It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto is getting Camera's on the Streets!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well... .. looks like Toronto is joining the New World Order. I don' live there, I live further outside of it.. but still.. now this is getting closer to home!! Why can't the detectives and cops just do their job instead of getting the cameras to do it for them!! Makes you wonder just who has access to the camera footage too... ??
What gets me too is that this article was posted on PAGE 8 in the bottom corner next to the inner edge of the page.

Toronto Streets Get Cameras

Police hope more cameras on city streets will both help deter and bust criminals.

At yesterday's monthly Toronto Police Services Board meeting, the board said it's planning to deploy up to 20 mobile closed-circuit cameras in high-crime areas.

Police are finalizing a $2-million funding agreement with the province to help with the camera program, Deputy Police Chief Kim Derry said.

"Even if it doesn't stop the crime, it certainly gives us the ability to track and identify subjects responsible," Derry said. The cameras are slated to hit city streets in the next few months.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There are talks of doing it in Calgary also.
Local news said “senior” officers think it is a good idea.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
There are talks of doing it in Calgary also.
Local news said “senior” officers think it is a good idea.

LOL.. Yea. It's those "senior" officers who don't want to do anything!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Violent crime has been front page news here for a little while now.
There was a body dumped on a busy street in broad daylight not to long ago. A lot of people here are frightened. I don’t think the cameras will get much resistance.

Really we are on camera a lot as it is. Just about every populated place like banks, train stations and malls have cameras already. The police force doesn’t own these cameras but they have access to the recordings. If the law is looking for surveillance as a tool to fight crime they already got it. Installing more cameras isn’t going to do anything they can’t already do.

The problem here is that a police operated camera system, just like getting microchipped, is an infrastructure for evil. If we end up in a situation (NWO for example) these cameras will be used against us.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
check this post out. everything ties together, once your far enough down the rabbit hole.

this post is only scratching the surface. there is a deep and long-standing masonic tie-in, too. just look at the t.o. police logo. and, look at the monument outside the new headquarters. an (huge) obelisk on a wagon being pulled by a child(boy), dedicated by the masons.

the four faces have one word each: to-serve-and-protect.

serve whom?
protect whom?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Screw cameras. You can watch a ton of crime with those, but what are you going to do to deter or stop it in progress?

What Toronto needs is more boots on the street.

Cameras clearly aren't working in Londonistan, why would they work here?

DE

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In Britian we have street cameras on our towns and cities. They are genrally monitored by police. There are even some on large railway stations. Its not that bad really it most likely just there to catch fights and that sort of thing late at night. Most people just ignore it as they arn't doing ant harm and as long as you're not doing anything illegal infront of them then youve got nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Of course, when they came for me, there was no one left to object.

The fallacies in the concept of these cameras are amazing. Drunken brawlers, pickpockets, and auto thieves aren't gonna be scared of them. What about in winter, when everyone's so bundled up it's hard to tell who they are?

Silk, let me ask you this- are crimes actually prevented by these cameras? Because all the stats out of the UK I see show a huge rise in violent criminal behavior. They might help catch criminals after the fact, yes. But, when a mugger's busted your arm or hit you over the head and jacked your wallet, it's a little late then, isn't it?

DE

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Exactly! These cameras are really a waste of money. Anyone that is committing these crimes really won't stop. Either they'll disguise themselves or move somewhere else. Or maybe that is the Toronto Police's plan. Use the excuse that because "crime" has moved elsewhere they need the cameras there now too. JUST PATHETIC. Get a few more cops walking the street in these so called "high crime" areas rather than sitting in their car on Church or Jarvis watching the johns getting some action for the night. Perhaps THAT will actually work better than sticking a few cameras in the air which they will probably have to go through a hassle to get a warrant to actually watch the video. Then when they watch it they won't be able to make out the person in the video because they covered their face etc etc. They really don't think these things out do they?

Well. The news station in Toronto has done their own report on this tonight. Here is the link: More Closed Circuit Cameras Coming

Here is a section to exactly what i was saying. Crime is just pushed to another neighbourhood, then guess what, they will try to put cameras there too no doubt. 24 hour surveillance here we come...

The plan worked in the downtown community of Alexandra Park, according to local residents. Cameras came in after a man was shot in broad daylight with children around. One neighbour named Cathy said the criminals in her neck of the woods aren't quite as brazen or active as they once were.

"I never used to go out at night. Now I go out and I enjoy my life," she said.

But she says cameras don't stop crime, they just force it into another neighbourhood.

"If people want to do anything, they do them where the cameras aren't," she added.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
well cameras where the first step in melding America with Canada and Mexico!
Is why the borders where never secured in the first place!

Traitors, The North American Union
www.youtube.com...

Council on Foreign Relations: Traitors, Erasing US Borders
www.youtube.com...

Sinister Agenda the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America
www.youtube.com...

WE got our cameras here in Florida many years back.. Out in Ybor city (EBOR)
they have cameras on every street cornor, and it goes back to a face recon system that places faces with criminals, and when a face is scanned there is a near by Cop that will come and take you away.. Ive not done anything wrong, but I always where a mask when going out to Ybor city... and take it off when I get into the club.. You would be shocked to see how many people where little face masks now on the streets... its been crazy for a few years now! And not getting any better any time soon!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Of course, when they came for me, there was no one left to object.

The fallacies in the concept of these cameras are amazing. Drunken brawlers, pickpockets, and auto thieves aren't gonna be scared of them. What about in winter, when everyone's so bundled up it's hard to tell who they are?

Silk, let me ask you this- are crimes actually prevented by these cameras? Because all the stats out of the UK I see show a huge rise in violent criminal behavior. They might help catch criminals after the fact, yes. But, when a mugger's busted your arm or hit you over the head and jacked your wallet, it's a little late then, isn't it?

DE

The amount of crime in main streets is dramaticlly reduce but people genrally go and do thier crimes somewhere where there is no cameras. So it stops most crime in one area but sends all the criminals to another area to do whatever they are going to do.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
check this post out. everything ties together, once your far enough down the rabbit hole.

this post is only scratching the surface. there is a deep and long-standing masonic tie-in, too.
serve whom?
protect whom?

I strongly agree that policing is controlled by masons and has been for eons. The wiki article on Fantino while likely accurate is highly biased though and I can bet that some gay guy wrote it.

The police will do their bit to bring the NWO to pass as well as the judiciary and many others.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The purpose of a camera is not to stop crime. The purpose of the camera is to catch people in the acts of crime. You forget that roads, streets, etc, are public property they're not yours as the individual. Due to this, there's no real invasion of privacy anything they see you can see.

They work well. A lot of drunken brawls, even those where they cover their face they can track back and find them on camera up to hours before the event where their face is on show. The same goes for car crime and so on and so fourth.

The decline in mugging in my town, came exactly the same time as the cameras came out. There's a lot worse they could be doing, chipping people, spying on private property, etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
The purpose of a camera is not to stop crime. The purpose of the camera is to catch people in the acts of crime. You forget that roads, streets, etc, are public property they're not yours as the individual. Due to this, there's no real invasion of privacy anything they see you can see.

They work well. A lot of drunken brawls, even those where they cover their face they can track back and find them on camera up to hours before the event where their face is on show. The same goes for car crime and so on and so fourth.

The decline in mugging in my town, came exactly the same time as the cameras came out. There's a lot worse they could be doing, chipping people, spying on private property, etc.

I would agree that some cameras are doing good for those out and about in the night streets! Its cleaning things up in that area! But yet agin does it really stop anything? No it just moves the crime to other areas that are less secure.. So you have peoples mind sets saying well lets get cameras everywhere! outside out homes, ect. Soon it will be out of control! And they have won becasue we all forgot what its like to be able to defend yourself!! Remeber the days when you could carry a gun, and if someone went to rob you, or hurt you, then you would shoot them dead? I dont remeber those days, but Ive been told about that from my grandpa.. He said we are soft and being slowly controled.. I can see truth in that.. We have forgot how to defend our own rights, and fight for our own lives..
No one said life was sweet and nice all the time.. But it seem thats the way they want it.. And they package this camera system up like its going to solve crime, when a good way to solve crime is to defend your own! But you just cant do that anymore these days as its illegal to protect yourself, unless your in your very own home, and your life is threatened... They are slowly locking down the Web of control... Good thing, yeah I guess, but after I think about it, Id rather use my brain to stay out of dark places, and not be out with a bunch of drunken fools.. Life is far to fragile, and we are just to soft now a days..

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
zysin5, I'd much rather live in a World with cameras than one where people go around killing single individuals and we take their word for it. Let's use your own little ideal world.

If I kill someone, what is to stop me claiming they treid to mug me? It'd be my word against a dead corpse. Which means what? The Police press charges on you for murder, or murderers can get away with killing people. It'd be very few times when innocent people who are protecting themselves actually get away with it.

I have a camera outside my house:
A) It lowers my car insurance
B) There's not been a single incident on this street since we had them put on the road.

As long as the cameras do not look into my house, into my garden and watch me in private there's no problem with them. If someone broke into my house, I can still use reasonable force to remove them from my house. The Police also know that they've broken into my house, they know where they go if they run off and so on and so fourth.

They're also a massive help at work. If we're involved in a legal case and we have film evidence of the person, doing the event. It's case closed to be honest. It speeds things up and in turn costs the tax payers less money. We can also get more cases through the courts and in theory more criminals off of the street [dependent on the judge.]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yep I very much agree with you Odium.. But where does the line end? I mean how far is it really going to go just to secure us? I guess it all comes down to times are a changin and theres nothing my old school ideas are going to do to stop that.. As you say its a good thing.. But Im just more old school where I try to hold my own.. The law of the Jungle I would suppose.. I know that the law of the jungle is now being taken apart and replaced with a New world Order.. I guess I dont have much a point to go aginst that, but its just something inside of me that doesnt trust it to the core.. I dont trust them bottom line...
When anyone says I wanna help you, I have to think to myself why do they want to help me? What do they gain, from "helping" me out here... They are not my friends or family.. As its different when a friend tells me they want to help, I can understand that, as it does us both good... But when the government tries to act like my friend I dont like it at all! Becasue they dont give a flying $#@ about me or you...

new topics

top topics

join