It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, Amerika, you were a lotta laughs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think I just hate the earth and the human race mostly hate them all mostly

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Where were you going to go? And what do you mean by it isn't as easy as it sounds?

I wanted to go to Spain, Mexico, or Canada. Passport laws are making it difficult for me to get a passport for my son. Also, some countries have serious requirements for becoming a citizen. For example, I can't become a Canadian citizen until I finish my next degree - not that I blame them at all.

Originally posted by Crakeur
I think I speak for all americans when I say "at least we aren't canadian." It is that thought that comforts us when we read the stories of what our administration is up to.

You don't speak for me. Actually I don't think you understand what "America" is. Canadians are Americans. Check out a map and you'll see that the residents of Canada are in North America. The residents of Brazil are in South America. America is a big place. Whether you are from Toronto, Chili, or Texas, you are all Americans.

I find no comfort in ethocentrism. Hatred and ignorance is part of the problem, not something that keeps me warm at night.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

Actually I don't think you understand what "America" is. Canadians are Americans. Check out a map and you'll see that the residents of Canada are in North America. The residents of Brazil are in South America. America is a big place. Whether you are from Toronto, Chili, or Texas, you are all Americans.

Yes we all know that the whole 2 continents are America, but when people are talking about the USA and they say 'Americans', it's usually accepted that they mean USAers. It happens on most threads on ATS and things outside of here, it's not ethnocentric it's just easier.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I think I speak for all americans when I say "at least we aren't canadian." It is that thought that comforts us when we read the stories of what our administration is up to.

I think I speak for a few Canadians who think "Man I'm glad Americans don't know whats up here! The wide open, clean spaces and natural beauty is great, and hey no crowds eh!"

Winter's coming better fix the roof!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join