It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God make people who do horrible things?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenwindows
If you haven't found out already. This summer and year in general has been rough, hard, and tough for me on many levels. I just don't why God makes people who get to the "top" of whatever in the world and hurts those who follow God? Who try, try, and try, and then when they think they've gotten ahead a little, they get screwed by them? But lets the people on "top" hurt us on the bottom, and lie, and cheat, and hurt the middle and lower classes? I just don't understand why?

Just tell me what you think.

You don't understand. People CHOOSE to do these things. Also GOD HAS TO EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING THROUGH US. Because God can not experience on it's own. It uses every one of us, from Jesus Christ to George W. Bush. It needs to experience to become "complete" which is impossible for It but I hope It doesn't know that lol. Poor God. It knows I am talknig about It right now too which sucks for me. So by experiencing murder, cheating, lieing, God has become fuller.

But It likes me because I am telling you about it. It loves that kind of thing, I think. I hope I didn't speak for God, that would be bad.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The reward isn't half as good without the journey.

Oh and God doesn't "make" people do bad things. Everyone is on the road towards self-fulfillment. Some people believe they find fulfillment in life by making other people's lives miserable. Some people find fulfillment living selfless lives.

There's no right or wrong way to live. But those who live self-serving lives are more likely to experience negative karma... and I'm not talking about a mystical karma here, but rather cause/effect. You treat enough people poorly and what goes around comes around.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Man, I hardly understand half the responses on this thread. I don't really mean offense to anybody, but a lot of this was just mumbo jumbo to me. God doesn't make us do anything. Seriously. I've been making my own choices my whole life. God has no power over the human soul. He cannot or he wouldn't be God. Satan is the one who makes people do bad things. I have no idea how someone could get the two confused. As for all the terrible things God has allowed to happen, that is a hard question to answer, but I'll take a stab at it.

...I've been trying for half an hour to come up with an answer that wouldn't be offensive to anyone, but it's simply to difficult to explain my views on the subject without writing an extremely depressing book about the destruction of the evil and why the good are so often taken at the same time. Just know that God loves every single one of his children. I think he often destroys the wicked to keep their crimes against heaven and man at a minimum. In other words, he destroys the wicked to save them from eternal hellfire. They will suffer through hell for a long long time I am sure because of their crimes, but I do sincerely believe that at some point along the path, even their crimes have been atoned for and even they will have the option to repent. Had it not been for the crimes of the wicked, those good people would never have been taken, but earth should have become paradise instead. I truly believe that. It is because of self-serving people that there is so much destruction in the world. I hope we do not blame God for these things, for it is by the fault of the wicked that good is harmed.

<< 1   >>

join