It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

greys=dolphins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
id like to preface this by saying that this is all pure speculation.

i know there is a lot of theorys about the greys and one i have been thinking of is that they are us from the future. but i have been thinking lately and im not sure if this has been considered before but what if the so called "greys" are descendents of dolphins come back from the future?

lets take a look here;

dolphins are smooth and grey, have large forheads, have blackish eyes, can use invisible sonar to immobilize prey, are amongst the more intelligent earth creatures thus giving them a better possibility of evolving into beings similar to or even better than us.

maybe we will eventually play with their genetics and crossbreed them with us giving them bi-pedal characteristics? or perhaps they will be the ones smart enough to change themselves.

not to mention the less talked about phenomenon of USO's and many other UFO sightings near beaches and water. perhaps they still prefer to be in water and live in ocean bases? or they are communincating with their ancestors?

just some thoughts. let me know what you guys think.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have read this hypothesis/theory before, it is quite interesting.

Though in my opinion Greys, nor anyone has the ability to travel
backwards in time.

Though perhaps Grey's are terrstrial, and our the evolutionary
descendants of the dolphins from millions of years ago.

Great thread topic by the way.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If you believe Dan Burisch the grays are us 45000+ years into the future on an alternate timeline that is coming to a crunch spinoff period were we continue on this one and face devestation...or change our destiny and spinoff onto the tineline #2 and become the Grays. Take it or leave I think its pure fantasy but interesting none the less.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I have read this hypothesis/theory before, it is quite interesting.
Though in my opinion Greys, nor anyone has the ability to travel
backwards in time.
Though perhaps Grey's are terrstrial, and our the evolutionary
descendants of the dolphins from millions of years ago.
Great thread topic by the way.

thanks! yeah, although i have never heard of this theory im was pretty sure someone has come up with it before.

and Mazzroth, i would tend to agree that it is pure fantasy as well but it still entertaining to think about.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sorry, I just don't see it likely that the tail of a dolphin evolves into two legs. I just don't see that happening.

I think the greys are an artificial, non-breeding species who don't come from our past or future but have been here all along. I also think that they lack something that we have, maybe a soul or the ability to experience "God" or source or whatever you feel like labelling the ultimate power.

As far as why UFOs etc. are said to be reported more often around beaches, oceans etc.... I have no idea if that's true. But I think it's quite likely that whatever it is we're calling UFOs operate from 'bases' underneath the surface of the ocean... if you think about it, the ocean is the last place on Earth that really has not been fully explored, not by a long-shot, and it might provide some sort of refuge for these craft so that they can stay out of sight. I just don't think invisibly floating in the air all the time is feasible.... they've gotta go somewhere and I think the idea that they shoot off into space is either a deception by them or just something that we've built in to the alien/UFO phenomenon because we naturally assume they're from space. They're not.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Sorry, I just don't see it likely that the tail of a dolphin evolves into two legs. I just don't see that happening.

Thanks for your input first of all. But remember that millions of years ago, our ancestors were still swimming in the oceans with their fins and crawling on the ground wagging their tails. We evolved from a single-cell to what we are now. So the theory of the greys evolving from dolphins still has its possibility.

If you have watched David Sereda's NASA UFO videos, pay attention to the last 10 mintues of the second part. A being from a world of water has been visiting us for ages --- could there be a connection?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanjj
Thanks for your input first of all. But remember that millions of years ago, our ancestors were still swimming in the oceans with their fins and crawling on the ground wagging their tails. We evolved from a single-cell to what we are now. So the theory of the greys evolving from dolphins still has its possibility.

Not neccessarily. All life evolved from fish, however cetaceans (dolphins, whales, porpoises) re-evolved fins and tails and moved back into the water.
It is unlikely that there species will evolve to become land based again. If anything, they may become a race of intelligent undersea mammals.

Also, their evolutionary chain is completely different to ours. Our primate genes are what make us bipeds, give us intelligence etc. Dolphins however, do not share this common ancestor so there is no way of knowing what they will evolve into. They could become a race of humanoid underwater mammals, or they could become a race of squid-like mammals.

Penultimately, the ability to evolve to such a degree as to use time travel would be dependent on one important thing - opposable thumbs. Seeing as dolphins are aquatic it is extremely unlikely that they will evolve digits as their current forms are extremely well suited to their environment. And with the sea levels rising, it seems impossible for them to ever move onto land.

Finally, and most importantly, the way we are ploughing the seas its unlikely any dolphin will ever have the opportunity to evolve thumbs.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
also remember here guys that i did mention that we could eventually toy with them genetically. we already have programs to communicate with them and they do seem to enjoy being with humans(if you've ever been to the beach!) so they may up for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Again, I just don't see the connection.

A dolphin and an alien grey (presumably humanoid) are two completely different species that are structurally completely different, in addition to the points that Jackofblades introduced. I really don't think even genetic manipulation could accomplish something like that, let alone nature.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think the theory is pure speculation. However, it is possible, as creatures have evolved back into the water in several independant cases. So why not back out again? --unless a mass extinction event occurs first.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
However, it is possible, as creatures have evolved back into the water in several independant cases. So why not back out again?

They wouldn't evolve to become land animals because they don't need to.

When they were originally land based, they probably behaved in a similar way to seals (diving for underwater food).
Eventually they became evovled to such an extent they cannot live out of water.

They would not evolve onto land because their food sources are underwater. There is no reason for them to come onto land. Everything they need is in the sea. Until there food moves to land they will remain in the sea.

new topics

top topics

join