It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We do not Love God, We have Nothing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We can have 100 quintillion dollars. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can have 100 mansions. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can have a food supply for 100 years. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can have a clothes supply for 100 years. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can have medical services for a 100 years. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can graduate from Harvard with a 4.0 GPA. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can feed 100 hungry people from the street. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can house 100 homeless people. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can clothe 100 naked people. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can provide medical services for 100 ill people. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can inspire billions of people regarding earthly life. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

The future is ETERNITY.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

We can feed 100 hungry people from the street. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can provide medical services for 100 ill people. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

We can inspire billions of people regarding earthly life. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

My friend if I did all those things, I would have accomplished more than any "god" has ever done.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Nihilist Fiend, God has done many great things for you. You just have not consciously recognized them yet. Every day, God is asking your Soul to become more like Him. Personally, it took me 6 years to realize this.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sorry but I do not love any god and I have more than enough. And how can you have nothing if nothing doesn't exist?
Yet again Greattech you babble away, spouting your innane drivel on the love of god. Firstly what 'god' are you talking about?
Secondly define that 'god'!!
Is it your personal 'god' or a god derived from others beliefs?
Do more people than you believe in the EXACT same god (every attribute the exact same)?

G

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Love God? So if we don't 'love' something that has no physical presence on this planet something that hasn't really done anything to anyone, we have nothing?

Damn.

I guess I'm a big sack 'o nothing then.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Beg to differ, i'd have 100 Quintillion Dollars, which in turn would give me the finanacial resources to do everything I ever wanted to do, which includes, but not exclusivly dedicated to, helping others.

Beg to Differ. I could home the poor/homesless which in turn could help them get back into society which in turn would give them a better chance at life. Also I'd have 100 Different Locations to 'Vacation'.

We can have a food supply for 100 years. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

Beg to differ. I could eat which in turn would allow me the strength to go out and help people. Or at the very least give me something to nibble on when Stargate SG-1 is on.

We can have a clothes supply for 100 years. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

Beg to Differ. I would be kept warm and able to move freely in society allowing me to help others....plus i've not exactly the figure one should put on public display

We can have medical services for a 100 years. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

Beg to differ. I would be healthy. I could use my time out helping people rather than sickly and dying.....plus Nurses

We can graduate from Harvard with a 4.0 GPA. If We do not Love God, We have Nothing.

Beg to differ. I can use my degree as a means to begin companies that have the benefit of helping people. I could become a Doctor and help the sick, or become a politician and help save the world that way....plus brainy ladies are tasty

Beg to differ. I've fed 100 hungry people, who in turn may help others and the cycle of good continues.

Beg to differ. 100 people enter back into a society, they inturn work to help others or they don't. Either way something good has happened.

Beg to Differ. Clothing 100 people would help society not have to look at naked fatties(as a fatty, i know i don't wanna see me naked)

Beg to differ....awwww you get the idea by now.

The future is ETERNITY.

The future is eternity, but we only exist a finite amount of time in this world. It matters not if we have the love of God in our hearts only that we are good people who do the best for ourselves, our loved ones and society in general. God, i truly believe, would not mind if you didn't believe in him IF you do justice to yourself as a human being and strive to make things better for everyone.

[edit on 1/10/2006 by JebusSaves]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hello Friends,

GreatTECH, thank you again for sharing your very kind thoughts. If I may, please allow me to offer an enhancement that may bring greater clarity and meaning to the offered sentiment. The following is an excerpt from the Essene Gospel of Peace with personal elucidation.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Although I have received the knowledge of the Mysteries but have no love, the knowledge I have is useless and can be of no meaningful benefit to me.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.

Although I have unlocked the secrets of cause and effect and have mastered space-time and though I believe in the truth of all these things were I cannot be removed from them, If I have no love, I have nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

Although I live in poverty and give generously to those that are in need and sacrifice myself on their behalf, If I don't do these things because love has moved me to do them, they are done in vain and I know not truth.

Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Love is immune to attack, shielded within the eternity of its being. It is kind and requires nothing of itself, it is humble.

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Love is just and asks for naught. A loving consciousness is not easily provoked and impure thoughts flee from it. It is not happy when injury befalls others, but knows and rejoices in the truth where ever it is found.

Love beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Love bears all hardships, Love hopes for the best in all things
and can withstand any test of its resolve.

Love never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Love will never fail you, but prognostications can fail. The dispensation of divine wisdom will cease and all knowledge will be removed from creation.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Mankind knows a little and can see into the future a little. But when the Christ Mind is come, then that which is little shall be made full.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

When our nature was profane, we spoke as the worldly spoke, we thought as the worldly thought and understood creation as the worldly understood it, but when the Christ Mind has come, we put away the things of the profane.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

For all things are at first a mystery to us, until we begin to explore and unravel their nature. But if we are true, soon we will know all things as we know ourselves.

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

We have come to know the importance of faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is Love.

Kindest Regards.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
In this day and age I would much rather have nothing that what the worlds gods have given to us. Send me nothing all day long and you can have the wars, death, betrayal, etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
lucum per lucerna, another excellent reply. Thank you for the link and further enlightenment. God Bless You and All.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"If We do not Love God, We have Nothing"

if we love god, we are nothing. and if we are nothing, whatever anyone takes from me, i will still be left with my nothing.

see my nothing?

it is a zero.

see my zero?

all the saints wear the zero above their heads, for it is their crown, and how the other zeros recognize them.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, are you saying that we must hate God to be something? I believe we are all something no matter what our opinon or lack of opinion is of God. True Glory is only reached by the Love of God. The point of the post is for humans to not search for self-Glory but God's Glory. If we are going to boast, boast only in the Lord.

Conditional upon love or hatred of God or nonbelief, what number would you assign God (Infinite, 1, 0, or another number), and humans (Infinite, 1, 0, or another number)? I believe God is Infinite and we are part of His Infinity so humans would be assigned a number usually different from 1 but always different from 0.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Esoteric Teacher, are you saying that we must hate God to be something?

if this is what you read, it is not what i said. where did i say hate god?

I believe we are all something no matter what our opinon or lack of opinion is of God. True Glory is only reached by the Love of God. The point of the post is for humans to not search for self-Glory but God's Glory. If we are going to boast, boast only in the Lord.

the lord boasts?
the lord wants us to boast?

Conditional upon love or hatred of God or nonbelief, what number would you assign God (Infinite, 1, 0, or another number), and humans (Infinite, 1, 0, or another number)? I believe God is Infinite and we are part of His Infinity so humans would be assigned a number usually different from 1 but always different from 0.

Conditional upon love or hatred of God or nonbelief...

love or hate?
you make it sound like they are opposites.

if god is infinite, then i guess god will return when god has counted to the highest number ???

and when would you expect god's return from calculating the highest number???

if you loved god, why do you not start counting to the highest number for him, or start at the top and move your way down, perhaps you'll meet god in the middle???

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How can we TRULY Love anything if we do not Love the Creator God? How can we TRULY Love our families, friends, people we meet, or even a subatomic particle if we do not Love the Creator God?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves

Beg to differ, i'd have 100 Quintillion Dollars, which in turn would give me the finanacial resources to do everything I ever wanted to do, which includes, but not exclusivly dedicated to, helping others.

Beg to Differ. I could home the poor/homesless which in turn could help them get back into society which in turn would give them a better chance at life. Also I'd have 100 Different Locations to 'Vacation'.

Beg to differ. I could eat which in turn would allow me the strength to go out and help people. Or at the very least give me something to nibble on when Stargate SG-1 is on.

Beg to Differ. I would be kept warm and able to move freely in society allowing me to help others....plus i've not exactly the figure one should put on public display

Beg to differ. I would be healthy. I could use my time out helping people rather than sickly and dying.....plus Nurses

Beg to differ. I can use my degree as a means to begin companies that have the benefit of helping people. I could become a Doctor and help the sick, or become a politician and help save the world that way....plus brainy ladies are tasty

Beg to differ. I've fed 100 hungry people, who in turn may help others and the cycle of good continues.

Beg to differ. 100 people enter back into a society, they inturn work to help others or they don't. Either way something good has happened.

Beg to Differ. Clothing 100 people would help society not have to look at naked fatties(as a fatty, i know i don't wanna see me naked)

Beg to differ....awwww you get the idea by now.

The future is ETERNITY.

The future is eternity, but we only exist a finite amount of time in this world. It matters not if we have the love of God in our hearts only that we are good people who do the best for ourselves, our loved ones and society in general. God, i truly believe, would not mind if you didn't believe in him IF you do justice to yourself as a human being and strive to make things better for everyone.

[edit on 1/10/2006 by JebusSaves]

You have voted JebusSaves for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.
:up

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
JebusSaves, you speak from a secularistic view of life and I do not agree with you completely from even a secularistic view of life, but you made some strong points within secularism.

I am Spiritual and devote as much time to God and Heavenly affairs as much as possible.

Is it best to devote as much time as possible to a Human boss or the Ultimate Creator of Infinite Universes? For the last 11 years, I have always sided for the latter.

God Bless You and All.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Is it best to devote as much time as possible to a Human boss or the Ultimate Creator of Infinite Universes? For the last 11 years, I have always sided for the latter.

Let us believe for a moment that God exists. He is everything we are told he is. We have undeniable proof.
There is no question about God anymore.
The World however, is exactly the same. People are dying of things that we as mere human beings can solve.
Do i neglect those things, instead devoting myself to God?
Do I hope that in his benevolence he will cure the sick, feed the hungry and home the poor?
Or do I get off my fat ass, search for the cures myself, share my food and open my home?

It is the last one.
My love (or lack of, if thats the case) of God has nothing to do with my love of my fellow man. They are separate.

We don't need the 100 Quintillion Dollars or the 100 Mansions but to live, flourish and/or simply survive we don't need to love God either.
Its a want deep within.

I appreciate and thank the Creator of all things for giving me the chance at life, the chance to have meaning, but if i have want my life to have meaning, then I have to do things my way. At the same time, I cannot devote my time to him either.

I cannot believe that an infinite being would create everything just so we would worship him and neglect the many other wonders of life.

My Belief is that God does exist. I believe he created everything for all living beings to experience to learn.
A school isn't created just so students can spend all their time thinking of the Headmaster, praying to him, doing what you think is his will.

Its a place to study, to learn and understand, its a place to begin a journey and start experience which is what I believe Life is.
This part of the experience is the School, our journey into the next life will be based on what we personally learn.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A lot of people (most people) 'love' God for various reasons that are far removed from what love actually is.

Even loving one another - that is, more often than not, some sort of 'need' or other kind of compensatory mechanism propelled by our psyche....

Most of us don't even love (or like or respect) ourselves.

Many don't love strangers (and perhaps even so-called 'friends')...

If I had a million bucks, but I didn't share it with anyone...then truly I am the most destitute person in the world.

God doesn't even enter into the equation of LOVE until we actually have experienced it (in its true and natural form which is the embodiment of selflessness!)

You can't love God until you perceive that He loves you (that is called 'faith')...

...and you can't perceive love until you have actually participated in a few and various type exchanges of same.

In general, the world 'loves God' in order to circumvent the uncomfortable aspects of self (and dealing with same--not eliminating them but learning to accept them!!)

If I can say that I actually love God, from the process I outlined above....and I say that to someone who can not....

It means absolutely NOTHING as far as who I am and what I'm worth as a person (both in my quality of life and compared to others)....

It's immaterial, truly. But what is of utmost importance is BROTHERHOOD!

Peace and Unity, mon!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
JebusSaves I truly support helping and assisting humanity to the maximum extent possible, given our human limitations. My point is that if we did not Love God during the process, the means to the end were bad and therefore did not truly help and assist people. The means and end must involve all-encompassing Love so that others will Truly benefit. A person who uses bad means for a perceived "good end" fail during the process and the perceived "good end" is not even satisfied for the short-term. Only a firm and indestructible foundation of the Love of God can we create great means and great ends where the needy benefit in the short-term, long-term, and Eternity.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

JebusSaves I truly support helping and assisting humanity to the maximum extent possible, given our human limitations. My point is that if we did not Love God during the process, the means to the end were bad and therefore did not truly help and assist people. The means and end must involve all-encompassing Love so that others will Truly benefit. A person who uses bad means for a perceived "good end" fail during the process and the perceived "good end" is not even satisfied for the short-term. Only a firm and indestructible foundation of the Love of God can we create great means and great ends where the needy benefit in the short-term, long-term, and Eternity.

What do you mean 'bad means'?
Are you suggesting that if you don't have a love of God ion your heart then you are bad?
If that is the case, you are truly misguided my friend.
We are defined by our own actions that are determined by whatever motivates us.
What motivates us may be good or bad but its how we work.
People who are motivated by a love of God do things that are good, but also bad.
If a person has Gods love, but they do terrible things with a 'bad end' and used 'bad means' to get to that point, what then?

No, I believe you have got it all wrong. A Love of God is a wonderous thing, but it is not needed to make your life good, it is not needed to do good...its just a bonus.

As for God the being, in his truest benevolence, he would not judge a person on their 'opnion' of him, but on how he lived his life, on how he treated others and how he tried to make a difference.
Their lives have been devoid of that love, but that does not mean they had no meaning, or that they were 'bad', it just means they chose to live life their way.

I do, however, believe that anyone who has nothing but a love for God, does nothing to help others or even themselves, they are the ones who have nothing because they are missing out on something wonderful, and that is life....the greatest Gift God gave to us.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

KJV
Matthew 22: 35-40
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

I John 4: 7-8

7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

If the entire world could live by this philosophy, there would be no war, hunger, or poverty. Unfortunately, humans tend to be selfish, egocentric little pus buckets that are so self absorbed they cannot see the world beyond their own noses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join