It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

insectoid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
has anyone ever heard of this....

imagine if a species of insect......lets say yelow jackets evolved into an intelligent bipodal being. There "families" operate in a very military like fashion. They will attack you and will sacrifice there lives to protect the queen. Do you think if an insect such as yellow jackets evolved to our intelligence level, they would still have this sort of behavior? I mean humans have evolved but we still behave like apes in many ways.(this is if we evolved from apes) Perhaps the grays evolved from some sort of insect (the classic grey has large black eyes, a face that narrows toward the chin. Long thin limbs, large round abdomen, And they appear to all look like clones of one another...just like many insects) just a hypothesis..

any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Have you read Ender's Game recently?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i dont even know what that is

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Insectoidal aliens that have a hive mind and protect the queen like bees or ant, evolved into a huminoid form. I only have one thing that comes to mind.

This:

Or this:

Not this:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DropInABucket
Insectoidal aliens that have a hive mind and protect the queen like bees or ant, evolved into a huminoid form. I only have one thing that comes to mind.

This:

Or this:

Not this:

ah, yes the third one looks more like an insect who has been harvesting human dna. .... . .

hmmmm

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Or this...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I didnt get thsi idea from any movies or pop-culture. I do really think that greys resemble insects in a way. I find it hard to believe that you dont see what Im talking about.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I wouldnt say that the aliens that H.R. giger designed are huminoid. And I dont really see insects either. Just monsters
They seem more reptoid than insectoid. This isnt about fantasy/pop culture. I ask again...do any of you think that when a species evolves it holds on to traits that its ancestors have always carried.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I dont know about the ones you speak of, but they are possible in my eyes.I think any form of life has the chance to evolve into intelligent forms of that being.
The insect type that I have been in contact with, can not be seen with the naked eye, they are at a sub atomic level within inner space.. Their lives are long, for each passing sec. in our time millions of years progress within that innerspace. It took them 25 years of my time to contact me, and for me to understand how they travle such distances, and travle to other dimensions. It takes them a long time in their time to build these things that we see as mushrooms and other types of "growth". We pick them, and ingest them, giving them the power to travle that great distance when other methods failed them.. Once inside our innerspace is when they try to make contact with us from within. These tiny creatures are so highly intelligent that they figured out how to create fibers which we can eat, therefore travling to other dimensions within their tiny world. They are the builders of spores, fungus, and other types of "growths" some are deadly, some are not. So there are millions of different types of Insectoid races out there, and within.. Both big and small. Both deadly and Kind.. Some just want to learn from you, others want to destroy and consume everything in their path.. This speaks for all relivent aspects of our universe and unknown universe

No need to take this personal, just my thoughts on it, everyone is welcome to their own thoughts.. But I am spending time and money to figure this all out.. Hopefully after enough research and time I will come to something that can make sense out of.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
hmmmm speaking of mushrooms

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are some sutle similarities with Greys and classical insects,
but it's in my opinion that Greys are not evolved from insects,
or the equivalent thereof.

However, the idea of an alien species that evved from the insect
equivalent on their world, is plausable.

Just sort of something I thought 'd share to, if you've ever watched
Star Trek Enterprise and seen the Insectoid Xindi, that's a perfect
example of what insectoid aliens would'nt look like.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yes mushrooms, and not just any mushroom but the kind that give you a spiritual release from our current reality... These creatures know that they can get into us by offering such enlightenment.. And everyone has their own exp. from them.. And its not to be abused, or your talking about being a burnout.. Its something I think people should exp for themselfs.. Though it is illegal, and illegal for a reason, but what reason? Just becasue someone said no you cant do that.. Well I dont listen to these laws.. I dont hurt anyone, nor would I ever! But these laws are made to keep us from understanding such things, by those who dont want them to make contact...

Level 1
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colours, etcetera). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".

Level 2
Bright colors, and visuals (i.e. things start to move and breathe), some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.

Level 3
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".

Level 4
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

Level 5
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).

So this is what brings me to my thoughts about these tiny creatures who bring us together as friends, and give us colors and out of this world feelings.. its very real when you eat them.. Its a part of science in which I enjoy to explore, but never something to be overdone, as it will affect you in the wrong manner.. But trying it a few times I dont think is morally wrong.. I think drinking till your so #faced is a worthless drug, that teaches us nothing about our spiritual side of life. yet its legal...

heres a link to my topic on innerspace life and what I felt..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-9-2006 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I know allllll about the mushroom and the acid and the mescaline and the ibogane and the dmt and the ayahuasca......Im "experienced"...maybe a little too much. However I did have one bad trip on mushrooms where it felt like I had millions of little bugs crawling all over me.....it sucked.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
by the way isnt inner space still terrestrial?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Lets try and keep from focusing to much attention on drugs now,
as it's against the T&C.

I personally have no problem with it, but we don't want anyone getting
warns or the thread closed.

As to Inner Space, yeah I'm not even sure what exactly he's talking
about, so I can't really say if it's terrestrial or not.

EDIT:
Typos.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by iori_komei]

[edit on 9/30/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The only things the grays need to complete their face's insectoid appearance are antenni. I know of one that had this insect feature. It was caught in a short video by some woman in South America I think. It showed this weird creature at night that seemed to glow. It had what appeared to be two short antenna on the front top of it's head.

top topics

join