It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, Amerika, you were a lotta laughs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Or, are all of you people freaking retarded?

Seriously, being from Canada i have my issues with the lower half of this continent, but nothing that would make me consider doing anything like preparing to protect myself from anything your insane government might try next.
I have yet to see any posts regarding this new legislation they just passed that literally makes anyone who disagrees with Bush, a terrorist. WTF????
It's one thing to do this behind your back, but it's right in front of you and still you do nothing.
Wake up morons! Your once great country has been fundamentally changed to the core of it's ideals and values, and any of you so called "patriots" that don't care what the whiners in the rest of the world think, i need to remind you it's not just the whiners. It's the whole world. It's like watching a drunk careen through a playground swinging a machete and shooting a gun, all the while telling us he's there to protect the children from bullies.
Please, before the rest of us have to, do something.
It's sad to have to watch, especially for those of us sitting at the side of your deathbed who considered you a friend once.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Look, not all of us sit drooling and doing nothing. I have been in too many protests to count, I have written every political figure and called their offices at least once. I vote (not that voting makes a difference any more).

I do everything I can to put a stop to the madness. I did try to leave the country, but that isn't as easy as it sounds.

My point is that not all of us approve of what is being done. We just can't get it to stop. I personally marched (with over 300 other people) right up to Bush's house in Crawford, Texas while he was there. We walked up there and demanded accountability. We brought letters, we protested, we sang, we dealt with the SS guys. It did little good. The press wouldn't even cover it. Bush wouldn't speak to us.

The only thing we didn't do was try to kill him, none of us would have done that. We did all we could though. I am still doing all I can. Do you think I want this war to continue? You think I want more people dead just so BushCo can make another buck? No. I want this to stop. If you can think of any thing else I can do, then by all means tell me.

Bush is a criminal, but he is seen to it that he's already pardoned. He makes soldiers into criminals and dead men. He makes civilians into terrorist. He makes me cry and get sick when I see what he is doing. So do tell me how I can stop this.

[edit on 9/30/06 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sorry mate, but sadly there is nothing you can do. We just all watch and wait. No, I am not putting my life at risk by speaking out about these things.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My life wouldn't be worth saving if I didn't risk it on occasion.
I just came back from a protest in fact. No, the protest itself won't end the war, but it did let some people know that you can still speak out. Bush doesn't speak for me and I have a right to say so, now others who feel the same way know that they have a right to say so.

I am sick to death of the violence commited in my name.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEATHKNELL
Or, are all of you people freaking retarded?
I have yet to see any posts regarding this new legislation

Here you go: Bush given retroactive immunity for warcrimes

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What's Amerika? Some fantasy land?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It might help the situation if most of our youth weren't on some kind of drug, and most of the people who aren't on drugs are either brainwashed or don't care. Everyone seems to be mesmerized by television so nobody really seems to know what's going on in our world, only what's coming on at 7 o'clock. It's not like we want to let these kinds of things go on, it's just that right now there isn't much we can do. There will come a time for revolution if things keep up the way they are, but that time is not now. The people must become more organized and unified, learn to love each other and forgive people. Only then will changes start, hopefully it won't be bloody, but rather peaceful. Things usually do get worse before they get better, but they will get better as long as we don't forget who we are. We are people, not sheep. We outnumber them many times, yet they still control our lives. Sooner or later people will wake up and then we will see what our future holds.

Peace, love, and light

Pancho

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

I do everything I can to put a stop to the madness. I did try to leave the country, but that isn't as easy as it sounds.

[edit on 9/30/06 by wellwhatnow]

Where were you going to go? And what do you mean by it isn't as easy as it sounds?

USA does seem to be going down the wrong path, and it's gonna get to the stage where the only thing that can turn them round is a good ol' revolution! During which they would probably be invaded by some other country or the world will destroy itself or something stupid like that.

I'd like to visit before then though...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think I speak for all americans when I say "at least we aren't canadian." It is that thought that comforts us when we read the stories of what our administration is up to.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What's wrong with Canadians? As far as I know the world has better opinions on Canadians than they do Americans.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
What's wrong with Canadians? As far as I know the world has better opinions on Canadians than they do Americans.

I have to admit that i've only met a few canadians (I live in texas), but every single one of them has been a good person and very interesting as well. I really don't know how the whole "at least i'm not canadian" thing started, but for the most part i've liked just about every canadian that i've met, but i cannot say the same for americans.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
My life wouldn't be worth saving if I didn't risk it on occasion.

What a great quote!

Unfortunately, I don't really contribute much in the form of protests or anything proactive of the sort. Our real strength as citizens is/should be voting. But now that the voting machines are proved to be hack-able within minutes I'm not sure it matters.

The puppet prez and his masters have taken the country by the balls, and right under the noses if it's citizens, using fear as the tool and sneaking in laws during the commotion (Patriot Act). Maybe I'd protest too if I thought it made a difference. Seems to me we've already lost to a 'Silent Coup De Tat'.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
while I was making a joke about canada, I figured I'd google "why canada sucks" and here is what I came up with:

www.pigdog.org...

and this

www.youtube.com...

enjoy

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I agree, actually. I'm rather ashamed with my country, for the reasons you stated and for other reasons.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When you look at the fact that there has been a slow, steady, manipulation of our minds and our ability to respond maybe you could understand how we have actually been formed into a state of semi-retardation.

We weren't this way by nature, but instead have been programmed.

You've heard of the document "Silent weapons, quiet Wars" well after about 50 years of progressive psychological attack we are sitting ducks.

Help us!!!!

Seriously, what would you do?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
while I was making a joke about canada, I figured I'd google "why canada sucks" and here is what I came up with:

www.pigdog.org...

Canadia is a poor and sparsely-populated country where up to 98% of the citizens are alcoholics.

Now if you said that about Britain... It would probably be true.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think that America can be a great country, but bush and his cronies have destroyed its reputation. It will be very difficult to restore America's reputation now.

Bush has made almost everything worse in the world, lets hope that the next president will not be worse than bush. Otherwise it will be "God save the American'ts" heheheee.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see who is elected as next president. Do you think Bush will have any influence on it? Does anyone know who will be running for next president or what? I'm not too clued up on the elections.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's hard to even care who is up for election since everything appears to be bought and sold and the contestents are puppets in most cases it seems. A good President would most likely be assasinated before making any real changes. If in fact all figures are merely manifesting a very old agenda wherein lies the hope?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Looks like it's revolution time then eh boys!? *grabs baseball bat and gun* :w:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join