It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange passages at the end of spam emails, please help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
this is weird. most of the spam i get in my gmail has snippits of text at the end, and its really weird. i think some of it is from stephen king, some from asimov.

anyway, its freaking me out. any ideas?

examples:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God defend me from my friends; from my enemies I can defend myself Strike while the.. bug is close. Books and friends should be few and good Practice makes perfect. He who hesitates is lost

She killed Pomeroy with that same axe. She looked vaguely at the calendar, where the smiling boy rode his sled through an endless February.
Then the rain came and things changed.

"she cried, her voice cracking. He must have been the one with whom she had gone to the movies and seen the chapter-plays.
She carried it across the room.

Cute name for a cat, Paul thought. - done in what Paul thought was an eerily apt hand for his heroine, not a round and flowing ladiesscript but a half-feminine copperplate), Miserys Couch, Miserys Sampler (Let Love Instruct You; Do Not Presume to Instruct Love), etc.
Could he have made such a mistake?

Everything that you have done has been wrong. Attempting to deceive
to those-meaning me-who have the intelligence to seize the
Let me do it, Steengo said, standing and stretching. Ill talk to

""I dont, Annie, really. It turned over, needling him from where it lay imprisoned in its cave of bones, and then fell lightly asleep again.
After all, he had to eat.

I like little ceramic figurines. And now, Paulie, youre going to be a good little Do-Bee and follow the scenario.
No, because she did not go work.

And I want to finish it for you. That was the only way he could account for this bizarre behavior - she had seen the marks after all, and this was the beginning of some new and spectacular punishment.
He was one of the church sextons.

I wont make you mad anymore. He had been raised in suburban Boston and had lived most of his life in New York City, but he thought he knew what those pained cow-bellows meant.
Her fingers touched his hair.

I like little ceramic figurines. But when he came out he had looked almost cheerful, and there was nothing faulty about this recollection, Geoffrey felt sure - that expression was too out of place in that room of grief and tears, a room where Mrs.
I understand all your questions.

"Just what you asked for, isnt it? You got a hose, but the car you pick for the free donation has got a locking gas-cap.
"Before she gets back,Paul moaned.

And had Annie hollered hi-de-ho today? Now he heard the eager squeal of the pig - she had thought he would mind, but he thought Misery was a wonderful name for a pig.
"every time she brought it down again.

""How many times, God damn it? There were lots of sardines in those flat rectangular cans with the key under the paper.
She dumped it over the flames.

his mind screamed at him. It was while he ate the soup that she told him what had happened, and he remembered it all as she told him and he supposed it was good to know how you happened to end up with your legs shattered, but the manner by which he was coming to this knowledge was disquieting - it was as if he was a character in a story or a play, a character whose history is not recounted like history but created like fiction.
"A pick as well, I think.

She had left him some capsules. She performed these chores with the practiced, heavy hand of the long-time sugar junkie.
"I suppose you think of escape.

That disappointed Officer Kushner. He could see that the courtroom was crowded with spectators, that the judge, vas bald and wearing glasses.
"Only a minute more and its over.

""Of course thats what I meant. "She stared at him, that furious black gaze, and must have seen the truth in his face, because after a moment she slung him contemptuously back in the chair.
Soon even her ears were glowing.

Shortly before eleven P. He looke

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Looks to me like a new way to get around the spam filters on most email services. The older way was to include a bunch of random words that made no sense if read.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think that defcon5 is probably right but it sure reads like it could be some coded message by some group that needs to hide. Some times if you hide in the open you are better off than behind a rock. Plus I think it is very hard to track these mass messages.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
I think that defcon5 is probably right but it sure reads like it could be some coded message by some group that needs to hide. Some times if you hide in the open you are better off than behind a rock. Plus I think it is very hard to track these mass messages.

i was thinking it might be coded, but i know that the term "do-bee" is from a stephen king novel.

whatever it is, its weird.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Some of the text is from Misery, I know that much. But what's the other stuff?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I remember, back just before 9/11, seeing the random words defcon5 refers to. They kind of freaked me out, because the more I looked at them, the less random they seemed. I started to think the same thing as factfinder38, that there were messages somehow embedded in the words, and selected spam recipients had the key to the code and were receiving messages from the spam. After 9/11, I wonderered if the random words had been involved in the plotters communications.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
definately designed to get arond spam. But maybe a little psy-ops as well?

I have seen more and more of these types of emails which have very shocking text in them which is randomly generated by software. The software will string phrases together but they end up looking really freaky. Most of it comes from China and non-english places. Thank god I ain't paranoid!

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
go to a shrink.

no kidding.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Embedded in the harmless looking text is a clever virus. By opening the spam you have introduced the virus to your computer and every other computer on the same network. These viruses are apparently invisible to the most common anti-virus detectors. Or perhaps the major anti-virus software developers are all part of the plan. Who really knows anymore in the wilderness of mirrors we call the internet?

Which government agency or global NWO group is planting these viruses while masquerading as ordinary spam? What sinister use are these viruses designed? Is this a way to monitor all the web sites that people view? Or to actually control which web site you visit, giving the NWO and government control over what you see and read, and ultimately what you think?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
Embedded in the harmless looking text is a clever virus. By opening the spam you have introduced the virus to your computer and every other computer on the same network. These viruses are apparently invisible to the most common anti-virus detectors. Or perhaps the major anti-virus software developers are all part of the plan. Who really knows anymore in the wilderness of mirrors we call the internet?

Which government agency or global NWO group is planting these viruses while masquerading as ordinary spam? What sinister use are these viruses designed? Is this a way to monitor all the web sites that people view? Or to actually control which web site you visit, giving the NWO and government control over what you see and read, and ultimately what you think?

He's kidding. I think. Because if he's not, he obviously doesn't know how a computer works at all... But I'm going with the joke.

It's just, as everyone else said, randomly generated text. It makes the spam filters think that there's a real message inside the email. I got a little confused the first time I got spam like that, too, but it's very common. Don't sweat it.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not logged into my gmail account for over a week. Last time i was there you had the ability to view the message headers only for messages in your inbox. There was no way to view the headers from any mail picked up by the spam filter. Today google does not allow you to view any headers at all.

Hotmail allows you to view the full headers (View E-mail Message Source) of all mail wether it be spam or messages in your inbox.

I get some very interesting messages in my headers.

From my spam folder.

Sender.....Sandy
Subject ....Contact me ASAP

I open the message and all it contains is this "Hello, I am 25 Female, i got your contact email from a website that you posted on. would you like to chat"

Now if i check the message source i get this.

X-Message-Status: n:0
X-SID-PRA: [email protected]
X-Message-Info: txF49lGdW40aNY/nv2eLxPty1I2UmAWLi1GAST8SlrE=
Received: from superfredbear.info ([83.33.204.207]) by bay0-mc4-f22.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2444);
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:23:15 -0800
Received: from server.oldamericancentury.org ([205.234.222.38]) by bay0-mc11-f7.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2444);
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:23:52 -0500
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=server.oldamericancentury.org)
by server.oldamericancentury.org with esmtp (Exim 4.63)
(envelope-from )
id 1HGIza-0005kd-JM; Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:49:26 -0500
Subject: Contact Me ASAP
To: [email protected]
Reply-To: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:27:41 -0500
Message-ID:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-BeenThere: [email protected]
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.9.cp2
Precedence: list
List-Id: POAC political newsletter

List-Unsubscribe: ,

List-Archive:
List-Post:
List-Help:
List-Subscribe: ,

Sender: [email protected]
Errors-To: [email protected]
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - server.oldamericancentury.org
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - hotmail.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - oldamericancentury.org
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 000712-6, 11/02/2007), Outbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 11 Feb 2007 20:23:17.0606 (UTC) FILETIME=[7701A060:01C74E1A]

Send Poacnewsletter mailing list submissions to
[email protected]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
oldamericancentury.org...

or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
[email protected]

You can reach the person managing the list at
[email protected]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Poacnewsletter digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. 2-10-07 daily newsletter program related activity
(POAC political newsletter)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:39:01 -0600

Subject: [POAC newsletter] 2-10-07 daily newsletter program related
activity
To:
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) crashes Nancy Pelosi's jet into the Republic
party 2-10
www.youtube.com...

Obama declares his clean articulate candidacy 2-10
www.abcnews.go.com...

Tim Russert mows over defense in CIA leak trial. 2-10
/2utltp

Saudi king loses power to choose his successor. Prince Turki, the former
Saudi spy-chief and noted Bin Laden acquaintance, now might become king 2-10
/3ckebc

Cheney Authorized Leak Campaign 2-10
/2mu4th

CIA Analysts: Over 50% Of Bush's Iraq War Justifications Untrue 2-10
/2lc2s7

Guess which beacon of freedom and democracy didn't sign a new international
treaty banning government sponsored kidnap 2-10
/2r4llt

"I failed to disobey a meritless order, I failed to protect a prisoner in my
custody, and I failed to uphold the standards of human decency.": First-hand
account of an interrogator in Iraq 2-10
/yvl865

Karl Rove, explaining Bush's "guest worker" program: "I don't want my
17-year-old son to have to pick tomatoes or make beds in Las Vegas." 2-10
www.dailykos.com...

Operation Turns Up Little As US, Iraqi Commanders Clash 2-10
/2ulf3y

New U.S. commander in Iraq: Situation 'not hopeless' 2-10
/2vg8rk

Eight more dead in Iraq friendly fire incident. 2-10
/2v5pqf

O'Reilly uninvited: Florida branch of Natl Center for Missing & Exploited
Children has changed speakers for their fundraiser event 2-10
/2lkec3

American Indian leaders, citing a desire to preserve their native languages,
urged state lawmakers Thursday to defeat "English only" legislation that
would declare English Oklahoma's official language. 2-10
www.foxnews.com...

Hmmm?$10K From Exxon/Mobil or $25M From Branson? 2-10
/2ns4vg

E.U. Considers Broad New Penalties in Pollution Disasters 2-10
/38cnyp

World Net Daily never fails to disappoint, uses troubled astronaut's example
to demonstrate that women shouldn't be in high-stress jobs or permitted to
work around men 2-10
/3c6hfj

Hundreds Clash At Jerusalem's Temple Mount 2-10
/3a6tj5

The POAC's ability to keep doing this newsletter, the website, and our
activism rests with people like you.
Your financial support helps keep us running, growing, and making a
difference.
To help support the POAC, please go to our donation page:
www.oldamericancentury.org...

or buy something from our store:

You can now subscribe as a POAC sponsor and receive a POAC gift package:

Or subscribe to the POAC monthly snail mail newsletter:

T.J. Templeton, admin. Project for the OLD American Century
?
To subscribe/unsubscribe from Poacnewsletter, get a password reminder, or
change your subscription options:
/l19a
(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to
those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
information for research
and educational purposes.)

------------------------------

End of Poacnewsletter Digest, Vol 876, Issue 1
Hello, I am 25 Female, i got your contact email from a website that you posted on. would you like to chat

new topics

top topics

join