It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC Republican Calls For Sterilization of Parents with Bad Kids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Where on Earth does the party of morals find these people?

“What we’ve got is a failure in society, whether it’s in Mount Pleasant with yuppie parents or whether it’s on the East Side with poor crackhead parents,” Shirley said Friday. “We pick up stray animals and spay them. These mothers need to be spayed if they can’t take care of theirs. … Once they have a child and it’s running the streets, to let them continue to have children is totally unacceptable.” Deadbeat dads might ought to be sterilized as well, he said.

Is this next? I'd like your opinions. OMG-

If this has already been posted, please refer me to the original post. Thank you.

I cant believe this one.
Source

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Where on Earth does the party of morals find these people?

“What we’ve got is a failure in society, whether it’s in Mount Pleasant with yuppie parents or whether it’s on the East Side with poor crackhead parents,” Shirley said Friday. “We pick up stray animals and spay them. These mothers need to be spayed if they can’t take care of theirs. … Once they have a child and it’s running the streets, to let them continue to have children is totally unacceptable.” Deadbeat dads might ought to be sterilized as well, he said.

Is this next? I'd like your opinions. OMG-

If this has already been posted, please refer me to the original post. Thank you.

I cant believe this one.
Source

I doubt the rantings of a city councilman will become statute (local, state or federal)

[edit on 9/30/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I totally disagree with that, and IMO saying that kind of thing is treason in my mind.

Another issue, who decides what constitutes 'bad'?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I dont know, but this would put that icing on the cake, with flowers and the message should be: Happy New World Order, Folks"

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well I have to say. . . that the statement may seem outrageous for some and it probably get a lot of negative comments.

But after living in the south and seen the conditions of some children and their mothers . . . I wish sometimes that some of these mothers were sterilized.

Occurs you have to witness and see some situations to feel this way.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
While you are right, Marg, that some mothers are not fit, are they going to pick and chose now and decide who should have kids, and who shouldnt?

Some very good parents have children and those children turn to drugs and crimes, but are you going to blame the parents? I dont know about this.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is a disgusting idea. This 'person' seems to be comfortable classifying people as nothing more than animals to be controlled and 'spayed' at his whim. If this man really has such a lack of empathy towards his compatriots I would suggest that it is he who should be prevented from breeding.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well I tell you what it will not be the first time that the US does that to any particular group.

Back in the days after Puerto Rico became part of the US up to the early 60s it was a program implemented by the US to sterilized puertorrican women because they could not provide for all their children, specially the poor families.

Many women were sterilized without even been asked for.

So I am no surprise when you have some government officials talking about it.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Umm I have no idea why I even wrot the post this is replacing,
so..move along nothing to see here.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
But marg just because it true does make it right. The person I called grandma (she isn't my real grandma but she been like one to me until the day she die) was sterilized in P.R. and it deeply effected her and she got cancer cause of this.

You have blame the U.S. from screwing up P.R. and the reason it poor.

I like you am not surprise that they thinking about doing this. I don't think it is right and that why I going to fight when this happen.

Which probably not. I think he just ranting.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by El Che]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Look at the crime rate in the U.S. Our prisons are overflowing. Rape, robbery and murder occur regularly, not to mention the thousands of kids that disappear every day. Our society is seriously messed up and in my opinion, it's mostly due to bad parenting.

So many people have kids by accident or do it because they think it's expected of them. Kids are a huge responsibility, emotionally and financially. A lot of people are not cut out for parenting but those are the ones that have the most kids and then they end up neglected or abused, or just not taken care of properly.

You could try to educate these people and help them obtain some decent parenting skills but a lot of these individuals don't make enough money to properly take care of all the kids they have.

Our planet is overpopulated as it is and humans are destroying it. Everyone should be contributing to society, not just run around robbing, raping, taking advantage of others and end up in a prison cell where our tax dollars have to take care of them for the rest of their lives.

What options do we have to control all of the practically useless individuals we have in our society? I don't mean to be harsh, but something has to happen. There are too many stupid and dangerous people that serve no purpose whatsoever.

(gets ready for the backlash)

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
annestacey, what you are suggesting has been considered before, it's called eugenics. It's not only immoral but leads down slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I know what annestacey is trying to say but it doesn't work they only way to solve this problem is to educate the people as best we can. We need to stop beating around the bush about sex if we want to stop making bad parents and be up front about it and I mean up in front that why we have so many problems I think.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Che
I know what annestacey is trying to say but it doesn't work they only way to solve this problem is to educate the people as best we can. We need to stop beating around the bush about sex if we want to stop making bad parents and be up front about it and I mean up in front that why we have so many problems I think.

I agree. Our kids are "protected" from the world of sex, but it's ok for them watch all the violence we can throw at them. It seems to me that our government has pushed society in this direction for a reason. Maybe they wanted us to overpopulate and become violent so that they would have a justifiable reason for cutting down the population sometime in the future.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What do I think?

Well:

1. It's too late to sterilize the parents after the kids have already matured to the point you know their behavior is bad - so what's next? Sterilizing bad kids?

2. The whole idea is based on REALLY bad science.

3. Looks like a trial balloon, designed to assess timing for the next step.

4. Be afraid. Be very afraid. The eugenicists never let go of their agenda, they just went underground and repackaged their theories as "genetics."

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thats just the most moronic thing i've heard for a long time, however i am thinking do we start by sterelizing the mothers of those in goverment, or the mothers of the new annual S & B members.....that should cover a few areas of "badness".

That would be the best start to making sure the REAL BAD does'nt continue!

CX.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

4. Be afraid. Be very afraid. The eugenicists never let go of their agenda, they just went underground and repackaged their theories as "genetics."

Exactly!!!!!!!!
is now trying to work on the minds of the people that are outrage of how our society is changing.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree with dgtempe on this one.

To sterilise some one is to remove a fundamental right from them - forever. How can one little rich bitch sat in a seat of power look down on all of the poorer people and think ' hey, lets get rid of some poor folks and their futures'. ??

These poorer folks are the ones that fight the rich peoples wars - these poor people are the ones forgotten about by those at the top till they see a 'seedy' under belly to their white and uptight power structure...

Damn these people make me so angry! who the hell do they think they are that in the 21st cenury eugenics can come back into being?? WWII was fought so this monstrosity died forever.... Will they not learn?? Or is history slowly repeating itself here???

Maybe those C/T ers are right...maybe the Nazis didn't lose WWII after all, they just went underground into the power base of the USA...

If you have a problem with the poor rich bitch, spend some dollars helping them out, not taking away their rights and freedoms....

(Who knows, poor kids can grow into rich beautiful adults too you know?? Damn power mad nazi wanna be's sat in their ivory towers..... GGGGGGRRRRRRRR!:mad

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And the Bush family have been strong supporters of eugenics ever since Prescott Bush back in the early '20's. In fact, Prescott (GWB's grandfather) helped to draw up some of the Nazi policies.

I don't think it's bad parenting that is ruining our kids though. I think it's the govt. They pass laws that bleed the middle class financially and so the middle class average parent doesn't make enough money to support a family of even 1 or 2 children. So the moms are forced to go to work and spend too much time away from their children so they can't supervise them. This world is a horrible place right now to raise children, no matter who you are or how much money you have. There's too much violence, etc.

And I agree, this councilman should be sterilized. We don't need any more non-compassionate people on this planet.

Wonder how his kids turned out? They couldn't be all that mentally healthy with a father like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What do I think? Well, okay, you asked ....

Speaking just here in America ... not other countries ....

1 - A mass sterilization of people who are 'bad parents' would not work. It is against their civil liberties. Lawyers would have a field day.

2 - A mass sterilization of people who are 'bad parents' would require the government to agree to a moral definition of who is a good parent and who isn't. Frankly .. our federal government wouldn't be able to figure it out. They would be too busy with bickering.

3 - It would be a dangerous slippery slope.

4 - Those in government are many times themselves are full of immoralities. Some of them would end up being sterilized. I doubt they'd go for a law about it.

5 - The guy who said this was probably exasperated with the behavior of idiots and had a bad day. We ALL have bad days where idiots get under our skin and we have to say something. Hopefully he just got irked. I'm sure there are days that we all reach the end of our rope with whacks and just blurt out things like that .. knowing that it can't and shouldn't happen.

6 - Even so .. the guy is a politician and should have known better than to let idiots push him into saying something like that. Major 'bad' on his part.

7 - If people are bad parents and the children are in danger, there are laws in place to remove the children and punish the parents. These laws don't work as well as they should and if the politician is that upset (which obviously he is) then he needs to work on the laws that are in place and make them better; and get them working so the children will be protected.

THAT is what I am thinking on this... since you ask!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join