It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush claims Critics 'embrace' terrorists propoganda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So Bushr is now claiming that anyone that disagrees with the War in Iraq has fallen victim to the terrorists propoganda. Wasnt this a National Intelligence Estimate report? So Where is the terrorists propoganda? This is a federal report. that these 'maligned critics' are using as a new working base for their arguement.

Bush: Critics buy into terrorists' propaganda
POSTED: 2:50 p.m. EDT, September 29, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush asserted Friday that critics who claim the Iraq war has made America less safe embrace "the enemy's propaganda." He acknowledged setbacks in Afghanistan against a Taliban resurgence but predicted eventual victory.

"You do not create terrorism by fighting terrorism," he told a receptive military audience. "If that ever becomes the mind-set of the policymakers in Washington, it means we'll go back to the old days of waiting to be attacked -- and then respond."

It was the latest in Bush's series of speeches defending his Iraq and anti-terrorism policies against heightened attacks from Democrats, who now are citing a government intelligence assessment to bolster their criticism. The classified National Intelligence Estimate, parts of which Bush declassified earlier this week, suggests the Iraq war has helped recruit more terrorists.

Rest of story here: cnn.com

Our presidents ignorance/ deception(cant figure out which for sure yet) has got to know no limits. He claims that:

"Some have selectively quoted from this document to make the case that by fighting the terrorists -- by fighting them in Iraq -- we are making our people less secure here at home," Bush told the Reserve Officers Association. "This argument buys into the enemy's propaganda that the terrorists attack us because we're provoking them."

So now the majority of Americans believe that the war in Iraq is wrong and he wants to label us all as succumbing to the terroists propoganda? Funny, but every chance he gets it seems like he tries to liken everyone and everything that doesnt agree with him; somehow to terrorism.

Of course this is all part of his 'trash democrats' tour in an attempt to stop the losses predicted in the beltway this Nov. I am not much for the dems myself; but they are definately the lesser of two evils(just not enough for me to vote for them). They need to remove their lips from the corporate teet before I can ever consider endorsing them.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
And only a complete moron would embrace Bush's propaganda.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I could not agree more with the president. Just as "anti-war" activists during the Vietnam war took their tactics and rhetoric right out of the marxist handbook, today's "anti-war" activist are parroting the same old anti-american rhetoric with a new set of nouns.

Here ya go! Read it for yourselves:

Aljazeera reports that Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda's number two, in a new video message has called US President George Bush a liar who had failed in his war against al-Qaeda.

In a portion of the same video, posted on the internet on Friday and released by the Virginia-based IntelCenter, al-Zawahiri addresses Bush: "Why don't you tell them how many million citizens of America and its allies you intend to kill in search of the imaginary victory and in breathless pursuit of the mirage towards which you are driving your people's sons in order to increase your profits?"

On Thursday, Islamist websites had said there would be a new video message posted by al-Zawahiri entitled Bush, the pope, Darfur and the Crusades.

In Friday's video, al-Zawahiri called Bush a "lying failure" for saying progress had been made in the war on terrorism.

english.aljazeera.net

Sound familiar?

A slightly different perspective.

Sometimes some of us on the right can be unfair, accusing our friends on the left, particularly the leaders of the Democratic Party, of sounding just like America's enemies.

But this is NOT one of those times.

Al-Qaida No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri condemned President Bush in a video statement released Friday, calling him a failure and a liar. "Why don't you tell them how many million citizens of America and its allies you intend to kill in search of the imaginary victory and in breathless pursuit of the mirage towards which you are driving your people's sons in order increase your profits?" al-Zawahri said in a portion of the video released by the Virginia-based IntelCenter.

www.breitbart.com

The good news is, Nancy Pelosi, Howard Dean, Ned Lamont and the lefty blogs have united to sue al-Zawahiri for theft of copyrighted intellectual property.

Semi-seriously, how many commenters on how many blogs will now write, "Look, Zawahiri has a point, and he's right that we need to get out of Iraq"?

tks.nationalreview.com

[edit on 2006/10/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I had to rewrite this about 5 times to hold my tongue from ripping you a new one.

Our leaders policy decisions are contrary to what the Majority of Americans want... so who is un American... the majority of Americans... or the lying leadership that is getting our countrymen killed for lies?

I think you should probably tone down your divisive rhetoric about protestors being un American or terrorists sympathizers... cause its utter BS and it is beyond Ignorant. I love my country ... but supporting the leadership(that I didnt vote for) of this country is not a prerequisite for loving my country... and you and the neo conservatives that YOU PARROT have no place trying to say otherwise.. I dont care how long you served it doesnt give you the authority on what is and what is not patriotism.

Makes me sick.....

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
all those little quotes above are showing is that the terrorists are "embracing" some of the propaganda coming out of america....hey, I know, let's just get rid of ALL the propaganda, and deal with just the plain ole facts in life for awhile. should be a refreshing new beginning!!!
by the way, I got a feeling that not many americans are listening in the least to what the terrorists are saying....they don't need to hear the terrorist's propaganda to be critical of our current government, all they have to do is sit back and watch the current show play out here in the US.

by the way.....after the resignation of Foley, I guess congress decided that they had enough of the show. they packed up and went home early, figured they needed more time to beg you to please, please, pretty pretty please....vote for them....

I don't care if they're democrats or republicans, they're a sick batch of poliwogs that need to be taken out of the pond and replaced with a more intelligent stock. and out of the limelight so the rest of the world will stop finding us so amusing!

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
How about this?

Terrorists are quick to pick up on the Democrats propaganda.

From Saddam, UBL, Al-Queda, Iran's President, Hugo Chavaz, and even the French, they all are constantly spewing Democrat rhetoric.

I know what side I'm on, how about you?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
thank you dawn star...

Its not as if I look to the terrorists for why I disagree with our policy decisions... nor can I help if they are saying what we believe.

It certainly doesnt mean that I support the terrorists(though our leadership tries to implicate otherwise)

The terrorists and our leadsership can all go to hell... in the same handbasket for all I care.. I have no allegiance with either of them... I have allegiance to our Constitution; and our Bill of Rights. I do not swear allegiance to either political party.

And neither our leadership nor the terrorists seem to give a damn about our Constitution or Bill of Rights. So why should I give a damn about them? Why should I pledge my allegiance to those that have fought against the Constitution since day one?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
How about this?

Terrorists are quick to pick up on the Democrats propaganda.

From Saddam, UBL, Al-Queda, Iran's President, Hugo Chavaz, and even the French, they all are constantly spewing Democrat rhetoric.

I know what side I'm on, how about you?

I'm on the same goddanged side as my ancestors were...who fought in every goddanged war that the US has ever launched, including the revolution!!
maybe some should go back and read George Washington's farewell address, or the other documents find out what freedom is, liberty, what their goal was...what we should be protecting...it definately wasn't the right for some Iraqi to be LESS tortured!

by the way....maybe some things are just so blatantly obvious that a caveman across the world can spot it, but well the caveman has eyes, and can see, we seem to have alot of blind people here!!
or maybe it's that these terrorists know, that if Bush really wanted to take care of things....things would certainly be different and they'd be DEAD!!!

[edit on 1-10-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Anyone who is dumb enough to believe that opposing the Bush admin makes you terrorist synthesizer deserves anything that the US government has coming to them.
Bush couldnt be futher away from reality if he tried there are more terrorists in Iraq then there was before the invasion.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
ya know, there's a new refugee I know of that just arrived in the states. not sure where he's from, but he's from africa. he's been here six months, and he is a young muslim.....maybe he's a terrorist, good chance that he isn't, peer into your crystal ball, flip a coin whatever...
but, well, there's many countries that are less hated in the world that could have taken this young man. and he seems to fit the profile of the possible terrorist...young, and muslim...so, why on earth is he here? he seems to speak english rather well and be well educated, so I doubt if he's from the poor and the hungry of africa, more like the more well to dos...and from what I've read of africa, it seems like it's not the muslims being kidnapped, or killed but rather the ones kidnapping and killing....so, anyone explain how this kid might be here as a refugee while there's millions in africa who don't fit the profile of a possible terrorist who would love to get out also, but hey, they aren't here....

do we really have an obligation, even morally, that prevents us from saying, nope, sorry, no muslims accepted, not until things chill out and the number of them wanting to fly our planes into our buildings or blow us up is reduced?

am I being racist here, I don't think so. I think we are endangering him by allowing him into this country. we have probably half of the country thinking it's okay to haul these possible terrorists away to god knows where, based on evidence we'll never see, but in at least a few cases it has been merely hearsay from another person....and oh, ya, torture them a little, make them squeal like pigs!! we want to know everything they know....even if it's stories they've made up to make us happy....
it probably would only take another good hit, and they'd be screaming to haul them all off....this young man included....

this administration isn't doing all they can to prevent another attack..

[edit on 4-10-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dawnstar,

You ask if you are being racist, I think you know the answer to that. However, let me help you with it.

Lets take a few of your statements;

1) "he seems to fit the profile of the possible terrorist...young, and muslim" - how young is young enought to fit the profile of being a terrorist? If he was over 30 would he no longer fit the profile? Over 40? At what point is he no longer young and therefore out of the profile?

2) "no muslims accepted" - this statement here is a flashing beacon as to the answer you seek to the question you asked.

3) " torture them a little, make them squeal like pigs!! we want to know everything they know....even if it's stories they've made up to make us happy" - Strike 3 for a "Yes" answer to your question.

Cheers

S396

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
lol!!! I'm not the one saying to torture them....look around the boards and see jusr how often I've spoken out against it...but there does seem to be an awful number of people trying to justify it now, doesn't there?? yes, young is below 30.....
muslim yes,.....sorry, I don't hear any other religious group shouting to destroy the americans, have you?

you didn't answer my question, considering the fact that we have so many of the muslim faith shouting for our demise....heck cutting off some of our heads....while half of this population...at least it seems to be that many....trying to justify their torture on what amounts to very little evidence.....what just how is it we any moral, or legal obligations to allow any more muslims into the country....
notice I am not saying squat about the ones already here, they're here, and well, unless there IS EVIDENCE that they are posing a danger, they should be left alone to live their lives.....but why allow more into the country??? half of them want to kill us and half of us want to torture them...seems like a recipe for eventually problems if you want my opinion..
by the way, the young man seems like a nice kid...there's nothing personally about him that I find offensive, except well, having him be hauled off without any evidence whatsoever to have whatever treatment Lord Bush desired would be quite offensive to me....especially when the same boy could have went to many other countries and live without that kind of danger.

so, are we being morally right by allowing him and others like him into the country, or morally negligent...considering the present atmosphere?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Dawn,

If you bother to read my post you will see I was addressing a specific question you asked on yours.

If you simply want to post your xenophobia online may I suggest you get yourself a blog. That way you do not clog up this esteemed site.

Cheers

S396

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
whatever you say....

but....I think you are wrong...

if we were fighting a nation, would we be letting their citizens freely enter our country? did we during ww2?? heck we talk about how we penned up the japanese citizens that we legal citizens of this country, as well as some germans and italians....we also penned up the jews that sought refuge from the nazis!!

for some reason, this time around, osama could waltz into our country without anyone batting an eye....

but, well, I keep my peace now....until the time comes that the right starts justifying the rounding up of people like this young man, and then I'll come back and remind you, this is why I really didn't want them being allowed to come into the country to begin with...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So what are you fighting now?

And before you say it, it is not Islam or Muslims.

That is simply the propaganda of the Bush Administration.

Cheers

S396

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
don't really know for sure, just know that if there's a threat posed to us that is great enough that we have to caste our constitution, laws, treaties, ect out the window....well, we darn better throw our hospitality out the window first!!!

they ain't doing that are they??? nope!!!

so, either it's all a scam, or they are insane nuts!!!
take you pick...but well, before they expect me to give up my rights....those borders had better be closed to those they are claiming to be an enemy!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Terrorism succeeds when it forces good U.S. Citizens to relinquish their Consititutional Rights to Freedom willingly.

Many are of the opinion that the real terrorists are in power in our own country.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
lol, I told he would.

People prepare to get scared.

He is now following what George Orwell and Audlous Huxley wrote, now that is very scary.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm not so sure he's saying this to people who disagree with Iraq, or those who think that terrorists have increased abilities to attack the Untied States as a result of Iraq.

Think about it, every month we get a new Al Qaeda propaganda tape saying something along the lines of "Your occupation of the holy lands will not be tolerated" which gives people the idea that Iraq is going to result in a terrorist attack.

No one was in Iraq on 9/11 were they? Al Qaeda would attack the US regardless of the activity in Iraq. I agree that it has given them further incentive to attack the US but not necessarily increased their ability to do so.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
No one was in Iraq on 9/11 were they? Al Qaeda would attack the US regardless of the activity in Iraq. I agree that it has given them further incentive to attack the US but not necessarily increased their ability to do so.

No, not officially, but neither was Al Qaeda....or WMD's..or whatever reason is given this week...

The Holy Land they speak of is Saudi. Iraq may have holy sites, but is Saudi that is their "Holy Land". Add that to the West's support of Israel and countless other injustices over the years and you can sort of see their point.

Now, I'm not condoning the actions they take, but if you take you blinkers off and stop waving the flag shouting "Hooo-rah" for 5 minutes, then you can see why they are pissed off.

I know I would be if my country was occupied on and off over the centuries, dictators propped up by foreigners that persecuted my people and just down right stealing land showing favouritism to another religion.

The ability to see something from anothers point of view is a valuable one. It doesn't mean you have to agree with them, but it goes a long way to stopping any sort of confrontation. The radical Muslims could do with some empathy skills of their own, granted, but I still think they do have some valid points to bring to the table which we in the West choose to ignore.

Unless you address the underlying causes of terrorism, no amount of invasions, bombs or tanks will change anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join