It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Shaw Great Man?? Bad Man??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hello all,
I’m new to ATS and so far, I like what I see!
It appears to be a very welcoming environment full of “free” thinkers which may I add is a rare commodity.

Ok sorry back to the topic on hand, I would like to know your general opinion on Jim Shaw….Good…Bad….Etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am not familar with the debate if he was or was not a mason but what is his major big point? You can't say "Jesus Christ" after a prayer big deal. You can't bring in an easter bunny for your desk in a civil job either but he isn't complaining about that. I have heard the story before about worship of a false god etc give me a break if that is all a person has on masonry they need to go after something like skull and bones where they can speculate.

Further more he states how his eye doctor priest doesn't like masonry. He seems very easy to mold and lead about. If he was a mason he states he was one for a long time so I really don't get the all of a sudden break. Also why did he join masonry in the first place? Did he think he was gonna find the holy grail to be closer to Jesus?

Good thing ne never understood allegory he might of found the devil in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've only got one thing to say about Jim Shaw - he's a liar. He lies so much that his pants regularly burst into flame.

Do a search on Jim Shaw on ATS and you will find much info about him. This thread is probably a good place to start.

In short, he was never a 33rd degree mason like he claimed and consequently never attended the 33rd degree ceremony that the bulk of his book is about.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosceteipsum
Hello all,
I’m new to ATS and so far, I like what I see!
It appears to be a very welcoming environment full of “free” thinkers which may I add is a rare commodity.

Ok sorry back to the topic on hand, I would like to know your general opinion on Jim Shaw….Good…Bad….Etc.

Jim Shaw is deceased (God rest his soul) but Trinityman has pointed out a very important fact.

The [ahem] Reverend Jim Shaw made many claims against Masonry. That's fine. He WAS a Mason and was entitled to his own opinion. HOWEVER to make his book more spectacular (in a "National Enquirer" sensationalist fashion) he (a minister) lied about his accomplishments in Masonry to make the book more desireable.

I cannot fathom why a so-called man of God would resort to lying (which the Bible frowns upon) but he did.

He was NEVER a Thirty-Third Degree Scottish Rite Mason. He was a Thirty-Second Degree Mason and received the K.C.C.H. (Knight Commander of the Court of Honour...which is a step between the 32nd & 33rd Degree in the Southern Jurisdiction, U.S.A.) but again, NEVER received the 33rd Degree. He tells all about the degree though (from an 18th century expose' of the ritual) and claims that this was the ceremony he went through. Funniest thing is, the ritual he describes is VASTLY DIFFERENT from the 33rd Degree conferred by the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite and even MORE different from today's versionof the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction's Scottish Rite.

I have no problem with him deciding that Masonry wasn't for him and trying (with sincerity) to bring Christians out of the Lodge. Masonry isn't for everyone, but LYING is NOT a Christian thing to do and a Christian Mason who lies knows nothing about Christianity OR Freemasonry.

My opion of Jim Shaw (upon whom be peace).

join