It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite kind of cheese?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sure I love cheese.

Cheddar
Gouda
Feta
Edam
Mozarella

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My favorite is blue cheese...I could OD on this and die happy. LOL I'm not fond of the soft cheeses, maybe I just haven't tried a good one yet.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Edam is my favorite, Smoked Gouda is a close second... though I have yet to find wheels as good as those I had in Amsterdam.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
www.wallaceandgromit.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Need I say more!

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Jarlesberg cheese is the ultimate.

goats cheese is pretty good.
a little of the mouldy cheeses is ok if you have various cheeses out on a cheese wheel.
Its great going from one type of cheese to another and just savouring the unique flavours of each instead of hacking off a chunk o boring ol cheddar and eating it.

when done like that you can enjoy almost any cheese, even the bite of the mouldy ones because your not overpowering your senses with only one flavour.

theres one called buccacino or something, like a really creamy, soft mozarella in a ball. its very white in colour. i know i got the name wrong but its something like that, im sure someone can help me
(darn brain fade, the food threads makes me think of my belly)

[edit on 18/7/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Monteray(or Colby) Jack, generally.
Muenster on sandwiches.
Sharp Irish cheeses for fun.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yumm. Cheese.
I think the only kind of cheese that I absolutly refuse to eat..would be blue cheese. Marble's definatly the best though.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by angel_crush]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
cheddar cheese

it's versatile, can be used in tons of recipes and it tastes great all by itself. I prefer the extra sharp variety, but any cheddar cheese would do me fine.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i love gouda!! its the best.

but im partial to a ny slice loaded with stringy mozz!!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Strong tasting soft cheeses are my favorites- the kind you eat on a really good cracker with some wine. A few restaurants by me have cheese plates that you can order...that's all I need some nights :-)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
my choice in cheese is tasty or mozzarella, depending on the circumstance....but always melted....otherwise i cant stand cheese.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealOrNot
Strong tasting soft cheeses are my favorites- the kind you eat on a really good cracker with some wine.

... add chilled grapes and most any is appealing to one's palette.

Mine ... at least.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
the resurrection of this cheesy thread, has affected my dinner plans for the night.

Fruit, cheese and crackers. And a bottle of vino..
Sounds perfect to me..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I practically live on cheese, bread and Coke. *slavers*

I prefer a very sharp aged cheddar, perhaps the Tillamook Vintage White, or a nice New York Sharp.

Havarti is a close second, great with pears, or on a turkey sandwich.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Smoked Gouda is a close second... though I have yet to find wheels as good as those I had in Amsterdam.

Yes. You must buy imported gouda. American-made "gouda" is just some kinda mold, or something.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There should be a vegan soy cheese version of Wallace and Gromit...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If you like brie, try and get hold of some Brie De Meaux, its tasty stuff with a stronger flavour than regular brie.

Mont D'or is also very nice, its gooey and full of flavour

As is Trap Echaunac, which is made by monks and is a semi-soft cheese matured in walnut liquour. Unfortunately the French don't go out of their way to export their finest produce, such as this which you (i think) can only pick up in France, at certain times of the year.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If you like brie, try and get hold of some Brie De Meaux, its tasty stuff with a stronger flavour than regular brie.

Mont D'or is also very nice, its gooey and full of flavour

As is Trap Echaunac, which is made by monks and is a semi-soft cheese matured in walnut liquour. Unfortunately the French don't go out of their way to export their finest produce, such as this which you (i think) can only pick up in France, at certain times of the year.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
God I love cheese...

I have to say I discovered Gouda about two years ago and almost peed myself it was so good, couldn't believe I never tried it before. I'll agree with the other guys in the thread that the imports are waaaaay better, I tried an American gouda and couldn't believe it was supposed to be the same cheese. I still haven't found the first brand I tried but it was a $20 small wedge and it was completely awesome.

Mostly though I always have a big block of cojack around for sandwiches and the like and I keep some extra sharp cheddar around for toppings on salads and Mexican food.

Muenster is good too.

Never liked any of the soft, crumbly, and moldy cheese but it's usually the presentation that turns me off.

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
For straight up munching on I'd go with swiss myself.
Chedder or swiss on crackers.
For Pizza gimme Mozerella (especially when it's baked into the outside crust).
Blue cheese for salads.

[edited for glaring spelling ooopses]

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Deson]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join