It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was Adopted by Pit Bull terriers!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It was a few days ago.
I got home from work kind of late.
I pulled in the driveway, and got out of the Truck, it was dark.

I felt a presence, two smallish figures headed towards me, and......
It was an ambush...of slobber, and nubbin wagging..

Two pit bulls, a big one and a smaller one..were welcoming me home!
The big one was a male, not sure about the little one. Had it been brighter outside, I probably would have panicked, PITBULLS AHH!

But they were friendly enough..So I spend some time talking to them, and petting them, and open my truck door to get something out..but!

Well, you can see what happened. They both wedged themselves into my truck.
LETS GO FOR A RIDE!..I couldn't drag them out! so, I took them for a ride..around the neighborhood, looking for a possible owner. Nothing..nobody was wandering around looking for missing dogs.

so, we went down to the 7-11, where people post their "missing dog" flyers..nothing there either.

We ended up back home, I filled up a bowl of kibble, and one of water..The little one actually left the truck for a minute to get a drink, but hopped back in.

It wasn't unitl one of my cats came wandering into the yard, that these two left the truck..looking for the cat that they obviously smelled. fortunately for the cat, he was able to leap over the fence. And the dogs were out of my truck finally.

One of my neighbors came outside, so I asked him about the dogs..he said they belonged down the street, and that they "come to visit" every now and then.

GOOD!..so I went inside. They were gone the next morning..Back in their own yard.

BTW, one of them is pretty muddy as you can see, I suspect he got that way digging under the fence while escaping..

Nice dogs.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Great photo.....and man is that little puppy ever cute. It looks like you've made yourself a couple of friends. Of course, now they are your friends for life. After all you took them for a ride around the neighborhood, stopped at the local 7-11 (for Big Gulps or Slurpies, no doubt) and then a ride home. Man, what an outing!

You just gotta know that they'll be back. Maybe next time you guys can all go to the park and then to the McDonalds afterward.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very nice looking dogs. They are so good. Good luck.

I adopted mine 6 to 8 weeks ago.

Mines ear are not cropped.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Nice pup you got there Spittincobra.

These two are actually back at their real home now.
I was a little P.O'd that there were no collars or tags on them, perhaps they came off during their escape.

BT you're right, that little one was really a cute dog.
Look at the size of the head on the big one!

I can't really have any more dogs, there were 3 of my own in the house sniffing me up and down, once I went in. Wonder if I was cheating on them , I guess..

Had there not been an owner, I would have considered keeping them somehow..I really did think about it.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nice looking dog SpittinCobra. How old is he/she?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks

His is a year November 5th, He is a GREAT dog. He has chewed somethings up, but he is a pup still. He is pushing 70 pounds, 22 inches tall.

He is really good with the cats, the cats just want to sneak up and sniff him, the dog just wishes they would let him chase them. The cats stand their ground pretty well. He could but he don't push his way.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Pitbulls are sweet, but they do become VERY protective of you and your family, leading to incidents giving them a bad reputation.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
spacedoubt,

The larger one, with the mottled coat, looks like it could incite soiled drawers, if encountered at night rounding a corner.
The smaller, younger one is too cute.

It's good to hear they're back home with the rightful owner. However, as BT mentions, I think you'll be receiving future visits if/when they escape again. After all, you did feed/water and sport them around town on a road trip. Without a doubt, spacedoubt, they'll be back.

SpittinCobra,

He's certainly looks to be quite the specimen. The manner in which he came to be yours has always seemed somewhat fateful, to me. He was looking for a good home and you were looking for a good dog, success on both accounts.
Friends for life.

Thanks for the posts, All.

top topics

join