It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen makes a'mosque' in Windsor Castle.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Now this is something, her Maj turning one of the rooms into a mosque for her muslim workers!

from www.thesun.co.uk
Thrilled Nagina Chaudhry, 19, of Slough, Berks, said: “I can’t believe the Queen went to so much effort. She pulled out the stops to create a prayer room for me and other Muslim staff.

Now in my opinion, she's (her advisors) are thinking 'sod this,if we dont do this and this girl makes a stink about it, we are gonna have death threats, fatwa's and suicide bombers on the Mall!' So they made a room available!

The terrorists win again!!

LINK

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Or maybe the Queen is a bit more liberal and considerate than we give her credit?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ersatz
Or maybe the Queen is a bit more liberal and considerate than we give her credit?

Haha...dont make me laugh! Have you seen how much she pays people for wiping her arse?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The terrorists win again!!

Normal hard-working muslims with freedom to practise their religion win again!

Seriously, it never mentioned terrorists in any form, and in an area as large as any one of her castles why shouldn't there be a room for practising Britain's largest non-Christian religion? Especially with all the foreign guests she has to entertain.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is't the Queen the head of the Church of England?

Could you see the Ioltola or Imams giving up a room for Christians?.....

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
in my opinion, she's ... thinking .. if we dont do this ... we are gonna have death threats, fatwa's and suicide bombers....

I agree. She's probably scared. So are the advisors. They probably are bending over backwards to suck up so they can feel safer.

Considering that the palace may have whacked P.Diana so that she wouldn't have a muslim child .. a muslim 1/2 sibling to the King of England ... I'd say the Royals have plenty to worry about.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There would be a bigger backlash in the U.K. if the Muslims "whacked"The Queen than if they "whacked" Tony Blair IMO.

While the Royal Family is not as popular as it once was thery're still a lot of royalists (some of which could be considered extremists in G.B.)

On top of that [color= blue]The Queen
is very well protected.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Is't the Queen the head of the Church of England?

Could you see the Ioltola or Imams giving up a room for Christians?.....

Just a thought.

Hey you never know, if all religious worship was done in the same building maybe people might get along a bit better. It dont matter what god(s) you worship if the building is for all deities - then people might realise they worship basically the same thing but in different ways.

Chance would be a fine thing eh!

G

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Actually converting a room in the Queen's residence into a Mosque makes sense from a security standpoint. The Queen's residence is a likely target of Islamic extremists due to the U.K.'s participation in the Iraq and Afghan wars. By converting a room in her residence into a mosque, wouldn't this diminish the likelyhood that her residence would be a target? Oh, certainly, this simple act would not remove it from an extremelists list of targets but, as I suggested, it might lessen the likelyhood somewhat.

Perhaps the White House, the Pentagon or any one of the thousands of other possible targets should convert one of their rooms into a mosque?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If you read the exert from from www.thesun.co.uk

"Thrilled Nagina Chaudhry, 19, of Slough, Berks, said: “I can’t believe the Queen went to so much effort. She pulled out the stops to create a prayer room for me and other Muslim staff."

A prayer room is just a prayer room not a mosque, most of the practicing muslims i know have prayer rooms in their house. she probably just set up a room with prayer rugs and some Qurans. so this is not as a big deal as the paper makes it sound.

asalamalaikum Queenie.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUntoldStory

A prayer room is just a prayer room not a mosque, most of the practicing muslims i know have prayer rooms in their house. she probably just set up a room with prayer rugs and some Qurans. so this is not as a big deal as the paper makes it sound.

asalamalaikum Queenie.

Well it might not be such a "big deal" setting up a prayer room but I'm sure that it might have some deterence factor against any possible terror attack, albeit a small one.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
How do you get a Mosque out of a prayer room? They are supposed to pray like 3 times a day, so I guess rather then having them set up just any old place in the palace , they can have one place to keep their prayer rugs and have privacy. Its probably some old bedroom or unused space that they just cleaned up for these people. A Mosque would require they have an Imam there. I doubt thats needed for them to just pray. Some people will make mountains out of mole hills and for what purpose? To try and incite people ? To try and make people feel the same hatred as you do? Well if you want that, then at least tell the truth so that people will follow you genuinely and not through scare tactics. There are plenty of people out there who hate muslims and would gladly join your cause just by telling them a prayer room was being built and not a mosque.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
There would be a bigger backlash in the U.K. if the Muslims "whacked"The Queen than if they "whacked" Tony Blair IMO.

While the Royal Family is not as popular as it once was thery're still a lot of royalists (some of which could be considered extremists in G.B.)

On top of that [color= blue]The Queen
is very well protected.

Perhaps the Queen would allow a television interview and show the world around the Windsor Caslte. I'm sure the world is far more interested than anyone might imagine. You hardly ever hear anything about the Royals on the news anymore.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Burnt Offering]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering

Perhaps the Queen would allow a television interview and show the world around the Windsor Caslte. I'm sure the world is far more interested than anyone might imagine. You hardly ever hear anything about the Royals on the news anymore.
[edit on 2-10-2006 by Burnt Offering]

Why do that? For £13 you can take a walk round the castle yourself. The Royals are always on the news too. Not sure what you quite mean by the above statement.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY
phisto you are just one example of how close minded people can be.

It is one thing to bash on muslim extrimists and another to bash on hard working muslim people who in no way are connected to terrorism.

You my frind are something that the future world will not need. (close minded trash)

And maybe she built the place just in respect and tolerance towards other religions.

I am not being closed minded my dear friend. I am being blatantly honest! If she turned down a request from muslims for a mosque in the castle, word would have spread like wildfire around the muslim community, they would have jumped all over it, just like they did with a few cartoons, or with a sentence spoken by the pope! Jeez, if I was in her position I would have done the same! I am in no way associating this young muslim girl with terrorists, but what I am saying is that extremists will use the situation for thier advantage!

If it had been a Scientologist asking, the answer would have been NO, and that would be the last you hear of it! But with the muslims, oh no, the extremists, and close minded as I am, I still know there are plenty of them in London, not so many extremists in the Scientology though! Wonder if that sways people in making these decisions??

And as for respect for other religions, name some! In fact the royal family are famed for thier hard ass attitude. They care only for one thing and thats that the bloodline continues and that 100yrs from now there is a blueblood on that throne!

In future please read, stop, think for 5 mins then type what you have to say. It may JUMP out to you.

FYI here some of the extremists still roaming Londons streets even though Hamza gone...

and here is a story of a similar incident in Berlin...
www.spiegel.de...

Muslim protests against Denmark Royal family...
www.smh.com.au...

I could go on and on and on...............................

Not so close minded as bloody honest!

McP

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Don't see what the big deal is really though, hell the White House Kitchen had to be made Kosher recently. In fact, alot of things are kosher but you don't hear any public outcry because we're only supposed to hate muslims I suppose.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well the only thng I can say after reading through this thread is:

Thank GOD We Don't Have a Royal Family Here!

[edit on 10/3/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
well...

nice to see the anti-Islam crew is still posting on ATS

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

What exactly was posted that is anti-Islamic? Stateing that having a Islamic prayer room and/or mosque is a possible deterant from terror attacks? It is. That isn't anti-Islamic. That's a rational observation despite what islamo-facists might think.

[edit on 10/3/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
well...

Nothing I have said is anti-Islamic, anti-Islamic extremists yes! Anti-Islamic NO!

Please read the posts properly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join