It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Good News For A Change!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
With all of the news of tragedies, and horror that cross our paths every day, it is so nice to have a story that truly does have a happy ending. A 2-1/2 year old boy was missing for 3 days in Texas, and was presumed dead, or kidnapped. He was found alive, and was reunited with his overjoyed family.

ALVARADO, Texas - For three days, 2 1/2-year-old Kevin Brown's chubby bare feet took him through acres of rugged pastures of grass taller than his head and around ponds where bobcats and coyotes roam.

He probably slept and hid under thick bushes in some woods, frightened from a thunderstorm and the noise of rescue helicopters and searchers on foot, horseback and all-terrain vehicles.

When a helicopter pilot spotted Kevin on Sunday night, the boy was nearly a mile from his home. Kevin was lying on his stomach at the edge of a pond as if he had been drinking, and the co-pilot jumped out, scooped him up and flew him to a hospital.

"This little fellow was gone 69 hours and 16 minutes. There's no way he should have been alive," Johnson County Sheriff Bob Alford said. "I don't know if you believe in God, but this is truly a miracle that this boy is alive."

www.comcast.net.../2006/09/29/487794.html&cvqh=itn_toddlerwilderness

Thank god that this baby was found alive. I am so happy for the entire family. I can't imagine the sense of relief, and joy they must be feeling.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It is always nice to come across a feel good story like this one.

How quick your world can be turned upside down is not a pleasant thought or feeling.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
It is always nice to come across a feel good story like this one.

How quick your world can be turned upside down is not a pleasant thought or feeling.

You just said a mouthful there chissler my friend. Just goes to show you why it is so important to live every moment as if it's your last. Yeah, I'm one of those people who will do a random act of kindness every now and again, and I always try to make people smile. I'm a cancer survivor, and for a little while there my future wasn't so rosy. I know just how precious life is, and the small stuff doesn't bother me anymore. My entire outlook changed.
I'll bet that very lucky family will never look at life the same way.
Yep, it truly is a feel good story. I wish we could hear more of them!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sometimes adversity can work as a friendly reminder to appreciate what we have in life.

You can imagine the smiles on the faces of that family today.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah,the media doesn't report enough on things like this. Folks, there are good things that are happening all of the time; unfortuantely,we usually do not hear about them.

new topics

top topics

join