It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman. I am using this site for the first time. I am a rookie at your chat line, but no stranger to theory or searching for truth. When I read many of your posts they are full of theory and guessing. Guessing is imperitive when problem solving. Although focusing too hard on the conclusion of a guess, even putting energy into convincing someone to belive your guess, only takes away valuable brain power from your first goal, understanding. I see the world in black and white. Black and White stand for facts. What we know for sure. Grey is the color of guessing. I belive that too much time spent focussing on the grey, muddies the water. It make it impossible to see the bottom. Theory and guess need to be entertained, but focusing on those conclusions will keep you from finding the truths.

Those of you still reading this I would like for you to put these theories on the back burner, turn down the heat, and let them simmer. There are no doubt clues in your research. We have studied the ancients for many, many years using the type of grey I speak of. I believe I may have stumbled onto some very valuable information. I ask you to read, and try and comprehend what I say. It is different than you are used to. It is not from the box, where you are gazing. It is indeed from out of the box. This ones easy. A riddle that answers many questions. One must open their mind to see it, for it is so easy, it just doesn't seem possible. Let me take a wack at this, the other theories haven't taken us very far, have they?

I will not try and convince you of my theory. I will simply ask you the same riddle I asked myself, give you a hint or two, and let everyone else find this as I have done. You should know that I also study many other aspects of mankind both old and new. Open minded to all beliefs, customs, rituals, and religions. I simply look for the patterns, put them together, and look for the sense.

The addage says, "The writing is on the wall". The ancient ones used symbols in their alphabet, and I believe, left the rest of the message in their art. In my opinion, art is more descriptive than any written or spoken language.

This riddle actually started with me in a different era, culture, and continent.

Why does the ancient religion in India worship the cow? I found that this is because the cow is the only animal that can sustain life for a human, without giving it's own in return. That is a big thing, a great miricle to those who discovered it. It changed their whole lives. That in it's-self must have been huge in the start of civilization as we know it today.

Now, having that fresh on your brain, humans will always be humans, you have the ability to think like the ancients. They were just humans to. The answer to
my riddle, might tie many loose ends and offers direction for other answers. I feel it is a direction to understanding what the original intent of the pyrimids globally were used for. It would explain why they were farther advanced than us. It would explain the high concentration of knowlege. It would explain question I've never heard. I have a few more riddles, I will ask in time. I'm sure that some of you will have some as well. I welcome this.

Riddle: What is the significance of the cat?

Hint: I don't think that this answer is unknown, just unheard. I feel these clues and anwers are scattered right under our nose. Most will not put their beliefs aside and truley listen to others. Do you really think that the ancients and all thier ways just disapeared? Unlikely. Until recently we haven't been able to talk to one another like this. We have been living in a world where language and geography have been barriers. Listen to Bob Marley, the Rastifarian way of life gives some valuable clues. Listen to the Mormans, they have some valuable information, as do the Catholics, Jews, Hindus, Africans, Buddist, Animals and all of our brothers.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
the significance of the cat? what cat? the domestic house cat or lions and tigers?

there are lots of different cat you know. all shapes and sizes. are you bunching them all together and saying that their importance is all the same?

I'm not a fan of cats myself. Although they tend to be independant pets, i find them highly sexual. always showing me their arse and raising their tails.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I found that this is because the cow is the only animal that can sustain life for a human, without giving it's own in return

specifically its because it can pull a plough and fertilise the ground at the same time

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I agree with your additional comments concerning cows. We know the answer to why a cow is significant because we can simply ask the Hindus for their explanation. The cat has an obvious significance in Egyptian life, or it would have not been pictured in temples. This is what I ask. Note the grey on this thread already. Niether person responding even addresses the riddle. I challange you who respond to this thread to keep it black and white, please stick to the subject.

What is the significance of the cat in ancient Egyptian life?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion slacker
Why does the ancient religion in India worship the cow? I found that this is because the cow is the only animal that can sustain life for a human, without giving it's own in return.

I don't know about that. I think the chicken can also sustain man without giving its own life. Chicken eggs are one of the most nutrious foods around. Just my thought...

Vas

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

What is the significance of the cat in ancient Egyptian life?

well....unless you have a pre planned answer you'd like to share with us an actual answer will take some time and more than I'm prepared to give.

You see, your question is vague and in fact different that your original question. your original question was even MORE vague. Incredible!

The answer to my riddle, might tie many loose ends and offers direction for other answers. I feel it is a direction to understanding what the original intent of the pyrimids globally were used for. It would explain why they were farther advanced than us. It would explain the high concentration of knowlege.

as for your mindblowing answer I do not have it. It seems to me, using my holmesian powers of deduction, that you have an answer in your head already. You have probably read it from some book that claims the ancient egyptians were more advanced than us now.

well if they were so advanced then where are they now eh? exactly. and if they were so advanced then why did they build giant pyramids instead of indestructable spaceships? because really, in my opinion only i guess, pyramids are a bit boring. when i was a child i could build pyramids with little toy blocks. okay so they used bigger blocks, but it's the same basic shape. oh right and they built these pyramids in alignment with some silly stars. big deal?

anyway i'm going off on tangents, sorry. Cats, according to the only article I could be bothered to read, were gods to the ancients egyptians. many gods...blah blah...cat cults...revered pets...the bottom line is the egyptians used to like the cat. india likes the cow and old egypt likes the cat

according to tom and jerry, cats chase and kill mice. and probably rats for that matter. so therefore they could probably have been revered by the eqyptians for killing the mice and rats. is this what you were looking for? is this the mega-mindblowing-ancients-eyptians-were-better-than-us-proving answer you were looking for? i doubt it was because it isn't that amazing. why didn't they worships spiders for killing the flies and insects and stuff?

perhaps it was just because the cat is pretty looking aswell. yeah that makes sense. thats why they made statues and monuments and depicted cats all the time. probably because they were pretty. so, there you have it. your all-special-more-advanced-than-us egyptians were just shallow.

anyway, this is just my ramblings on the subject. here's a wikipedia article that might interest you more than my ramblings:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Why does the ancient religion in India worship the cow? I found that this is because the cow is the only animal that can sustain life for a human, without giving it's own in return. That is a big thing, a great miricle to those who discovered it. It changed their whole lives. That in it's-self must have been huge in the start of civilization as we know it today.

And how did you found that, did you asked them?

Cows are not the only animal capable of sustain life for a human, and even if they were, why only in India? And why only for that particular religion?

And are you saying that civilizations, as we know it today, started in India?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
okay so you ask why cats were sacred in ancient egypt
its a fairly obvious answer
has a lot to do with the fact that in a country where food supplies especially grain are essential something that keeps down the rodent population while at the same time feeding itself and needing no other maintenance was considered valuable....

cats were worshipped (c 3000bce) in egypt before they were actually domesticated (c 2500bce) in the form of Bast the cat headed god of pleasure, music, dancing and joy

now if thats not the answer you've got ZS then you got the wrong answer

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
also of note, might be that cats tend to tidy up after they excrecate feces. and seeing as egypt is one gigantic sandbox, perhaps cats were instrumental at that time in educating the egyptians regarding toilet hygiene.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
There used to be two major types of economies, one based on horses and the other based on cows. Horses can basically do everything that cows can do, even provide milk, plus they can be ridden efficiently. However, and this is a big deal, cows can thrive on a greater variety of grasses and plants as opposed to horses.
Therefore the cow reigns as the best economy animal. Where grasses become more lean and sparse, then the goat is the way to go.

Cats are great mousers and don't necessarily need the aid of men to survive as opposed to a dog which was bred to aid men. Plus cats are proud independent creatures who behave as if they are royalty.

Plus that cat vision is a real sweet deal, which may also be the reason people think they see things from the afterlife.

So, what are the riddles of the "fast" and shoes at the door?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The significance of a cat!!!
Cats sit around being all lazy until they have to eat, then they go and HUNT for themselves and feed themselves and entertain themselve with balls of twine, cats probably do alot of stuff for themselves, Unlike the ancient Egyptians who got aload of slaves to build stuff for them.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Cows are not the only animal capable of sustain life for a human

that's a good point. Bee's work hard all day long just to produce honey for us. okay, perhaps they don't just produce it for us but it sure is a form of sustainance.
and they pollinate.

top topics

join