It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to unRAR ISO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
All this torrent stuff is kinda new to me, and I didn't want to ask on the other sites because they usually rip Noobs a new hole, so, how do you go about un-RARing an ISO file?

As far as I can work out, this guy gives the instructions:

ok one there are instructions in the files on what to do 2 if they are too complex then ill tell u
first un rar the p2 share the pain file in gthere u will find a file saying setup double click it and low and behold the game installs
next(once game is installed)in ur postal 2 file u will see a file saying deviance in there is a crack (it looks like a short cut) move it to C;/program files/potal2stp/system when it asks to replace say YES now u can play p2 by just clicking the the shortcut on ur desktop

But I kind of can't understand what he's getting at.

btw, this game is 'Postal 2,' and it isn't for me. Mate tells me you can use a cat for a silencer. Sounds like a crack up. Heard those Columbine kids played it before they went on that rampage./

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
You need a program called WINRAR to "decrompress" the .rar files

so go to www.rarlabs.com and download it first. Install it. Then after its fully installed you can right click on the file named XXXXXX.rar which should be the first file , and left click on Extract here . They will begin to decrompress and 1 file will be formed from the .rars.

Now for the ISO file you will need either NERO or EZ-CD Creator...you can right click on the .iso and left click Open with and then choose EZ-CD or NERO to open it with and it will begin to burn the image in the iso.

U2U me if you have problems.

Pie

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I've got Daemon Tools for emulating the ISO, but I've got a 'Dirt Disk' error, and some site or other told me to unRAR the ISO, then play around with a few of the files.

Problem is, I can't work out how to unRAR the thing. I downloaded WinRAR, btw, and I'm getting Nero now, if I need that.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
.rar is just another compression format, like .zip. As a matter of fact, winRAR unZIPs as well as unRARs. I also like to avoid Daemon tools because it always installs spyware on my system. I go for PowerISO, which is also available via torrent, you may have to unZIP or unRAR it though.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I knew about RARs and the Daemon Tools spyware thingie, but I haven't had any real bad effects from it yet. I usually totally uninstall it when I', not using it.

Of course, I can't remember the last time I scanned my system, and I think all of my 2 or something anti-virus/spyware/xxxxxx don't work anymore.

I think I might read mrmonsoons thread

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You could use WinISO (www.winiso.com...) to extract the content of the ISO file without having to burn it on CD. If that's what you're trying to do at all, if not then I crawl back into my batcave.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi bud, the best Thing I use for Un zipping ISO files is "Magic Iso"
I'll send it you through MSN if youlike

add [email protected]

And Postal2 Will blow your mind, A really great fun game

And no That columbine thing you said, your on the wrong track this game was made way after that

its not a Low budget game if thats what your thinking?

it's up there with the best I'd say

However Postal 1 came out years ago wich was just a Face down view point n click Shoot em up, was still good

but Postal 2 this is Good Stuff, REALLY good stuff

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thanks for all your help guys, and I've added you, TrentReznor, but what I don't get, is HOW CAN YOU UN-RAR AN ISO

An ISO, from my understanding, is just a virtual DVD or CD. A disk's information without the physical disk. So is the info on the disk compressed - because I always thought it wasn't - and if it isn't compressed, how can you unRAR something that isn't even compressed?

EDIT: btw, do I really need Nero? I installed it, but now it's got this program called 'NMIndexStoreSvr.exe' running, which is slowing my system up big time. I just end the process, but it's annoying.

[edit on 2/10/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ah, now I see what you're asking. An you can't unRAR an ISO. To view the files in an ISO, you'll need an third party program like PowerISO or WinISO. These programs will allow you to take the files from ISO format and put them in standard folder view.

You could also burn the ISO to a disk, then drag the contents of the disk to the desktop or whichever folder youu choose.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yeah yeah I know. That's why I used Daemon Tools. It tricks the computer into thinking that the ISO is actaully a disk in the disk drive.

But I just don't get how you can unRAR the ISO? You said you can't, so what's this guy on about?:

you have to unrar the iso file and use the setup.exe, i have no idea why it's like that, i just tried it and it worked for me

This is bugging me!!!:bash:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yeah, Hes wrong Its not Un compressing it Its rather UnPacking into Seperate files like it would if you Burnt and Iso or other Disk image to a cd

Exept it will Burn it to your Harddrive

easy to get mixed up as It is a similar process to Un Raring a file I suppose,

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
But I just don't get how you can unRAR the ISO? You said you can't, so what's this guy on about?:

You can extract the ISO file using WinISO.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If all of the above does not work than you must not be able to do it because I have seen all the ways to do it on this page

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
why are you wanting to unrar a iso?
is it iso that has been rared up?
thats what i don't understand.

See if you extract a iso of a game..right click extract to folder or whatever...
Most games have protection and want the cd to be in the drive.or it errors out when you try to install said game.

thus is its a iso just load it up with deamon tools or Alcohol 120%

oh and winrar does extract iso's....
just right click say extract here or where every..
and it will do it

and once game is installed use the crack he gives you good detail on that part.
Or the game will ask for cd every time..

[edit on 11-11-2008 by beforetime]

[edit on 11-11-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
All this torrent stuff is kinda new to me, and I didn't want to ask on the other sites because they usually rip Noobs a new hole, so, how do you go about un-RARing an ISO file?

As far as I can work out, this guy gives the instructions:

ok one there are instructions in the files on what to do 2 if they are too complex then ill tell u
first un rar the p2 share the pain file in gthere u will find a file saying setup double click it and low and behold the game installs
next(once game is installed)in ur postal 2 file u will see a file saying deviance in there is a crack (it looks like a short cut) move it to C;/program files/potal2stp/system when it asks to replace say YES now u can play p2 by just clicking the the shortcut on ur desktop

But I kind of can't understand what he's getting at.

btw, this game is 'Postal 2,' and it isn't for me. Mate tells me you can use a cat for a silencer. Sounds like a crack up. Heard those Columbine kids played it before they went on that rampage./

you could just download daemon tools and mount the iso file and install it

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yeah, umm, I kinda figured out how to do it 2 years ago.

top topics

join