It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory about life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
While i believe that some of you that read this will think i'm totally crazy, and other's might get offended; I would just like to state that i wish to offend nobody (i might be a little "crazy" though)

There are many out there that will tell you about how infinite life and god is. I would just like to say what i feel about this.

Have you ever wondered what it must feel like to be a single cell inside of an object, or maybe even an atom or molecule? Take a second and think about how things would look if you were one cell inside of a human body, how small you would be, what it would feel like to be so tiny.

Now that you've pondered that (or not) i want to ask a simple yet complex question. What if we are a single cell comprising something so inexplicably large that we could never see the whole of it. Our galaxy is enormous, with millions and millions of stars and solar systems that comprise it. Now think about how many billions of galaxies are in the universe as we know it. Each one of those galaxies has as many stars as we do, (some have more some have less) but for the most part it's all about the same to us.

What if we (humans) were actually tiny pieces of a single cell? What if we live on a single cell that makes what we would call god? We would not be able to tell if we did make up something that large, at least not in our physical bodies. Think about infinite for a moment (which is sort of impossible since it goes on forever), everything is made up of numerous smaller parts right? So everything must be one of those numerous smaller parts that create something larger. Nothing is actually solid as in one object. Everything is comprised of smaller objects that give the illusion of wholeness.

What if people and earth are just a very advanced form of atoms or cells? I know that this may be hard for some to grasp, but just think about it for a while. There are many who talk about everything being one, unity. This is my form of unity. I have thought about this ever since the age of at least 10 i know for sure. I'm 18 now, and it becomes more evident to me with every passing day that i study other people's beliefs and theories that maybe my theory could just be possible.

I would sincerely like all of your input on this subject, including criticism if you don't agree. All that i ask of you is that we remain on the topic of my theory and not get off on a rampage about who's belief system works better. We are all the same in here and we all have an equal say in this. So could we please try to keep it civil, thank you and much love and light to all.

Pancho

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I'm clean and all, but I'm just too depressed for philosphical debate right now. I'm going to just say this about life. People have every right to be a self-hating species, I've seen why. I wish I knew I could write again or at least have the possiblity of that dream back. It's better than this.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
A good question, Pancho, I have occasionally thought about the same thing.
It makes you wonder where our arrogance and vanity comes from?
How is one ever going to prove anything like that?
We seem to be unaware where the very big or the very small begin or end.

On the other hand we seem to have little choice but get on with our lives but I do believe that doubt is the prerequisite for learning.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Proving this is definately going to be near impossible, but who knows, maybe one day soon we will have the means to. In my opinion the ego is one of the most self defeating things that humans have, i also know that it can be a very hard thing to rid yourself of. For me, the proof is just how it all fits, kinda like a puzzle. There are large numbers of small things that make up large things, so to me it's just logical that we would continue this pattern as well. I'm not trying to start a new religion or anything, i just thought that i would tell people my thoughts. Perhaps this will open the minds of some a little, we always have room for expanding our mind. That is until somebody can actually prove how much info our brains can hold.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
Proving this is definately going to be near impossible, but who knows, maybe one day soon we will have the means to. In my opinion the ego is one of the most self defeating things that humans have, i also know that it can be a very hard thing to rid yourself of. For me, the proof is just how it all fits, kinda like a puzzle. There are large numbers of small things that make up large things, so to me it's just logical that we would continue this pattern as well. I'm not trying to start a new religion or anything, i just thought that i would tell people my thoughts. Perhaps this will open the minds of some a little, we always have room for expanding our mind. That is until somebody can actually prove how much info our brains can hold.

I think it is a very old question, there are religious thinkers that call the very big " Macrocosm" and the very small "Microcosm" and the human race is between those two things and that is all we have to base our opinions on. The only pattern we can recognise is that which we live and witness..
We are stuck with our egos, what else do we have? So we might as well try and use it to our benefit. It is too easy to get depressed and look at life in a gloomy way, I read once that " THe greatest glory is not never to fall down but to get up everytime you fall"
Who knows how much knowledge our brains can hold but it is wisdom we should go after, knowledge without wisdom is like a donkey with a load of books on his back..

Cheer up, by the time you are 25 you will have forgotten who you were when you were 18!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am definately not sad, right now i'm full of love for the world. I've never been happier.

Assuming that the world lasts until i'm 25, I don't think i'll change too drastically. I've pretty much decided that i'm happy with me the way i am, so i'm going to more or less stay the same for the rest of my life.

I do have to say that your quote on wisdom is very true, and i will take that advice (i've never liked carrying books on my back, they can be heavy).

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I am definately not sad, right now i'm full of love for the world. I've never been happier.

Assuming that the world lasts until i'm 25, I don't think i'll change too drastically. I've pretty much decided that i'm happy with me the way i am, so i'm going to more or less stay the same for the rest of my life.

Glad you are fine, do you really remember who you were 5 years ago?
When you are 18 you think you know it all,
when you are 21 you know you know it all,
By the time you get to 25 you know you know nothing...

It's all good fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So I guess that nobody else feels the same way as me. That's ok, it was just something i've always considered a possibility. If anybody else may have comments on this theory, please, let's hear them.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I know that there is somebody else out there that has considered something similar to this before, any opinions are welcome and no idea is too crazy to be considered. Let's just consider this possibility for a moment, it might be hard to wrap your mind around but just think about it.

Peace,

Pancho

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Is this a theory of life or an explanation of the nature of the universe?

Anyways, Billy Connoly. He said that if you look at solar systems and atoms they are pretty much identicle... so what stops us being really tiny and kind of being dirt on an electron thats part of a birds talon in the next step up. The problem with this type of idea is infinite regress. You can go up and the down the scale an infinite number of times meaning each and every possible universe must exist.

However I think this isn't what your trying to say really. I think what you want is here, the theory of braids, the supposed natural extension of string theory.

It makes you wonder where our arrogance and vanity comes from?

Thats a good point Ersatz, in a book I read recently we are reminded that a Roman would have thought his civilization was the peak of all time, not being able to imagine what the future could bring. Yet now the Romans, although good in their day, are seen as more primitive than us, now we are living on the edge of time, arrogant in the knowledge that noone has ever surpassed the achievements we've made.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The way I understand it is: we are each cells in ONE body - that body is God.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Roll the ending to "Men in Black" (If you recall we are a universe inside an alien marble. Hehe)

I like to think we are apart of something bigger. Its all perception, right? how you see things… I believe everything you do or do not do in life matters. We will as a people always have questions and never know fully; our potential is thus limitless.

My path, your path is all choices what you choose to do is up to you to decide. Its like this… I do not know what my purpose in life is, but it is revealed to me each day.

We have purpose, and if you do not know what that is… Do not worry about it because the time you understand that which you must do and do it there is more to do. That time comes to all of us so face your fears today; Stand up and fear not, go boldly.

Talking cell talk. Are you going to be a cancer in this life and give into hate? Or are you going to be an antibody and perpetuate the cure? The choice is yours…

I say Fight the good fight.

Good journey friends.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What if we are a single cell comprising something so inexplicably large that we could never see the whole of it. Our galaxy is enormous, with millions and millions of stars and solar systems that comprise it. Now think about how many billions of galaxies are in the universe as we know it. Each one of those galaxies has as many stars as we do, (some have more some have less) but for the most part it's all about the same to us.

What if we (humans) were actually tiny pieces of a single cell? What if we live on a single cell that makes what we would call god? We would not be able to tell if we did make up something that large, at least not in our physical bodies. Think about infinite for a moment (which is sort of impossible since it goes on forever), everything is made up of numerous smaller parts right? So everything must be one of those numerous smaller parts that create something larger. Nothing is actually solid as in one object. Everything is comprised of smaller objects that give the illusion of wholeness.

What if people and earth are just a very advanced form of atoms or cells? I know that this may be hard for some to grasp, but just think about it for a while. There are many who talk about everything being one, unity. This is my form of unity. I have thought about this ever since the age of at least 10 i know for sure. I'm 18 now, and it becomes more evident to me with every passing day that i study other people's beliefs and theories that maybe my theory could just be possible.

Ya man what if. This is an "out there" theory so common from this same source. This should be in the trash bin.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

Ya man what if. This is an "out there" theory so common from this same source. This should be in the trash bin.

I could totally understand that if this were not the Faith, Spirituality, and Theology section. Also, wasn't it you that went on a rampage about how killing the greys is the only way to save our peaceful world, joking or not, that was something that should have been thrown in the trash.

Aside from that I appreciate everyone else's input, especially people that at times can have opposing views, it's good to see a civil conversation for once (aside from the above post).

Thank you all so much, may peace and love be plentiful in your lives

Pancho

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, if we assume that the universe is alive...In other words, if we assume that the universe is just another living being within the living being which we call God, then your concept is not hard to accept,Pan.

I have heard this theory that you propose quite a few times and it makes sense to me. However, when one is thinking about this, one should never assume that the universe is necessarily living in the sense that we are. For example,yeah, a dog and cat are alive,but is there consciousness the same as ours? Certainly not.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This* has been a fascinating thread to follow so far. I thought about this idea for a long time too, and it makes sense even though it doesn't.

It could drive you crazy to think about it really. I don't necessarily believe in it, but I'm open to the possibility. After all, an atom has the same basic structure as a planet with a moon, and then a solar system, and then a star cluster, and then a galaxy cluster**. Why not then the universe and so on both directions? It seems infinite and incremental as size increases. Why not then as size decreases? Infinity really hasn't ever been a hard concept for me to grasp. The egyptions seemed to understand it too. Actually, I believe the concept was grasped and introduced from the very beginning of religion, and was handed down through the generations until it reached the egyptians. After Egypt lost power, I think that languages had probably changed so much that it just became a difficult concept to explain, which is part of why it is hard for our minds to grasp.

Another problem is the idea that birth and death are a beginning and end. Once those ideas are eliminated, eternity is really easy to think about. We existed before we were born, and have always existed in one form or another. After we die, we will continue to exist.

Here's something else to think about. Supposing my last paragraph is true, forget the physical and apply the same concept to the spiritual world. Our spirits start out as tiny atom-like spiritual matter. Suppose we call this atom intelligence. This matter is then connected to physical matter and to other spiritual matter that is also connected to physical matter. The entire purpose of each intelligence is to serve the "whole." In other words, each bit of intelligence that makes up our thought process links together until there are enough working parts to create a consciousness. Because these bits of intelligence are hooked to a particle of matter, this explains why we are not conscious until we have been born and have developed. Anyway, this idea is just a work in progress, though I've developed it a lot further in my mind than I've gone into here. I'll have to work on it a little more and post an article on my blog sometime. I could probably write a whole book if I wanted to. It's quite the fascinating subject, but still just a theory.

* Spelling error from lack of sleep.
** Punctuation error for the same reason as the spelling error.

[edit on 11.10.2006 by Isaac Tanner Madsen]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
let me respond by asking a simple question.

would you change the way you lived if it were proved to be true? If so, Why?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
let me respond by asking a simple question.

would you change the way you lived if it were proved to be true? If so, Why?

No I wouldn't change a thing. I just read your post in the "what religion were you...." thread, and I completely get what you are saying. This is just something i think, that we are all tiny particles creating the whole.

I am perfectly at peace with myself, i'm a very happy and content person. I live my life through love as much as i can, and i hope that this world will wake up soon. My theory has nothing to do with the way I live my life, it's just something that i find interesting.

Peace and love,

Pancho

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
so then, would you say, theorizing is just for recreational purposes. It doesnt matter if your right or wrong then, right?

My point is that, it doesn't directly effect you, thus it doesn't really hold any relevence to you. If it doesn't hold any relevence, then its just curiosity, is it not?

Curiosity Has Killed More Then Just The Cat. Throughout history at least.

My point is, never let it take you out of recreation. If it isn't something that directly effects you, its not important enough to fight over, its nice to know, but not worth anything, including life.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I see no reason why I would change the way I live. Actually, I partially believe this theory so I'm already living by it anyway*. Or, perhaps I should say I believe parts of this theory. I have no idea that it proves we exist within other larger living beings, but why not? It's an odd concept, but not inconceivable. I don't happen to believe that particular point though, other that the fact that I believe that all matter has some sort of will and desire, though it may just be based on a specific task it has given. In that sense, we are part of a living being (the world & so on) and living beings are a part of us (every particle of matter).*

For example, the world rotates on it's axis around the sun because of the laws that are put in place. So in essence, the laws told it to do so. The scriptures tell us that God is the law, so in this context, God commands the elements. Maybe even the earth has it's own will, but like all other elements it continues to obey physical laws because it has no desire to do otherwise.

So, from this viewpoint, if it is God who placed those laws in motion, then that is how God gets his power. It's a natural physical law that already exists. Can our electricity work if the power plant isn't functioning properly? This is another law of power gained by obedience. Without obedience (or a working tool), there is no power.

Here's another example of how the same law works in amongst human life. Can a business run if it's workers are out protesting? Just like a business can fire a worker for disobeying, God can literally "fire" those who are not obeying his laws. This is why there are examples in the bible of men who disobeyed and were struck by lightning. God knew the elements would obey even in the man wouldn't, so he told the atmosphere to form a cloud, and he told the cloud to build up enough energy and release it at a certain moment in a certain location. Because the elements have no reason to disobey, the man is toast a few seconds later.

It's a fairly obvious law and a simple concept, but it's overlooked far too often.

* Edited for clarification.

[edit on 11.11.2006 by Isaac Tanner Madsen]

<<   2 >>

join