It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda calls Bush 'Failure'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ayman al-Zawahiri, Al-Qaeda's number two, has called President George Bush a "liar and a failure" with concern to the war on terror. He also made references to Pope Benedicts recent speech.

www.cnn.com
Ayman al-Zawahiri also blasts the Bush administration for holding Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, an alleged 9/11 conspirator, in a secret prison and alleging that Mohammed gave interrogators "valuable information which has helped the crusaders to kill and arrest a number of al Qaeda."

"I ask this lying failure, who are the leaders of al Qaeda whose killing or capture was facilitated by the information extracted from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed?" al-Zawahiri asks. "Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, may Allah free him, has hurt you thousands of times more than you have hurt him."

Al-Zawahiri goes on to say that the U.S. military casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq indicate that the mujahedeen is still strong, "attacking, seeking martyrdom, advancing and injuring you on a daily basis with Allah's help."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Realistically, I'd have to agree with this terrorist. Where has Bush gotten the 'free world' to in this so called fight against terror?
What, hundreds dead, with the terrorists only gaining more and more people ready to commit suicide for some stupid cause?

If they really wanted to kill Bin laden, they could have done it years ago. And yet, here they are crossing their fingers as soon as some dodgy report comes in from France.

This is indeed a sad state of affairs that man has got us into. Give up and admit the truth, President Bush.

Related News Links:
www.skynews.com.au
news.sky.com
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 30-9-2006 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 30-9-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm actually glad...

I would feel kind of bad if a terror organization came out and touted President Bush as a success.

That would be a little silly on their part.

Semper

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i'm trying to figure this out, the al-Qaeda upper echelon spoke these remarks about Bush & the War-on-terror as being failures...

and just hours later, the al-Qaeda in Iraq leader (Masri) talks about the deaths
of 4,000 fighters in the Iraq theater, fighting since the 2003 US invasion
www.asharqalawsat.com...

if AQ & AQ-in-Iraq, are on the same page, then they must be doing some mental
jugglings, because mathematically & economically the US is suffering heavily.
i think it's near 2,700 coalition fatalities, and appox 1 trillion $$ in high tech weaponry
compared to 4,000 insurgent fatalities, more replacements every day, with very little expense or cost to their 'treasury' or economy; IEDs & RPG attacks on Mosques have very little capital outlay.

i don't know...maybe i'm on the wrong line of thought

df1

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Al-Zawahiri invokes the name of Allah.

Al-Zawahiri goes on to say that the U.S. military casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq indicate that the mujahedeen is still strong, "attacking, seeking martyrdom, advancing and injuring you on a daily basis with Allah's help."

Bush invokes the name of God in the same manner as the muslim zealots. Same theme, different God.

Addressing congress 9 days after 9/11 bush said, "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them."

And from bush's 2003 state of the union address, "Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation. The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity."

Imho God/Allah does not support either of these men or their actions. The only time bush has been honest is when he referred to the invasion as a crusade.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Go read this Semper before you say that:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

He may be a failure as a human being and a failure a business man and a failure as a "democratic" (as in the leader of a democracy or a protector of one...i.e. ours, not the party, obviously) president for ALL the people as opposed to just his owners but he has been a major success as a recruiter for Al Qeada for which I am sure they are grateful.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
No DF1 the YHWH of the Old Testament, God the father, of the New Testament and Allah of the Quran are all the same God as the Pope recently said. But even without the Popes agreement, historically he/she/it has been considered as such by anyone who has studied the Judeo-Christian-Islamic complex of religions and the history of the people it grew out of. In all reality Allah was the supreme God of the Bediouns (before Muhammad) and culturally and ethnically the Jews are just Bediouns who settled down.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Come on now grover....

You know that I have moved closer to the middle of the road, yet... The day I start believing what is written in truthout.org, I'll join the Democratic Party.

The only thing that is OUT, is the supposed truth they print.

Of course opponents are going to spout things like this about President Bush, he is the "defacto" leader of the Rebuplican Party and the elections draw near.

This sort of "Hogwash" is to be expected by anyone that has observed the political arena for any amount of time.

I am not saying that a shake up in the House and the Senate is NOT a bad idea. I'm still kind of on the fence with that. Yet with the latest developments revolving around my party, I'm starting to wonder if they deserve their position anyway.

What scares me is the complacency the American Public has developed as of 9/11. Because we have managed to dodge the bullet for this long, what happens when the weak willed Dems get in there and we are suddenly wide open?

Semper

[edit on 9/30/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
grover,

Was not ALLAH, the name of the MOON god worshiped prior to Muhammad waking from his nap and starting the Muslim Religion?

AH here it is, found it...

It was formerly the name of the chief god among the numerous idols (360) in the Kaaba in Mecca before Mohammed made them into monotheists.
www.letusreason.org...

Semper

[edit on 9/30/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The Dems are not as weak willed as Rove would have you believe. As a coalition they have a far wider range of political stances than you give them credit for. The real issue for them is forming a consensus among them. In all reality we don't have liberals and conservatives in this country anymore, we have conservatives and even more conservative, which ironically is far to the left of most European conservative movements. The stance of the democratic party as it stands today is far more in line with the moderate and liberal branches of the republican party of the Nixon era before they were forced out by the rise of the hard right.

Allah as far as I know, was a sky God and as such, fundamentally the same as YHWH. I have a great deal of respect for Islam as a religion and think it is a tragedy for the world, far beyond terrorism that it has become so mired down in such extremist politics.

This may sound odd but if you follow the historic economic trends of the past 150 years or so they start in Europe in general and continue spreading west until they encircle the globe, currently the far east and India are experincing the industralization and corporatization that we went through in the early and mid half of the 20th century before jobs and companies started moving out. The middle east is next. Just you wait until the economic engine of globalization sweeps the area the mid east will explode in such a way that it will make the oil boom look like a burp because it will be far more wide based. Then we will have to deal with Islam as a true power again, an economic one.

Read "Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel" and "Collapse" as well as Karen Armstrong's books "Islam: A Short History" "The Battle for God: A History of Fundamentalism" and "Holy War: The Crusades and Their Impact on the Modern World" for a deep and fasinating overview of the currents of technology and the history of religious conflict. Very eye opening stuff.

I am currently reading Karen Armstrong's "The Great Transformation" A study of the axial age (roughly 1000 to 300 BC) when our religious traditions took on their current patterns. W

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
P.S. Semper go to " Pentagon Briefing: Terrorists Are "Rational Actors" Following Their Holy Book" thread, I try and give a decent overview of Islam there.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What scares the HECK out of me Grover,

I I read the Quran..

Though many equate the violence inherent in the Quran with that in the Bible, they fail to understand that Christianity moved "Beyond" the Old Testament and began living under the "New Testament" following the Teachings of Christ.

The Quran is a book based on Violence, and the aggressive take over of every other religion on the planet. If there are doubts, just read the book, it is clear. It even requires no interpretation, it spells it out exactly.

That scares me.

Semper

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
What scares the HECK out of me Grover,

I I read the Quran..

Though many equate the violence inherent in the Quran with that in the Bible, they fail to understand that Christianity moved "Beyond" the Old Testament and began living under the "New Testament" following the Teachings of Christ.

Really and fundamentalist Christian wants the population to live in fear of no been Cristian enough to obtain salvation.

See the tactics of witches burning, the inquisition and convert or die, has been replaced with Psychology and now is live scare for your soul because it may burn in hell

Now as for Bush failures he is a failure his policies are a failure, and the majority run Congress is also a Failure for not keeping their Bushy boy on control and guide him toward a change on policies that very well could have make Iraq a success and not the horrible mess is right now and our soldiers caught in between.

When our troops are targeted 800 to 900 times a week in Iraq you pretty much can tell who is winning and who is the loser.

Shame on you Mr. president

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just type "failure" in google, click ok, and click the first link that pops up.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
When Saladin reconquored Jeusalem from the Franks, he made a specific point of sparing every single person in the city, Frank, Muslim, Christian and Jew, (except one man who was a notorious troublemaker) in direct contrast to when the Franks conquored the city and killed every man woman and child so that according to their own chronicler blood ran in the streets as deep as their horses knees.

No Christianity did not leave its bloody past behind for a very long time...the 30 years war between the Catholics and the Protestants is a prime example...Germany was so devestated it took almot 200 years to recover. The last witch was burnt at a stake during the lifetime of Voltaire, mid-1700's, abortion doctors have been killed and clinics burnt....and so on.

Violence in the name of God is not limited to Islam and never has been, What makes their case so special is their reaction to the forces of modernity.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
when it comes down to it semper, bush is a failure. just as bad as mostly all the republicans and democrats as well. I dont know why you stick to a group of corruption. Democrats, republicans, either way you go its not going to change anything. Libertarian all the way.

Either way though, bush is a failure, as is just about every politician out there.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Violence in the name of God is not limited to Islam and never has been, What makes their case so special is their reaction to the forces of modernity.

Awesome point! Why is it that Islam, at least it's more fundimentalist supports, react to the modern world with such hatred and distrust, while fundimentalist Christians seem to be more willing to trade aspects of their faith for modern material comfort. I wonder if that is just a reaction to the time "we" have had with seperation of church and state, if there is another reason?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
All forms of fundamentalism are at their very heart modern movements because they are all reactions against the modern secular state, and even though they often use the tools of the modern age against it, they are a reaction... at no other time in history save the modern age has there been such unrelenting secular states. In Islam specifically the general feeling that between the imperialism of the Ottoman empire and the meddling of the western ones, the middle east in general has not had the chance to work their way into the modern world at their own rate... the people have been puppets or tools and have had very little say in their own future, and Islamic fundamentalisms are a reaction to that. Islamic fascism is a bald faced BS move by the Bushies to demonize further Islam in the minds of the incredibly ignorant American populous. Fascism by its very nature is totalitarian and monolithic... the polar opposite of Islamic fundamentalism as there are dozens of different type from the violent Al Qeada types to ones that essentially withdraw from the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So, does this mean Al Qaeda exists after all? Or is this just some smokescreen?

Really.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As far a i can tell it does but its role is greatly exagerated, obviously by the Bush administration, but also by itself for marketing sake...overall the active terrorists and their collabrators probably number far less than it has been made out....maybe 100,000 world wide out of 1 billion Muslims but Al Qeada itself, maybe 10 to 20,000. Supporters and sympathzers number probably in the millions but certianly not 1 billion or even a quarter of that. The vast majority of Muslims I have met are just like everybody else, they want to be left alone to raise their families in peace but when you have an administration damned and determined to demonize them for political gain, hell we sow the seeds right there and are too dumb to realize it. One other thing, in the middle east especially the unemployment rate is 40% and better it is always easy to drum up a rioting crowd when need be. Bet Fox does it all the time.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Unless, of course, its some kind

of reverse psychology- to make us think they exist, when they really dont.

I wouldnt be surprised. Everyone knows Bush is a failure- it doesnt take a great

genius, or Al Qaeda, to fill us in on what we already know.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by dgtempe]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join