It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen makes a'mosque' in Windsor Castle.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto

Originally posted by infinite
well...

nice to see the anti-Islam crew is still posting on ATS

Nothing I have said is anti-Islamic, anti-Islamic extremists yes! Anti-Islamic NO!

Please read the posts properly.

hahaha you kidding me right?

This is what you wrote:

well...

With the anti-Islamic crew you are referring to the ATS folks who replied to this thread... now if you read the thread carefully you will realize that there is people that posted against islam and islam extrimists. Your post says "anti-islamic crew" which referrs to both.

Its is ok... you dont have to explain yourself for being a hater.
Please read the thread carefully.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

[i]Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY

This is what you wrote:

well...

With the anti-Islamic crew you are referring to the ATS folks who replied to this thread... now if you read the thread carefully you will realize that there is people that posted against islam and islam extrimists. Your post says "anti-islamic crew" which referrs to both.

Its is ok... you dont have to explain yourself for being a hater.
Please read the thread carefully.

Are you refering to me?
What I wrote????? LOOK CLOSELY -- INFINITE wrote that!
If not then please use the quote tool correctly.

*cue theme music to 'The Muppets'*

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Queenie did it to appease.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The terrorists win because theres a muslim chapel in the palace, for its muslim workers?????

Thats simply absurd.Why is the only motivation you'd note for the queen to take care of a subject in her direct employ fear??

Originally posted by kuhl
Could you see the Ioltola or Imams giving up a room for Christians?.....

The Queen is a more liberal person than the radical ayatollahs of Iran. Whats your point?
The Queen is also the head of state, and that state has muslim citizens. The Saudia Arabian sovereign doesn't allow christians to openly practice their faith in his state, heck, he doesn't even allow shia muslims to practice their faith. You suggest that the Queen should do that, or else the 'terrorists' win?
There are lots of states with a majority of muslim citizens and muslim rulers that have non-muslim churches and houses of worship. Why should England be so backwards as to not???

benevolent tyrant
but I'm sure that it might have some deterence factor against any possible terror attack,

It would have no detterent effect, since the majority of people who've died in islamist terror attacks have been muslims.

mcphisto
If it had been a Scientologist asking, the answer would have been NO

How many religions are working in the palace and don't have a chapel/prayer room/etc?????

flyers fan
What exactly was posted that is anti-Islamic?

The assertion that a sensible and civil accomodation is somehow a capitulation to ravening muslim hordes???

Stateing that having a Islamic prayer room and/or mosque is a possible deterant from terror attacks? It is. That isn't anti-Islamic

Ignoring the far more sensible and likely reasons for having a prayer room for the staff and making it into something that paints muslims as dangerous morons is anti-islamic, and uncivil too. I thought that England, of all places in the west, represented the "Civilization" part of this battle between barbary and civilization? Shouldn't it act civilized then?

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Don't see what the big deal is really though, hell the White House Kitchen had to be made Kosher recently. In fact, alot of things are kosher but you don't hear any public outcry because we're only supposed to hate muslims I suppose.

Do you have any link to a reputable news source about the WH kitchen being kosher, I can't find anything? I'm sure they keep some kosher utensils and appliances for visiting Jewish diplomats, but I can't believe the entire kitchen has been make kosher!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The kitchen would have to be made kosher, it would be meaningless to have kosher utensils to eat food that was prepared in a non-kosher kitchen. But it can be done for a specific event. For example, to make a regular toaster 'kosher', you 'purify it' by passing a flame over it. Its then kosher. Toast a ham and cheese sandwhich in it, and its not kosher. Clean it and pass the flame over it, and its kosher again.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks for clarifying that Nygdan. The way twitchy made it sound, no other ham, cheeseburger, or even wine other Manischewitz would ever be served in the WH again.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

flyers fan
What exactly was posted that is anti-Islamic?

The assertion that a sensible and civil accomodation is somehow a capitulation to ravening muslim hordes???

hmmmmm ... well .... I thought about what you said. It COULD be a civil accomodation, but I betchya dollars to donuts that at least the thought was that it would also help avert terrorist attacks. Seriously. That's what I see. I don't think that is anti-islamic. I think it's common sense. If ya' look at the whacks out there going crazy over cartoons, etc etc I don't doubt that high targets, like the Palace, would try to make some gesture in order not to get hit.

It could be a civil acocmodation. But it just as easily could be something to ward off terrorist attack.

Now where in that did anyone say all islamics = terrorists?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Now where in that did anyone say all islamics = terrorists?

I don't think that its racist or bigoted to think that there some consideration given to the threat or danger of violence, but to ignore that the queen might've permited a group of muslim palace workers to have a prayer room because they are terrified of wild crazed muslims, I think its the extreme position that is, well, extreme.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Actually converting a room in the Queen's residence into a Mosque makes sense from a security standpoint. The Queen's residence is a likely target of Islamic extremists due to the U.K.'s participation in the Iraq and Afghan wars. By converting a room in her residence into a mosque, wouldn't this diminish the likelyhood that her residence would be a target? Oh, certainly, this simple act would not remove it from an extremelists list of targets but, as I suggested, it might lessen the likelyhood somewhat.

Perhaps the White House, the Pentagon or any one of the thousands of other possible targets should convert one of their rooms into a mosque?

Does this post make me anti-Islam?

I've read it over and I don't see any aspect of the post which might indicate that I harbor any sort of anti-Isamic thought, emotion or, certainly, intent.

In fact, because this IS a "conspiracy site", I brought up an aspect that might not have been mentioned in any news release. Does this make me anti-Islamic or simply someone who might look at any possible motivation for converting a room in the Queen's residence into a Mosque, prayer room or whatever. After all, the Queen has probably had Muslim workers for some time before she every set aside this room. As I conspiracy theorist (sic), am stepping outside of some imaginary line of decency and decending into religious bias when I wonder why? Why now?

Why would the Queen set aside a room specifically for her Muslim staff? This is certainly a valid question. I suppose it could be answered just as easily;
Because the Queen cares?

Of course she cares about her subjects -- subjects of all races and faiths. But I still have to wonder about the timing. I ask "why now". The Queen had Muslim workers, perhaps for years. Why would she set aside a prayer room for her workers at this particular time? What was her motivation?

There are probably many reasons for doing so. Perhaps one of her Muslim workers politely asked for a room? I don't know. However to suggest that one of the motivations in setting up such a room; mosque/prayer room might have had security or deterence considerations. Isn't that a valid idea? Does such thinking obviously expose me as a someone who has been brought up from childhood as a rabid anti-Islamic fascist?

Hardly.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think it was the queens residence at Sandringham or maybe it was some other one that years ago was a extreme fire-risk. So much so that regular fire-drills where carried out.

The queen and other members of the royal family stood at one corner of the lawn to be counted, and the staff had to stand at the other corner of the lawn away from the royals.

Now if they can treat thier own staff, who remember can be in the queens company for all her waking hours, and probably thiers too, what makes anybody think she would give special preference to muslims all of a sudden?

Think about it!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join