It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF BAses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Did anyone see the weird plane that came in to a RAF base?

if it was the aroura then would the uk goverment know?

on the other side, how much does a pilots air licence cost for the uk?

that s to take the test as well

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Sorry...what wierd plane?

Isn't there supposed to be an Aurora base in Scotland?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The basr that the aurora uses in Britian is RAF Macharnish which is located in the Mull of Kintyre ,Scotland. A few aircraft have crashed here during the period of the testing of aurora. I beleive the aurora was in the airspace over the base and its high speed hypersonic engines may have stopped the airflow giong over the rotor blades/wings of some of these aircraft causing them to crash. Several eywitness reports can be found online. www.dreamlandresort.com is a brilliant website for all things area 51 it also has quite a lot of things to do with the aurora as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i'm not sure.

i am new to this

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Planes crashed because the air flow was restricted to the wings/rotors? Hmm, i'm not sure about that. But I don't know much about the aesthetics of planes so it would be good if we could get an expert oppinion here.

Larks

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well i am a Air Cadet in the U.K and im studying aircraft mechanics at college so i can say i'm an expert but you do learn a lot from the exam you take at cadets as it is the cadet force of the RAF. Also i was doing my PPL (private pilots liscence) and i had to practise stalls hich is where you disable the engine for a short period of time. When you perform a temporary stall the aircraft rocks about a bit until you set the engine to full throttle and put the nose down so the aircraft can gain speed quickly. When the aircraft is rocking is when there is a lack of airflow across the wings which is why the aircraft will start to descend quickly as the weight of the aircraft is giong to make it drop quite quickly. Now imagine a hypersonic spy plane travelling at mach6-10. The sheer force of such an aircraft in nearby airspace could stop all airflow from going aver he wings or rotor blades which will just make the aircraft fall out the sky.

top topics

join