It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's reached the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well as you can see on RSOE

hisz.rsoe.hu...

a teal duck in illinois has tested positive for the Avian Influenza virus.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'll be shocked if the mainstream media doesn't amp this up 10 fold. Do they know how the avian flue even reached over here?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Here is more detail on the situation.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Wild Green-winged Teal ducks in central Illinois have tested positive for a low-pathogenic strain of avian influenza, the government said on Friday. "Initial tests confirm that these wild duck samples do not contain the highly pathogenic H5N1 strain that has spread through birds in Asia, Europe and Africa," the Agriculture and Interior departments said in a statement. Five of 11 samples taken from the ducks tested positive for the H5 virus subtype and one contained the H5 and N1 subtypes, they said. The samples were sent to a federal laboratory in Ames, Iowa, for further testing of virus strains. The samples were collected on Sunday at the Rice Lake Conservation area in Fulton County, central Illinois. The ducks showed no signs of illness, which also indicates a low-risk strain of avian influenza.

Bold by me.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't know, RSOE is wierd because sometimes they pop up, but then it dissappears. For instance a while back I saw a chicken icon in Canada. There was supposedly bird flu in the Canadian Geese, but it wasn't positive, I suppose this one is.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
if its here then there's one way to handle it while its airborne
look here- one of my threads!!!
its not much,but it could help

[edit on 4-10-2006 by tormentor]

[edit on 4-10-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I thought everyone had forgot about Avian fluy by now, normal flu is bad enough!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Guess I'll be skipping chicken for awhile...
disease carrying vegetables, mad cow, avian flu.....what next? Fish fungus? Seafood plague?
And moving onto the carbohydrates we have.........
What's up with food nowadays?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirror2U
what next? Fish fungus? Seafood plague?

Oh god, pleae don't give the media any more ideas.

I personally think that all this H5N1 stuff was aload of tripe anyway, just a way to keep us in our place.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah, now spinach has Ecoli in it, Birds have the bird flu, Cows with Mad cow disease... what will be next? If you ask me it is blantanly obvious that all of these diseases were created by the nwo.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm thinking the NWO may be behind the "Peanut-Free Mars Bars" they are making now.

They must have their hands in everything.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Low-pathogenic H5N1 has been confirmed in the United States this year including in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Maryland.

Yahoo news

This testing also suggests, but has not yet confirmed, that this is low pathogenicity avian influenza.

Low pathogenicity avian influenza (LPAI) commonly occurs in wild birds, where it typically causes only minor symptoms or no noticeable symptoms. These strains of the virus are not a human health concern. This includes LPAI H5N1, commonly referred to as the North American H5N1. This strain of low pathogenicity avian influenza is very different from the more severe HPAI H5N1 circulating overseas, which is commonly referred to as the Asian H5N1.

news-medical

WASHINGTON, Sept. 12, 2006 - The U.S. Departments of Agriculture and Interior today announced final test results, which confirm that an H5N1 avian influenza virus detected in fecal samples collected last month from resident wild mallard ducks in Maryland is a low pathogenic subtype. This strain has been detected several times in wild birds in North America and poses no threat to human health.

usda

This is getting insane. H5N1 has been confirmed in several states. BUT they are saying that it's not the H5N1 we normaly think of, its an Avain influenza with H5 and N1. Low-pathogenic so there is no concern......................right.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 8-10-2006 by mrsdudara]

new topics

top topics

join