It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Mark Foley Resigns FL 16 - Sexual Predator?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Republican Mark Foley of Florida 16 which includes Palm Beach County.

Resigned Friday, September 29, 2006, at the close of business. He has been removed from the official website on Saturday, September 30, 2006. Hey, that is fast!
He is now a non-person on the House of Representatives official website.
We cannot see in what committees he served on
We cannot learn how long he served in Congress
We cannot learn how much his pension will be
We cannot learn how much his of campaign funds can be transferred to his personal account
We cannot learn whether he is under investigation for using his position to sexually abuse or exploit the young and "innocent" male house pages
We cannot learn anything about this man.
Hmm?

Thank You, Dennis Hastert!

[edit on 9/30/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Boy they didnt waste any time did they....

nothing to see here.. move along.

He was the chairman for the caucus for exploited and missing children... ironically enough.. he was one of the main proponents for the new tough child abuse laws.... lets hope he faces his own creation in the justice system.

Hastert and the rest of the gang better watch their arses on this.. since they did nothing and knew about it.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted by TONE23

Boy they didn’t waste any time did they? He was chairman caucus for exploited and missing children . . ironically . . he was main proponent for tough child abuse laws . . lets hope he faces his own creation in the justice system. Hastert and the rest of the gang better watch their arses on this . . since they did nothing and knew about it. [Edited by Don W]

Foley was in his 6th term, nearly 12 years. I'd assume he will get the max pension, around $120,000 a year plus nearly free health care insurance. Access to Walter Reed Hospital or Bethesda Naval Hospital. Other perks too, such as being allowed on the floor of the House when in session, good for “lobbying” and a parking space, free plane rides on MATS, eat in the private dining room, and more and etc.

I feel less sympathy for Foley than I do for Duke Cunningham. In Duke’s case, I'd have given him home incarceration and probation. He really did serve his country.

The one thing we never do when we catch a legislator with his hand in the till, we never go back to see what effect the bribes he took had on the outcome of legislation and so on. The benefactors to the betrayal of trust seem to go unnoticed. I do wish we could haul them before the bar of justice. It takes two to tango!

[edit on 9/30/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This topic is being discussed here.
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
and in ATSNN
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments to either of these threads.

Closed.

top topics

join