It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Mondo Bizarro, Show #1 hosted by Johnny Anonymous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

PODcast: Mondo Bizarro, Show #1 hosted by Johnny Anonymous
Mondo Bizarro brings you Bizarre News, Amazing UselessFacts that you won't find on the Radio, Newspaper or TV. All presented reports and facts are 100% real and genuine. The perfect source for watercooler conversations.

length: 07:50
file: btstpod_1922.mp3
size: 3804k
feed: btst

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

That's some pretty crazy stuff you've got there, Johnny. 1.5 kilos of sand a day? Hmm . . .

And I want to hear more of those 'days'

I wish I could podcast. Expensive mics.
Looking forward to No.2!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks so much, I truly appreciate it. This qualifies as my very first ever podcast for any forum, I hope it wasn't that bad of a production.

Of course I welcome any thoughts and critiques on how I might better such an event.

Thanks again for listening to it.

John

Keep your eyes towards the skies, but keep your feet on the ground!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Very good podcast.

Production is great.

Keep em' coming!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Johnny Anonymous,

As a first Ever podcast, I think it's superb!

Keep 'em coming, IMO.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Overlord approves very much. Excellent voice, good ambient sparkle, and well-paced.

Two thumbs up.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well now aren't you all very kind to this newbie?

I can't tell you how much that means to me. I was only hoping that I still had
some creative juices still flowing in these old analog veins....lol. Digital productions
are a bit differant than what I'm used to and my age now places me in the 'Old School'
department I guess, LOL. I hope to be able to do a weekly show now that
I've heard some of your comments.

BTW, while I'm thinking of it, might I also tip my hat to all of you fine folks here.
I've been associated and a member of many forums, but none seem to have the professional
quality that encompasses ATS. And in my book, that speaks volumnes, Kudos!

So many thanks again for the nice words and making me feel very welcome and comfortable at ATS.

John

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Something tells me your face is comfortable in front of a mic.
The Overlord smells an ARRL influence somewhere.

We'll feature your podcast in our next show (latest link: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

Keep 'em comin'!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

We'll feature your podcast in our next show (latest link: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

Keep 'em comin'!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Keep 'em comin'!

LOL....

If your refering to "The American Radio Relay League", no I'm not a member nor have I ever been associated with them. At one time (many moons ago), while I considered checking out information on Ham Radio operations, I visited their site as it was a link that came up while I was "Googleing" (oh-oh, I'm making up words now).

But what you probably do smell instead is a bit of stagnant creativity that was a part of my life years past. Unfortunately, the pay-scale didn't seem to reflect the output and effort of the above said creativity, so moved into working in the television industry for awhile. It wasn't as rewarding production wise, but the pay was a 'tad' better. How far back was this you ask? Well, we did all our mastering on a Ampex VTR & the size of the video tape on the reels (yes, I said reels), were 2 inches tall and about 10" wide, (obviously long before Beta or VHS). The VTR (Video Tape Recorder) stood about 5 feet tall by about 4.5 feet wide and weighed about 180 pounds (give or take). We called her "Big Bertha".

Anyway, those analog days are long gone and I'm still acclimating to the digital realm. My major problem is that once I get used to one technology, 6 months later it's out-of-date...lol.

Ok,, enough of this memory lane rant, I digressed, (coughs and clears throat) ahem, so no to the ARRL influence query (LOL).

As to the query of my face....
My face is more comfortable in front and more times behind a camera, but it's not afraid of a microphone... It's generally the engineer that will scare me more as he plays with the potentiometers making me sound like "Yosemite Sam"...lol. Speaking of face, I've noticed lately that as I get up in the morning and look at myself in the bathroom mirror, my Father stares back at me..... (insert audio of snare shot).

I appreciate and thank you for considering the Mondo Bizarro podcast in your next review.

I have two questions (if I may):
(1) Is the limit of 4 megs a cemented constant? If the podcast turned out to be 4.1megs (give or take) would it be rejected?
(2) Is there anyway to track the downloads of a personal podcast?
If the above queries have been answered somewhere else, my apologies for asking as I obviously missed them.

Many Thanks In Advance,
John

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was a Ham... and it seemed like you had characteristic ham-like vocal inflections.... you develop and ear for that.

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I have two questions (if I may):
(1) Is the limit of 4 megs a cemented constant? If the podcast turned out to be 4.1megs (give or take) would it be rejected?
(2) Is there anyway to track the downloads of a personal podcast?

1) The limit increases with the more posts that you have. However, we have (on occasion) increased individual limits for high-quality repeat podcasters.

2) This was a planned feature but not yet fully implemented. Yours currently has 19 downloads, and September's most popular podcast has nearly 4,000 downloads.

You can promote your own podcasts in iTunes and other podcast directories as every podcasting member has their own personal feed:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That one is yours. We just ask that you mention that your an AboveTopSecret.com (full URL) member podcaster in each episode.

Some long-needed upgrades to the podcasting service are in the works... stay tuned.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yay! That was so well done, Johnny! Consider me a fan who will watch for these from now. Perfect length, great sound, fun factoids!

Question: If you find out what kind of sand she eats, I'd like to know. I'm considering trying that one.

And Springer is going to be SOOOOOO happy to find out his gimped up back is going to make him live to a ripe old age!

Thanks for the smiles.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
SkepticOverlord

First Sir I must ask your apologies as I was directed to you for the answers and therefore sent you a U2U in regards to this subject. It was an oversite on my part, and I should have checked this thread section first before delving deeper with my queries with a private message.

Yes, keeping a show to maintain a quality aspect, forced me to have to pull out my slide-rule to figure what kind of trade-off between kilobytes and loss in quality I'd have to contend with to stay within the 4 megabyte rule. And that has proved to be quite a challenge as I have to tweak a few filters to compensate in attempting to maintain the dynamics in whole... I think I went through a 1/4 jar of aspirin...LOL

And I appreciate the download update, it will at least give me some idea of what to expect with a uploaded podcast production. Thanks for those answers to my queries, I look forward to the new features your wanting to implement.

Valhall

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to take a listen to the show.
The report on "Ram" the 'sand-eating-granny' did not mention where she got the sand nor what kind of sand it was. One would think that it would gather in the intestines after awhile. Then again, chickens and other birds use sand and small pebbles to help with their digestion. But Gee-Whiz what would happen when one would wipe themselves after defecating, would it be like sandpaper against skin?
O U C H !

As far as the information that those that experience backpain live longer, in my opinion is a Catch-22. Alright, so Springer and I (and countless others) have backpain, congratulations! You now get to live with that pain longer than the average John/Jane Doe... Yay!

Other News

Well I've already started the consideration of possible 'new' segments for future episodes. One thing that every production (regardless of the entertainment medium) has to contend with is time. My thoughts are that this particular show because of the subject matter/theme not run longer than 8-10 minutes, (hence my earlier query about the 4meg size restrictions and of course the quality of the audio). Any longer and I think I would start losing the crowd/listner regardless of the content value.

Does this sound like a appropriate 'cut-off' length for a show of this kind (8-10 minutes)?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I downloaded your mp3 with limited expatiations.

What I got was no backroom armature b.s., what it was, was a professional podcast that could VERY REASONABLY make radio shows.

Dude, YOU rock!

I am very much (impatiently) waiting for your next segment!!

new topics

top topics

join