It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something joined me in bed!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yeh it was very dark. It seemed skinlike, definitely no fur and it was much bigger than a squirrel, probably the size of baby seal :s i cant relate it to anything really. it was about 3-4 feet in length (horizontal on my bed). i think it may have been shiny but its hard ot be sure as there wasnt much light to be reflected of it.

I don't want to Frighten you but this "Thing" could still be in your house!
- Thanks

[edit on 1-10-2006 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If there WAS something don't you figure your cat would have got into some sort of tussle with it before it got on your bed?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It sounds like a snake to me. Could you describe it better please? I had a similar experience except that it involved humanoid hybrid reptilian creatures during a freaky sleep paraylsis event.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I can see where u are comin from with this and i totally beleeve u ive had a similar expeeriense but not with something (other then my girlfreind) in my bed. I saw somthing on the street just like your description except for the snake part it kinda looked like an alien from the movie Alein vs. Predetor

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Could it be like a static charge or something. That can brush your leg hairs and feel weird I guess (assuming you're a guy......... Or a woman with hairy legs)........ I'll shut up now lol. Do you have a pet at all?

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What you felt was the phallus of an incubus. You awoke and stopped him just in time.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I had the exact same thing happen to me just after I moved into a new place. It felt like a small animal was in the bed next to me moving up and down my left side. I could even feel the bed depressing as it walked. At first, I though my pet (a ferret) had gotten out of his cage and hopped into my bed, so I sat up and started reaching out for it, of course there was nothing there. I even got out of bed and checked that my pet was still in his cage, he was sound asleep in his hammock. When it was all said and done, I ended up being freaked out enough to sleep on the couch and even considered moving again. I even discussed it with the folks here in chat the next night.

On a slightly weirder note, I had kept my pet caged more then normal during this time since I was moving (he normally played in my bedroom) and it takes time to ferret-proof a new place; however, I found out about a month later that he had cancer to the point I had to have him put to sleep. This was really weird because it felt so much like he had gotten loose and was climbing around next to me, I even thought that maybe he was asterally projecting since he was wanting to get more out time then he was. I personally do not even believe in asteral projection, but it was exactly what it felt like...

It has never really happened again that way since, though I have felt things move somewhat in my bed, but never again like that. The times since then I have noticed that it seems to be leg spasms.

As I work in a sleep lab, I know better then trusting things that I perceive happening when I am sleeping. Your brain is in a funny state while sleeping and about 99% of the paranormal things that people think are happening are really just a form of sleep disorder, whether it be sleep paralysis, hypnagogic hallucinations, or muscle spasms. I know in the lab here we ask people if they ever have a creepy-crawly feeling in their legs (PLMs/RLS), but I have never experienced this before myself, so maybe tomorrow I will ask the doctor if that is what is meant by "creepy-crawly".

Anyway this is what I wrote it off as:

Sleep Disorders
RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME
Restless legs syndrome is a "creepy, crawly" feeling in the legs when they are still, especially at bedtime. Stretching or moving the legs temporarily relieves these feelings. The constant need to stretch or move the legs to rid of the uncomfortable sensations often prevents the person from falling asleep resulting in daytime sleepiness.
5 to 10% of people experience the pain of RLS at some point in their lives. RLS can occur at any age but is more common in the elderly. Approximately 30% of RLS cases have a hereditary case.

Symptoms:

• An urge to move the legs, often accompanied by uncomfortable sensations in the legs
  • Worsening of the discomfort when lying down or during other forms of inactivity
  • Experiencing the most discomfort at night and late in the day

PERIODIC LIMB MOVEMENT DISORDER
Periodic Limb Movement disorder (PLMD) refers to involuntary movements of the legs and arm during sleep. These movements cause arousals and sleep disturbances. PLMD are observed mostly in people over 50 years of age and are rare in people younger than 30. PLMD are more common in people who have kidney disease or narcolepsy. Individuals with PLMD may also experience Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS).

Symptoms:

• Repetitive movements, most typically in the lower limbs, that occur every 20-40 seconds
  • Brief muscle twitches, jerking movements or an upward flexing of the feet during sleep

[edit on 10/2/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Fiftyfifty, do you live in a home that was once owned by another person? I was also wondering if there were any shadows cast on your blanket. When you moved the blanket, the shadow on the folds in the blanket might have changed shape, making it look like something moved off the bed.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Your leg can have minor spasm attacks in bed. Happens to me sometimes, however I'm completly normal and not a phsyco

Anyway, is your bed near curtains? Your leg might of brushes up against that, which can feal VERY strange.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Sounds like it wasn't really a dream. I get sleep paralysis all the time and I use to have my dream become reality even when I was awake, but then I snap out of it and realize that I was dreaming. But in your case u didn't snap out of it, so it must be real because u can't be dreamin forever at a certain point u have to snap out of the day dream.

I suggust get a crucifix and put it on your wall and if it moves then u know u got some real paranormal or put holy water next to your bed.

If it's real then u need to do a exorcism in your house. You can get a catholic father or hire a shamen to do the exorcism.

However, it could be an alien, so forget what i said. Or maybe your could be just plane crazy.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Humm, why did you write in the name of the thread "something joined me in bed"?

The name seems to imply that you think whatever it was became part of you.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I know what you mean by the f f f f thing. iwas running trough a bush walk way and saw a snake abouta metre from me and i was so terrified all i said was ffffff f**k, nd ran. i odnt think i could say a bunch of f's like that again. u must have been sh*tting yourself in bed. Ever happened to you before?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Lol joined me= to me that it simply got into bed with him by joining him, not become part of him

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What did you do after going to the bathroom? This may help explain the entire thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

I was woken last night by something on my bed about 3feet in length/height and i felt its body against my leg. The instant i woke i started repeating the 'F' word, i was terrified and sort of edged upwards towards the head of my bed and within seconds it sort of slithered off the end or my bed and went underneath. I layed there for about a minute absolutely terrified and after seeing or hearing nothing else i jumped out of bed and put the light on. I dont know what it looked like, i just saw a shadow and it wasnt cold but not as warm as my body temperature at the time.

Here you say you do not know what it looked like, but you say it slithered. Then you say you saw a shadow, but prior to the light being switched on.

It definitely wasnt a snake because i would have found it under the bed afterwards. plus there generally arent snakes in the midlands of England, especially not in my area lol.

I forgot to mention that it wasnt snakelike, it was quite big about proportional to the size of a child.

There was nothing under my bed when i looked. except piles of junk which are always there

How do you know it wasn't a snake? You said it slithered and you had know idea what it looked like. Also, because there was nothing found under your bed means it wasn't a snake? Well you didn't find anything under your bed except junk. Junk that wasn't disturbed by the creature the size of a 3 foot child. Only one explanation exists. It was your imagination. Case solved.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
What you felt was the phallus of an incubus. You awoke and stopped him just in time.

I didn't even know what an Incubus was until I read your post. Then I looked it up
And now I'm freaked out! I've never had anything rubbing on my leg at night besides my husband
Incubus (demon)

Defcon....OMG....I would have had a stroke!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What did you do after going to the bathroom? This may help explain the entire thing.

After that, i went back to my room, double checked under my bed and lie in bed a bit wondering about what i saw before i went back to sleep.

How do you know it wasn't a snake? You said it slithered and you had know idea what it looked like. Also, because there was nothing found under your bed means it wasn't a snake?

I find that comment a bit ignorant. i KNOW it wasnt a snake because we dont get snakes in nottingham, especialy in the city. my bedroo has one door which was shut and one window out onto the roof. I also know that what i 'saw' wasnt the shape of a snake.

Well you didn't find anything under your bed except junk. Junk that wasn't disturbed by the creature the size of a 3 foot child. Only one explanation exists. It was your imagination. Case solved.

Again... ignorant, it appeared that size and 'slithered' as in moved horizontally to the end of my bed and straight over the edge underneath. maybe what i experienced wasnt a physical being. Im also skeptical to these things but to experience something like that and not think twice about it would be ignorant

The succubus theaory is freaky
i hope it wasnt one of those!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh by the way for those who were wondering, there is nothing by my bed that it could have been. my bed is against a wall and the window is behind me to my left and in an alcove. The duvet wasnt covering my leg so where i saw the thing there was nothing except the sheet i was lying on which is flat to the bed.

No cats were in the room at the time!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
hummmm,,ok,,,let's see,,it was a size of a child, and says f*ck a lot...sorry but i can't think in nothing logical...exept if you have a drunk dwarf in love for you living near your house. may be he his more agressive now due to his passion and start to make night visits, to touch you, and so on...just a idea.
for the theory of any animal....well, animals (for the exeption maybe of some birds), don't say F*ck a lot!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
He didn't say the creature said the F word, but himself when he jumped out of the covers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join