It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mowing Devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I remembered seeing this in a book a couple of years ago, but hadn't found it on the web until now.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.leylijnen.com...

i just bought this up, as I feel it is quite unlikely that someone would want to go out at night and make a crop circle in 1678.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah, well people who claim that they are responsible for "making" the crop circles are usually proven to be....well,let's just say they don't have the intelligence that it would take to erect most of the crop circles currently popping up. Let's face it, whoever/whatever is making the current crop circles has a profound knowledge of geometry and esotericism. We are not looking for "Joe blow" nobody when trying to figure out who or what is making the crop circles.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
yes, but why would someone have done it in the middle of the night in 1678?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
yes, but why would someone have done it in the middle of the night in 1678?

I seriously doubt that "somebody" did. I think,personally, that we are looking for a "something" rather than a "somebody" when it comes to...well,certainly not all crop circles because some have been proven to have been manufactured, but when it comes to about 20% of them, I think there is some other force at work in the creation of crop circles. However,that's just my opinion.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Thats why I bought this up, so, what could do this sort of thing? A tornado, or some sort of electromagnetic phenomenom, such as ball lightning?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
........ or land art/vandalism?

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Yeah, well people who claim that they are responsible for "making" the crop circles are usually proven to be....well,let's just say they don't have the intelligence that it would take to erect most of the crop circles currently popping up. Let's face it, whoever/whatever is making the current crop circles has a profound knowledge of geometry and esotericism. We are not looking for "Joe blow" nobody when trying to figure out who or what is making the crop circles.

Enlightenment coes in the form of..clickcirclemakers
Any questions or comments you may have then drop these 'experts'(?) an email.
Deny ignorance and achieive knowledge

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

www.leylijnen.com...

i just bought this up, as I feel it is quite unlikely that someone would want to go out at night and make a crop circle in 1678.

Well, if you think about the era, there is one reason for someone to make a crop circle.
Back in the 1600's, people tended to be a rather superstitious lot. When people saw anything out of the ordinary. If people saw anything out of the ordinary , they often attributed it to supernatural causes. Sometimes they would explain odd occurences as "an act of God" or a sign of "Satan's handiwork".

If someone was, say for example, jealous of another or if there was something to be gained, one might be predisposed to "setting someone up". Let me explain; if one farmer in the 1600's were to be jealous of another farmer, it is plausible that he might go out -- in the middle of the night -- to make a crop circle. The next day, when everyone could see the crop circle, the perpetrater might raise the alarm, "Farmer Smith is in league with Satan. See the mark of the Devil!"! This sort of accusation might be answered with poor Farmer Smith being brought task. It would then be up to Farmer Smith to prove that he wasn't in cahoots with the Prince of Darkness. It would be up to Farmer Smith to justify why he had a particularly good crop. You know, something that would be rather difficult to answer. Ultimately, Farmer Smith might be hauled off and burned at the stake as a witch and, as a result, the true culprit might find that has "earned" some sort of retribution or even receive some sort of reward or financial gain from his nocturnal efforts.

Face it, it really wouldn't be all that difficult to make a crop circle. The only reason why I find modern crop circles of interest is in the fact that, in this day and age, it is difficult to find any sort of profit motive. But back in the 1600's, I can at least come up with one plausible theory to explain the motive for making such circles.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Enlightenment coes in the form of..clickcirclemakers
Any questions or comments you may have then drop these 'experts'(?) an email.
Deny ignorance and achieive knowledge

I have heard of this "circlemakers" group. I don't much believe their claims.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Thats why I bought this up, so, what could do this sort of thing? A tornado, or some sort of electromagnetic phenomenom, such as ball lightning?

Possibly. There have actually been pictures taken during the day of the circles forming under "balls of light". I don't esteem myself so highly to assume that I know what these balls are. I would assume that whatever they are, they have some form of intelligence to them.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen this clip?

U.F.O. Lights form Crop Circles

Strange for sure. I've always wondered about this footage. Anyone think it's real or fake?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
Has anyone ever seen this clip?

U.F.O. Lights form Crop Circles

Strange for sure. I've always wondered about this footage. Anyone think it's real or fake?

That's actually one of the videos I was referring to!!!
Most people don't necessarily take them to be UFOs though.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yes I've seen this for a few years now and I also rented a Dvd documentry about crop circles. I can't remeber the name of it right now but is still in the new release section. I don't believe they are space craft either, more like balls of energy. I'm not sure how someone would fake or want to fake this clip. Similar formations have been discovered on snow and ice as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
Yes I've seen this for a few years now and I also rented a Dvd documentry about crop circles. I can't remeber the name of it right now but is still in the new release section. I don't believe they are space craft either, more like balls of energy. I'm not sure how someone would fake or want to fake this clip. Similar formations have been discovered on snow and ice as well.

Yeah,but the "balls of energy" have a consciousness..

new topics

top topics

join