It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Stimulation Triggers Paranoia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I apologize if this has been posted before. I thought it was quite interesting and wanted to share it with people here on ATS . Maybe see some thoughts and opinions.

Here's the link : www.foxnews.com.../humanbody

Kind of weird if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Can you post your opinion and tell us whats up without having to click a link to another site?
I click on links to other sites once I see its worth my time.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Lol, so is this the new way they are trying to discredit conspiracy theorists and UFO believers?

"They must've had a brainprobe recently ..."

Its well known that hallucinations can occur because of brain surgery and these kinds of probings, but then jumping to its a good explination to say why people believe in aliens, the supernatural and talk about conspiracy theory's is typical FAUXNews bullocks.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Yes of course. Basically it is an artical about a group of doctors that stimulated part of woman's brain , the temporoparietal junction to be exact , when they were attempting to reach a conclusion about where the woman's seizures were originating from and by stimulating this part of the brain it caused the woman to have the hallucination of a shadowy figure in the room that in actuality wasn't present. I think this could be a cause of what is considered paranormal activity but i wouldn't account it for much . If i had to guess i'd say maybe not even 10 percent of cases. There are way too many factors to narrow paranormal activity down to a simple malfunction in the brain. Especially when there is more than one person involved.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the summary...I actually went back to scan the article.

I think they need to put the electrodes into their own brains next time...see how they feel.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i as well can understand. i feel so people nearby, helping me. They try to ward me off, to a safe place. But i can't speak to them yet. Unless you count the ones in my mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Dr. Micheal Persinger has been doing studies on this for years.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
the only way brain stimulation can trigger paranoia is if the stimulated believes to be paranoid.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I dont think I'm paranoid, I just think they are all out to get me!

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Maybe they mistake paranoia for something the patient sees due to the brain stimulation. Its easy to put a lable on something they don't fully understand, and its also bad science. Now if you can repeat this experiment with a larger sample group and they all report seeing things the control group does not, well then you might have something interesting.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Obviously there are drugs to induce hallucinations, but getting them while under brain surgery would be freaky (obviously your awake when operating on the brain)
You might want to get up and run.
But thats really interesting though it would explain why someone who has a brain tumor can hear voices or see things.
But even more interesting if you know were to prod or poke the brain to bring the hallucinations up (as a brain surgen) you could really mess with people!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Pretty sure all news and T.V stations(or a lotof them)subconciously program your mind to induce paranoia and fear whenever there is any sort of brain stimulation, its all about control.

new topics

top topics

join