It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75 round AK drum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What about Bulgarian drums?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are two main 75 round drum manufacturers. They are the Chinese and Romanians. The chinese tend to be lower quality in my opinion.

If I remember correctly, to load the chinese drum, you remove the back cover and insert the ammunition, then replace the cover and wind the spring with the key.

As for the Romanian drums, they are top loaded like a regular magazine, except you have to 'ratchet' a loading lever on the front of the drum every time you insert a round. This process can wear out your thumb really quick. Anyways.

I have never used a chinese drum, but my romanian drum has works perfectly every time; no jams, no missfeeds, no problems other than a scorching hot barrel when I'm done.

As for the AK-47 and AKM, the 47 is the original production model with a milled reciever, and the AKM is the modified model with the stamped reciever. The AKM was the main assault rifle for the soviet union and satelite nations until it was replace with the AK-74, which was chambered for 5.45x 39 instead of 7.62x39. The 47s are still used in garrison and second line units, and some front line units.

Any questions?

[edit on 20-6-2007 by sockmonkey]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So are there any "good brands" for these drums. Or at least ones you should stay away from?

You're not a student at V-tech by any chance are you ?

That dude was buying up magazines for weeks before hand.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
ouch, talk about a bump

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have one, don't know the brand name, but i have run about 1500 rounds through it with no problems. Just keep it clean and lubed and you will be good to go. A great addition to any ak, it literally gives you the standoff ability that is unsurpassed except by some type of belt fed machine gun.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wont to see how tough a 75 round drum is check this out.

I think this shows how tough an AK is also, cool video.

59 seconds long 300 rounds...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
All the drum mags are pretty good. The CHICOM mags are fine, Russian mags best IMHO, Bulg mags like the CHICOM stuff. Wish Beta would make one. Clean the commie grease of them, soak in CLP in a bucket......let drain for 24 hours......do this once every year and they will be fine

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sockmonkey

The chinese drums are DIFFINATLY the higher quality drum, the romainian drums are garbage!!!
Its a roll of the dice if you get one that works(romainian) The chinese drums are made for a life time of use and you can repair them if needed. The romainian drums can break and then your stuck with a useless piece of metal.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Why ask here? there is tons of info on this stuff in google.

www.ak-47.us...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Why ask here? there is tons of info on this stuff in google.

Wow, we should add this reply to EVERY thread, brilliant !!!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Auto77

The "M" stands for modern, there have been some minor changes to the AK-47 since the original model, most AK-47s on the market today are AKMs

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Auto77
Hey, does anyone know what "bumpfire" means?

The term "bumpfire" is when you take your shooting hand thumb and put in in your belt loop with the finger in the trigger and with your non shooting hand "pull" the weapon away from you and youll be able to fire full auto. Keep in mind its not accurate at all and is designed as a "last ditch resort" when in a jam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join