It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did All The Crop Circles Go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think that if these were other wordly entity art, why with the whole universe as a canvass did they choose Earth? And why in the medium of cereal crops?

Why not carve a chad on the Sun, with the words "Wot No Aliens" underneath its nose? Or spray paint a tag on the moon announcing that it is "Aldebaran Turf" keep out Earthlings
(maybe thats why the yanks did not go back:wow

If these things are really created by other world intelligence or whatever, have they not the ability to work in other mediums? Why is it always crops? Perhaps they got annoyed by farmers who kept shouting "Get off my land!!" when they landed and this is some sort of some higher intelligence humourous way of revenge.

One more thought perhaps they advanced so quickly they bypassed the invention paper and canvass. So they doodle on the Earth instead

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by something smells
I think that if these were other wordly entity art, why with the whole universe as a canvass did they choose Earth? And why in the medium of cereal crops?

Why not carve a chad on the Sun, with the words "Wot No Aliens" underneath its nose? Or spray paint a tag on the moon announcing that it is "Aldebaran Turf" keep out Earthlings

If these things are really created by other world intelligence or whatever, have they not the ability to work in other mediums? Why is it always crops? Perhaps they got annoyed by farmers who kept shouting "Get off my land!!" when they landed and this is some sort of some higher intelligence humourous way of revenge.

One more thought perhaps they advanced so quickly they bypassed the invention paper and canvass. So they doodle on the Earth instead

Carve a chad on the Sun? Yeah, seeing how the temperature on the surface of sun is "only" 5785 K and it's "only" 149.6×10E6 km from the earth, that would be a great place to out a message for humans. I mean, how massively huge wouldn't that need to be for us to even notice it??

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary

Originally posted by something smells

Carve a chad on the Sun? Yeah, seeing how the temperature on the surface of sun is "only" 5785 K and it's "only" 149.6×10E6 km from the earth, that would be a great place to out a message for humans. I mean, how massively huge wouldn't that need to be for us to even notice it??

Best message to write on the sun would be: "Don't read this - it will hurt your eyes."

I think with crop circles you have a very similar case as you have with UFOs. You take all the reports you can get your hands on and the greater percentage of them can be attributed to human activity. Then you're always left with those few cases that aren't so easy to put aside. The problem is that sometimes the paralell discussion itself hurts any sort of more serious investigation that would prove the true source of said report.

In the case of crop circles - and maybe I'm just ignorant - I never really got to understand how we can go from the "We don't know who did it or how..." to the "... which is proof there must be visitors from distant galaxies trying to communicate with us" - sorry... I'm slow, could we go back to the part where we had no idea what it was?

I mean really - in my simplistic non-psychic average human being sure to not be saved by higher powers void of any spiritual enlightment little brain - I simply can't understand the logic behind, "We don't know how, why or who so we're certain about who, why and how."

Then what really melts my brain is when you suddenly have a bunch of cases and incidents that are all misterious in nature and cannot be explained being proposed as proof to each other. In example - the identification of unidentified crop circles being offered as proof for the unproven existance of unidentified living beings in unidentified flying objects that might show up in cryptic and largely unidentified ancients scribles. Of course then the missing link always comes in the shape of someone with a revelation of some sort that goes something like, "I know because I've been told, you don't have to believe me. I know and am happy knowing. You wll all know one day... or not. I know and I don't care." Man... that's what I call luck - don't get me wrong I'd be happy too if I knew. All I get is migranes. Bloody aliens... they're either probing you or messing with your head.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
All across Canada harvest is pretty much wrapped up. Crops have been cut and harvested leaving very few signs of crop circles.

According to the Canadian Crop Circle Research Network (cccrn from this point on) there were only three formations this year.

In 2005 there were five formations

In 2004 there were 18 formations... whoa whoa wait a minute. Whats up with the big difference?

2003 - 17
2002 - 18
2001 - 15
2000 - 7
1999 - 16
1998 - 16
1997 - 2
1996 - 2
1995 - 1
1994 - 4
1993 - 10
1992 - 18
1991 - 10
1990 - 21
1989 - 2
1988 - 1
1984 - 1
1980 - 1
1978 - 4
1977 - 2
1976 - 2
1975 - 2
1974 - 11
1972 - 2
1971 - 1
1969 - 3
1968 - 1
1967 - 8
1966 - 2
1965 - 3
1964 - 1
1962 - 1
1954 - 2
1941 - 1
1925 - 1

More info can be found here: www.cccrn.ca...

So why do the numbers fluctuate? I think this is a pretty neat thing to look into.

Why 11 formations in 1974 but in 75 just 2?
Why the big jump during the early 90's?

If you have circles from 1925 and earlier... why the gaps in years then and not now?

I guess what Im asking is..... why the fluctuations? Hoaxers.... UFO's... whatever... whats with the numbers?

So in 2004 they were around the ground.
According to this web site they were up in the air and caught by google:
2005 year of the orb

Well the summer of 2006 had a lot of something,
see here
same as youtube link in signature.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction

I mean really - in my simplistic non-psychic average human being sure to not be saved by higher powers void of any spiritual enlightment little brain - I simply can't understand the logic behind, "We don't know how, why or who so we're certain about who, why and how."

Then what really melts my brain is when you suddenly have a bunch of cases and incidents that are all misterious in nature and cannot be explained being proposed as proof to each other. In example - the identification of unidentified crop circles being offered as proof for the unproven existance of unidentified living beings in unidentified flying objects that might show up in cryptic and largely unidentified ancients scribles. Of course then the missing link always comes in the shape of someone with a revelation of some sort that goes something like, "I know because I've been told, you don't have to believe me. I know and am happy knowing. You wll all know one day... or not. I know and I don't care." Man... that's what I call luck - don't get me wrong I'd be happy too if I knew. All I get is migranes. Bloody aliens... they're either probing you or messing with your head.

Good point, and also what I am trying to say. Keep an open mind. No we don't have all the answers to this. No we don't know who, why and what. But that doesn't mean it's all hoaxes and bull.... As long as we keep an open mind we will know one day.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Time sure does fly........

The 2007 harvest is here and.... where did all the crop circles go?

The CCCRN is showing only three formations this year..... and one is a known man made.

The two other formations look more like lodging to me.

Where did all the crop circles go?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join