It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterspout spotted on Lake Michigan, funnel cloud in Fennville on 9-29-06

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Waterspout spotted on Lake Michigan, funnel cloud in Fennville. its kind of weird because its only about 50 degres today.

but also in the 3rd pic down in the link it shows the funnel and something I cant
explain. take a look for your self.

www.woodtv.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
And then you wonder why Gw.B blocked the Climate change report....

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Cool! Waterspouts are neat, especially when lightning causes them to glow blue.

Anyway the object in the 3rd pic looks to me like a sparrow at the point where it closes it's wings to gain speed.

Then again, maybe it's a UFO.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Faint I love that avatar.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't think it's weird since the article says that waterspouts form mostly in September thru December when the cool air goes over warm water. And maybe the weird pic is a weather baloon type of thing they sent up to get atmospheric information around the spout??

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
just wanted to bump this becous I dont know if it is a bird in the pic and I wanted to know more about tornados in colder weather.if I could get some info it would be munch appreciated.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Object in the funnel cloud picture is almost definitely a bird - I have similar problems myself sometimes, especially when using telephoto lenses.

As for tornados - we often get them in the winter here in the UK too, though mostly we seem them in the summer when big thunderstorms are more common.

A good explanation of tornados here:-

www.torro.org.uk...

When they occur most frequently is simply down to local climate. Given the right weather conditions - basically a mix of warm and cold air masses - they can occur just about anywhere at any time.

Although the air temperature at ground level may seem cold, what's important is the difference in temperatures between the different air masses - so a difference of say 20f to 60f is much the same as 60f and 100f. Hence also why we sometimes get 'thundersnow' - ie a thunderstorm occuring during a snow storm.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
thanks for the link Essan

I think I read someware that thay changed the f catogry but I could be rong.
but last week thair was a f 0 twister that did a lot of damege about 10 miles from me.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
thanks for the link Essan

I think I read someware that thay changed the f catogry but I could be rong.
but last week thair was a f 0 twister that did a lot of damege about 10 miles from me.

Yes, there's a new Enhanced Fujita Scale being introduced from February next year

www.spc.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The storms that spawned that tornado went right past my work. Funnel cloud almost touched down right down the street (3 blocks) in Park Ridge, IL.

Has nothing to do with climate change, not the waterspout itself anyway. We get ALOT of that stuff here in spring and fall. Its just like the spring storms, only backward... cold air pushing south, as opposed to warm air headed north... sorta...

new topics

top topics

join