It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - Chechan shooting down Russian transport helicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I came across this video at the Chechan Mujahideen website. It shows them shooting down that Russian troop transport several months ago. I imagine the Iraqi mujahids would have used the same tactics with that US Chinook.

RUSSIAN HELICOPTER SHOOTDOWN VIDEO

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
what exactly r u trying to say?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
I came across this video at the Chechan Mujahideen website. It shows them shooting down that Russian troop transport several months ago. I imagine the Iraqi mujahids would have used the same tactics with that US Chinook.

The Russian and the American goverment should start useing small nukes to nuke all of the terrorists out of these two MUSLIM countries!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Or maybe the Russians and Americans and all countries should just leave others the fook alone? No country has the right to impose itself on another.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
"Leave Alone " ya mean like the Iraqis did to Kuwait ?

Hey Russian
Any time ya want to get together with the USA
We can go kill us some
Radical Muslum Scum
Pig lovers

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by straterx]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I thought our race had evolved beyond the need for crusades. Do you think being a radical christian (or whatever you are) makes you better than being a radical muslim?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"whatever makes you better than being a radical muslim? '"

Superior Firepower ........FREEDOM....and

Toilet paper

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
"Leave Alone " ya mean like the Iraqis did to Kuwait ?

Hey Russian
Any time ya want to get together with the USA
We can go kill us some
Radical Muslum Scum
Pig lovers

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by straterx]

Please wait I will go get my akm-74m!

-->ratical muslim

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ive got my Valmet M71S ready
Any day of the week

But for the desert this is the way to go
www.accuracyinternational.com...

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by straterx]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
its very easy to shoot down such huge helicopters, i had a picture of the mi-26 lifting a chinook helicopter in afghanistan

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Already posted?

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
kuwait use to be part of iraq but was striped away from it in the treaty of Versailles.it could be said that iraq just wanted what was rightfully theres!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
kuwait use to be part of iraq but was striped away from it in the treaty of Versailles.it could be said that iraq just wanted what was rightfully theres!

:wm1:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Kuwait Enters Iraq, 2300 B.C. do a lil research!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by mad scientist

The Russian and the American goverment should start useing small nukes to nuke all of the terrorists out of these two MUSLIM countries!

no, and why is the word muslim capitalized?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Attero Auctorita, I do agree with your outlook, yet you lack some basic information on the Chechen conflict.

“all countries should just leave others the fook alone? No country has the right to impose itself on another”

Agree entirely. During WWII Chechens fought on German side against Soviet Union. After the victory, Stalin banished Chechen males to the gulags of the Russian Far East.

If Native Americans for example would have sided with the Axis and fought against us, we would be reading about them in history books by now.

After the collapse of the Soviet Union Chechen mafia squashed its competition with their culturally traditional terror tactics, stemming from their clan based social structure, and bribed an unbelievable number of government officials.

Through out the ages Chechens never had any kind of industry, and traditionally engaged in caravan ambushes and kidnapping / slave trade. In Chechen language there is a word for holes in the ground where they keep slaves.

Shortly after the collapse, Chechens organized and used their mainland as a launching pad for gun/drug/slave trade of unprecedented proportions. Citizens of Russia and other neighboring countries were kidnapped of the street of their cities, and brought to Chechnya as slaves. Further more, non Chechen population in Chechnya was literally ether driven out, killed, or captured into slavery.

For example those very slaves dug all the trenches during the war and were used as live shields.

Even though Chechens present them selves as wahhabist Sunny Muslims, to this day they are not recognized by international Muslim community. Their jihad was not and still is not approved by international Muslim community.

It is ironic that it is oil and gas that is in the hart of the conflict. During the first war, Chechens were negotiating in Turkey with Israeli energy companies for the piece of the pie that they didn’t even have, but that is why their terror campaign was sponsored by foreign interests.

Many times they were legitimate efforts both by Chechens and Russians to end the conflict, all of which ended in ether assassinations of legitimate Chechen leaders, or Chechen refusal to accept Russian terms for completely closed borders. Chechen leadership could not accept the closure of the borders because the criminal element used them for smuggling everything you can imagine.

While Russians were being accused of war crimes, it is always somehow overlooked that the atrocities were started by the Chechen thugs against non Chechen population. On regular based they would kidnap people, find their families in Russia and demand ransom. If family could not afford the full ransom, they simply used captives as slaves, or executed them and ransomed the body at a lower price.

I’m not condemning the whole people, but considering what their thugs did and still do, I strongly feel that Russians should what ever the hell they want in order to retaliate against such barbarism.

It all comes down to the fact that Russia was attacked by militarized Chechen criminals, who covered their criminal acts by declaring unrecognized and unapproved jihad on the bases of the Soviet/Afghanistan war. The result is massive loss of civilian population on all sides and complete destabilization of the region.

sirCyco is correct about Iraq and Kuwait though.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by iskander]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
They also have large pointy horns on their heads...

Generally though, I agree that the Chechen's have brough most of their recent troubles on themselves.

Still, I think those who promote scorched-earth tactics in the War on Terror would do well to take a look at the leveling of Grozny, and it's failure to prevent (possibly it's contribution to?) horrors like Belsan and the attack on the Dubrovka theatre.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is the video I meant to link to : ATS THREAD : Russian MIL-24 Helicopter Shootdown by SA-16

[edit on 15-12-2005 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
Or maybe the Russians and Americans and all countries should just leave others the fook alone? No country has the right to impose itself on another.

Russia ain't imposing itself on the Chechens. Imagine if Texas was trying to break away from the US, and gain independance, becase of a few gun-toting retards!

What the US experiences w.r.t. islamic terrorism is the same as what we Indians and the Russians experience, but the root causes are very much different.

new topics

top topics

join