It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puppet Governments & Propaganda: Concept of the Puppetmaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The below linked report I found is, in my opinion a great history to remember. It has many simularities to the current conflicts and how they were orchestrated.

Fully detailed and compacted full of key bits of info, presented clearly. It covers topics of varying but interconnected occurences, listed below. May be a bit dated, but the info is of no less importance because of that. I highly suggest reading this.

• BOSNIAN MUSLIM GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA
  • MEDIA BIASES AND SENTIMENTS
  • THE QUALITY OF AMERICAN DIPLOMACY
  • BOSNIAN SERBS: THEIR OWN WORST ENEMY
  • THE CROAT CONNECTION
  • CONCLUDING OBSERVATIONS AND WARNINGS

"One man who minds his own business is more valuable to the world than 10,000 cocksure moralists."
H. L. Mencken

"We should arm the victims of aggression." (William Safire)1 This type of advocacy rhetoric regarding the Bosnian Muslim government in Sarajevo finally grew sufficiently deafening to dupe NATO into prosecuting the civil war against the Bosnian Serbs. These words stirred souls and ignited passions but frequently bore little resemblance to reality. In fact, America has not been so pathetically deceived since Robert McNamara helped to micromanage and escalate the Vietnam War while secretly lacking the intestinal fortitude to state his personal convictions of self-doubt about the enterprise to the President and nation.
Foreign Military Studies Office - Selling the Bosnian Myth to America: Buyer Beware

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I just wanted to also point out, what is said about then, could be just as true today.

As NATO threatens to further employ its air forces in support of achieving Muslim military goals and the U.S. teeters on the precipice of embroiling itself in another Vietnam and Somalia-type quagmire, it is time to examine some of the myths being perpetuated about this conflict. These images can then be juxtaposed with the reality on the ground. Accordingly, the purpose of this paper is twofold: first, to scrutinize the often distorted truth of this Balkan struggle and highlight the sophisticated misinformation and disinformation being foisted upon the American public by misguided "moralists" and unprofessional elements of the media; second, to explain how the U.S. arrived at the dangerous position in which it now finds itself.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

This reminds me of the old saying that those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. This material being from 1995 is amazingly timely now as you have said already. I can see some correlations to today's nonsense.

American proclivities mistakenly insist on simplifying this conflict to one of good versus evil. Debates over training and arming the Bosniacs with deployed forces bespeak of the total misunderstanding with which the U.S. interprets this situation. Such arguments demonstrate that elements of our government continue to insist on taking sides. While Bosniac apologists applaud this potential mission, our European allies recoil in horror.

American proclivities simplify this conflict to one of good versus evil. Now that does remind me of something. Where did I first hear the term evil doers and feel as though we were in a struggle against it?

"We cannot fully understand the designs and power of evil. It is enough to know that evil, like goodness, exists. And in the terrorists, evil has found a willing servant."

Link

Oh yeah, now I remember. George told us all about that. I could go on with some real zingers with that one but I'll leave it at that for now. Oh, damn one more.

"The evil ones have roused a mighty nation, a mighty land. And for however long it takes, I am determined that we will prevail. And prevail we must, because we fight for one thing, and that is the freedom of our people, and the freedom of people everywhere."

Link

Now we seemed to initiate this policy of funding questionable characters and getting into the middle of conflicts some time ago. The below operation was initiated before the brilliant intervention strategies that you have brought to light I believe.

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm, train, and finance the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention.

en.wikipedia.org...

Below is a direct result from the above much later though. I'm not even sure if this is what actually happened. For all we know all parties involved still work together but do so in the roles of good versus evil.

Yet Mr Mohamed, it is clear from his record, was working for the US government at the time he provided the training: he was a Green Beret, part of America's Special Forces. Mr Mohamed's arrest seems to be part of a pattern, as the US slowly moves towards the realisation that many of those now arrayed against it with Mr bin Laden were once its allies in the war in Afghanistan.

www.independent.co.uk...

So now that we have established and set in motion all of the bad guys and seem to have a knack for doing it without asking the American Public what they think should be done, what else can I say?

Bring em on?

Now where have I heard that before?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Very good stuff, am looking forward to reading more.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Reading more what? You cannot elaborate on your opening post or why you felt as though it was significant at the present time a little more? Can you elaborate on my reply to you? Seriously, that post above is not what I would have expected from a super moderator called ADVISOR. Jimminy cricket man.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Considering the opportunity to read over all the material presented, was not available. Just wanted to have had a chance to cover it all before giving a full reply.

Was not aware there is a time limit on replying...

Patience is a virtue.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Now I see says the blind man. I shall sit and ponder such things that encourage morale excellence. No, really I'm not that patient. Thanks for the reply. My apologies for coming to a hasty conclusion.

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." Thomas Jefferson

new topics

top topics

join