of lyric sites in existance.

Yeah I am sure I read that some of these sites are being looked at - I will try dig out linky

edit news.bbc.co.uk... there you go

[edit on 2/10/06 by Strodyn]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
HEY,

I have an idea....

Why not one of you start a Thread, title it "Song Lyrics, Everyone COntribute" and let it grow naturally?

Semper

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thanks for all your kind replies and suggestions.
I'm back on-line again. My laptop went down, motherboard eaten by ants or more correct their discharges, so beware of ants if you have a laptop and stay in the tropics.

I have not yet had the time to investegate all the links, but I have tried to spur a discussion in the Music-forum by posting some Dylan quotations that could bear a resemblence to the events on 9/11 from his previous album "Love and theft" issued on... yes 9/11 2001. I mean that would really be a conspiracy to hold water if Bob knew. Well, I do think it's a coinsidence, but there's a meaning to all coinsidences, I believe.

Anyway, don't seem to be many bobcats out there, had no replies on the subject.

But I would like to make it a little flashier than just ex /ex tags, something like they have on metrolyrics, where the text is scrolling at a readable pace in a styllish box. They encourage you to use their html and offer the code for free. By that way a song, no matter how long only takes up 180x210 pixels instead of a whole screen or more.

The whole code looks like this (w. html tags removed):
"Provided By MetroLyrics"

Only problem - I have no idea how to install it. Takes some coorperation from membercenter I quess. Anybody know how and what to do? to turn on html for a post, and what rules do the mods have for that?

And semperfortis, I take up the challenge and I shall start a Everyone Contribute thread - soon.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Please add any further requests for new forums to the following thread.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Closing

new topics

top topics

join