It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving Out..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have to move out this Summer because I am just temorarily living with my boyfriends parents. My stepdad made me leave a couple of weeks after I started school, and I have been here since. I still have all of my stuff stored at my moms house because my stepdad wont ever let me in to get it, and I never am able to get it when my mom is home. I wouldnt be able to bring my stuff here anyway because my boyfriends parents are big christians and such and his dad is a minister and they would probably kick me out. They are great people but at the same time stupid. If they ever knew anything about what I am interested in or what type of music I listen to they would go crazy. So Im moving out.. I talked to my boyfriend about it and he had a fit and insisted that I could not afford it,but I am pretty sure I can. I dont know if he just doesnt want me out on my own or what.. He wont teach me to drive either.. its like he doesnt want me to know how, but I honestly dont understand any of it.

But anyway.. my question is, do you think its feasible for me to move out? I make at the least 930 per month, but normally more.

I found some apartments for 390 per month, with avg utilities of 90 dollars per month, but I know that I wont use that much electricity.

My car insurance is cheap because his dad is letting me go under his insurance, so its only about 300 dollars for 6 months.

My work is literally in walking distance of these apartments, so the only long distances Ill be driving will be twice a week to school, which is about a 30-40 minute drive to Decatur.

I dont mind living off of ramen noodles if I have to.. Ive done that all of my life anyway.. people are making a huge deal of me not having money for food, but I can get a weeks worth of ramen for 1.00, and thats all i eat anyway heh. And Ill still have more money for food..

I can get cable internet for 50 bucks, and a phoneline for 15.

I also already have a roommate to split rent and utilities and everything with.

Am I "completely nuts" for thinking that I can move out on my own now, or does he simply not want me to for some strange reason? I have to regardless.. What is your opinion?

Also, Im planning on saving every penny for the next 6 months before moving out. Ill have a decent amount for any emergencies.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Don't be discouraged. When I left home I wasn't quite ready. I don't think many folk are. Nothing can really prepare you for the freedom and the challenges of being independant. Just do it, and I'm sure all the good stuff will outweigh the bad, and you'll find a way to make it work for you nobody ever said these things are easy... and ramen isn't all that bad though i don't think i could eat it everyday but some folk say the same thing bout popcorn and i kill bout two bags of it a day.

You're gunna have to get your stuff from ya momz house. Maybe you can talk to her on the low and get in there one day while he's out.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Take the police with you and go to your dads house and get your business. Moving out is always a tough decision. I was thrown out as well. I understand now why they did it but I am stronger and a better person for it. You learn alot. But take it from me you got to take care of number one now. If you dont then people will try to run your life forever. You seem like a nice young lady who has her head on straight. One day independence will be yours! I think its a great idea and heck ya. Go for it!!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You're gunna have to get your stuff from ya momz house. Maybe you can talk to her on the low and get in there one day while he's out.

i can get it when my moms there..its my stepdad.. and he seriously *never* leaves. when he does leave its at 3 in the morning. he just sits at his computer and plays games all freaking day.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I hit the jackpot when it came to step-dads. I feel you cause I know what the wrong man in that position can be like because I had the right man. My Pops is dope--and that's just a lil side note cause i appreciate all he's done for me. Can't help but to speak on it.

I have to go with Mark on this situation. You might have to get the cops involved. I wouldn't call it a loss if I were you. I would do everything I could to stick my finger in his eyes. That's just the way I am, maybe if the stuff isn't that important you can let it go. I'm just vindictive, and would never allow anyone to hold my stuff hostage as some kinda sick punishment.

Hold ya head, though. These things make you stronger and they put some meat on ya head (learning through experience).

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
oh yea and i forgot to mention that getting the cops over there would cost money, and when i did go to court to get them over there, i wouldnt even be able to go into the house to get my stuff..the cops would have to do it for me..( i already talked to someone about this that is a cop)

new topics

top topics

join