It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Attacks 'Party of Cut and Run'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
President GW Bush is so peeved at the turn of events ,due to the new intelligence report saying that we are not safer in the U.S. since we attacked Iraq. GW is having a tizzy-fit over the leak and the fact that the Democrats now have more reasons than before to hound Bush to pull out our troops.

Bush is up to the normal Republican antics by slinging mud at the Democrats

washingtonpost.com

Bush Attacks 'Party of Cut and Run'

By Michael A. Fletcher
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 29, 2006; Page A12

BIRMINGHAM, Sept. 28 -- In his sharpest partisan attack of this election campaign, President Bush denounced Democratic critics of his Iraq policy on Thursday and said "the party of FDR and the party of Harry Truman has become the party of cut and run."

Seeking to rebut Democrats who say a new intelligence report indicates that Iraq is fueling terrorism rather than helping to counter it, Bush said voters face a choice "between two parties with two different attitudes on this war on terror."

Republicans "understand the nature of the enemy," he said. "We know the enemy wants to attack us again," whereas Democrats "offer nothing but criticism and obstruction and endless second-guessing."

Despite assertions in a recently declassified intelligence report that the war in Iraq has become "a cause celebre" that is inspiring new jihadists and fueling anti-Americanism, Bush restated his position that the country is safer since the March 2003 invasion of Iraq. Absent the war, he said, extremists would find other excuses to attack Americans and other Westerners.

Oh for the love of God Georgie,.... just give it up, you've been caught lying yet again and there's PROOF to back it up.

People open your eyes , your ears, read and hear the truth for what it is YOUR PRESIDENT AND HIS ADMINISTRATION HAVE BEEN LYING TO YOU FROM DAY 1, it's time to vote the Republicans out of office so the new senate and house can put a block on Bush's craziness,.......... the man's insane

[Mod Edit: Corrected tags (please use [ex] and [/ex] when quoting form external sources) and Link format - Jak]

[edit on 29/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Nanna -

What is the Democrats plan?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good question Ferretman. I would vote democrat if they would grow some...you know. Until then, I'll stay on the Libertarian side of things.

Not to mention, but Democrats lie also. Read my signature and really think about what Valhall was saying when she said it. Until they ALL stop lying, I'm not voting for ANY of them.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Good question Ferretman. I would vote democrat if they would grow some...you know. Until then, I'll stay on the Libertarian side of things.

Not to mention, but Democrats lie also. Read my signature and really think about what Valhall was saying when she said it. Until they ALL stop lying, I'm not voting for ANY of them.

I second that motion.

Both parties are just tryin g to shift and reshift blame... gotta love election time...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think that "no plan" is preferable to the current plan of getting our bravest and finest more entrenched in a never ending civil war, paid for by borrowed money with no exit strategy and actually no plan either other than stay the course. It's not cutting and running; it's strategic withdrawal.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Im curious to what the "Republicants" have planed for the war in Iraq.
I havent heard anything other than "stay the course",and that peopole,isnt working.Theres also something to be said about the fact that Bush is taking advice from Henry Kissinger.Afterall wasnt he the "genius" of Vietnam? The republicants have had there chance and failed.I think its time to see what someone else can do.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To be honest,I think both Republicans and Democrats have this country screwed up. I tend to vote Independent. Until we get a third party that is legitimately in the mix,I don't think things are going to be straightened out.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hi all,

I love the line "Absent the war, he said, extremists would find other excuses to attack Americans and other Westerners. "

Nice of Bush to make life simple for them and give them so many reasons to attack us.

God forbid we do not send troops to other countries illegally and kill thousands of people for the sake of continued oil supplies.

I mean what would it be like if we kept the troops at home?

All those families that would be able to enjoy the company of sons, daughters, wives, husbands, fathers, mothers etc.

Cheers

S396

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
To be honest,I think both Republicans and Democrats have this country screwed up. I tend to vote Independent. Until we get a third party that is legitimately in the mix,I don't think things are going to be straightened out.

Funny you should mention that. Both parties are highly interested in the prospect of completely electronic voting, and one of the caviats of e-voting is that you can only vote Republican or Democrat.

Regardless, Democrats don't have a game plan, the only thing they agree on is "not Bush". I think we can all agree that a lack of Bush would do the country a lot of good, but some substance is required. Both parties are really going nowhere; Democrats have backed some of the worst Bushisms, such as the more flagrant provisions of the Patriot I/II, NSA Wiretapping, and so on.

If you watched the press conference with Tony Snow today, several good points were brought up which Snow managed to dodge, such as why Bush insists he listens to experienced command staff when Generals who say otherwise keep resigning in disgust.

All politicians are the same, simply because they don't get into power without playing the game. As the saying goes, vote Cthulhu for 2008, why settle for the lesser of two evils?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have to ask this again,i keep hear"democrats dont have a plan",but WHAT IS the republicans plan?Can someone please explain it to me,and if it is to continuing doing the same thing,you fail.Ive noticed more and more things that have to do with screwing over the american citizens than the "terroists".Exactly who do they think their enemy is,Terroists?Americans? Or to them are they now one in the same?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Bush is up to the normal Republican antics by slinging mud at the Democrats

I am just a wee bit lost here as to the amount of humor established by you on this, but what does make me seriously chuckle is at the timing of the reports release and of the "today's" book release by Bob Woodard (hint: check what he did prior to the 04 elections).

The Democrat and anti-Bush pattern is the same as followed prior to the 04' presidential elections meant and utilized in an attempt to sway independent voters over.

Interesting, no?
Further interesting that *you* have not picked up on that yet either, eh?

A critical critique spewed as condemnation aimed at the Bush administration and its policies.
Anything, and I mean anything, remotely new here?!

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Seekerof:

Are you complaining that water is wet?

Of course there is political agenda on BOTH sides. The question remains, however, where the truth lies?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "truth" when applied to politics and political agendas, loam.

Thus, there is no need for you to bring "truth" into an obvious political agenda, correct?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There is ALWAYS truth... The fact that politics may uncover or conceal it does nothing against its existence.

Apparently, I'm just less certain that you with regard to where it may or may not be found.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

It was a good question, I to would vote Dem if someone with balls showed up.

As for now, I won't vote. If America never gets over its problem, il just move away.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Some want to know what the Democrats plan to do if they retain control of the House and Senate. Here are some of the things that they WILL DO

We all know the current administration doesn't hesitate to stand in front of the troops when it comes to a photo-op, but never stands behind them when it comes to providing the armor necessary to fight in Iraq, or the benefits promised when they return home. It's time for veterans to join together and defend our country once more -- and the Fighting Dems intend to do just that. They share the Democratic Party's bold vision to ensure that for the safety and economic security of our country we change course and move our country in a different direction, from Iraq to healthcare and the budget.

www.democrats.org...

You maybe scratching your heads and asking "Who are the Fighting Dems" ? This is who they are

The Front Lines Of Democracy

There are a special group of Democrats who first sign up to serve their country, often in wars half way around the world, and then return home and continue to fight for the values they hold dear in the Democratic Party. Right now more than fifty veterans are running as Democrats for Congress and dozens more are running up and down the ticket.

George Bush and his Administration need to be Stopped/ No More Free Passes

to any of them and the ONLY way they are going to be stopped is to vote the Republicans Out Of Office in Nov. Election. I'm not saying that ALL Republicans are bad, matter of fact I like John McCain and would vote for him if I didn't like the Democrat running against him, BUT, we need to take the Senate and House away from the Republicans so we can start to put a stop to this stuff

www.voltairenet.org...
and this
www.peacetakescourage.com...
and this
peacetakescourage.cf.huffingtonpost.com...
and theses

All I can tell you is the Democrat's Do have a plan and all I will say is
If you want MORE OF THE SAME AND OUR NATION IS FINALLY SPLINTERING INTO TATTERS BEYOND REPAIR..... THEN GO AHEAD AND KEEP THE REPUBLICANS IN CHARGE of the Senate and House, but then YOU HAVE NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELVES

[edit on 29-9-2006 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

What is the Democrats plan?

I don't theink they have a plan developed, yet, but they have a general idea->

"Out of Iraq; A Practical Plan for Withdrawl Now" George McGovern & William Polk
[this is a site by the Free Republic..a pretty well known source, this ~4 paragraph
summary has a further link that develops McGovern's idea]

blogs.wsj.com...

or even here: "Come Home, America"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

to myreasoning, the McCarthy & McGovern peace movements, were derailed by the Military-Industrial-Complex who based their geo-political movement on the 1950 declassified document NSC-68 on which the cold-war then VietNam & domino theory gained control over the US leaders & direction the nation took for 40 years.....
very much like How the PNACers & neoCons of this 21st century have commandeered the Federal gov't into prosecuting the War-on-Terror, radical Islamists, Jihadists...& all enemies of the west & democracy

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I agree that the Dems have to come up with a plan...i dont see or hear one.

Are there any Dems out there with cojones?

Waiting.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I still find it hard to believe that so many people have completely missed the true plans
of this administration.

Their goal is to insure DECADES of funding for the military industrial complex.

They will all retire in lavish comfort for a job well done while the world continues to tear itself apart.

The cost will be left behind for another generation.

The Neo-cons will cut and run from the debt.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Seekerof:

Are you complaining that water is wet?

Of course there is political agenda on BOTH sides. The question remains, however, where the truth lies?

Not within the Republican and Democrat parties!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join