It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you want to Learn from the Most?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
For me, in order, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, angels, prophets, saints, and blessed.

Not Harvard, Yale, Stanford, or Chicago, where Eternal Life is rarely discussed and has been for the most part discouraged.

My primary and ultimate goal is to learn only from the Infinitely Great God as He only knows Infinite True Perfection.

What is your learning medium?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'd rather be ignorant and humble in the eyes of the Lord. Holy wisdom doesn't seem to get one very far in this day and age unless your a monk.

I found this article a while ago and thought hmmm, now that's interesting. Secular people are more intelligent...What do you think Great one?

www.huppi.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings
I'd rather be ignorant and humble in the eyes of the Lord. Holy wisdom doesn't seem to get one very far in this day and age unless your a monk.

I found this article a while ago and thought hmmm, now that's interesting. Secular people are more intelligent...What do you think Great one?

www.huppi.com...

I am hardly "Great." All I do each day is try to be the best person I can be before the eyes of God and humankind.

There are two types of intelligences in the world: earthly intelligence and Afterlife intelligence. Do you think that a blind, deaf, and mute person on earth would score high on the SAT, GRE, or an IQ test? That person was created special by God (we are all created special) and probably has an Afterlife intelligence that is almost immeasurable. No SAT, GRE, or IQ test can measure Afterlife intelligence.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
In my opinion, we should all learn about science. Instead of wasting time making our lives better when were dead, why not try and make TODAY a better place, by curing diceases, finding ways to make life easier and funner.

I mean sure we should learn about god, but we NEED to also learn about science to get the best of both world
I mean, GreatTech, we could use science to give that blind and deaf person sight and hearing. making his life a whole lot better.

[edit on 30-9-2006 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
PisTonZOR, would not that cure for blindness, deafness, and muteness be better if it were inspired by God and Heaven? This Great Event would then be Eternal. The best scientist in the world does not know God's Eternal Truth about everything.

The blessings that God has given the blind, deaf, and mute are beyong human comprehension.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
PisTonZOR, would not that cure for blindness, deafness, and muteness be better if it were inspired by God and Heaven? This Great Event would then be Eternal. The best scientist in the world does not know God's Eternal Truth about everything.

The blessings that God has given the blind, deaf, and mute are beyong human comprehension.
I learned about eternal life with out Gods help. I don't know if god is real and I for sure do not beleave in christianity. Anyway, I really don't care if god exists or not. It is pointless to know if he is real of not.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I agree that "some" of them have natural gifts that surpass us "normal" people, but overall the majority of them are just plain blind, deaf, or mute.
They don't know what they're missing, so they aren't really suffering. But I really couldn't call it a blessing.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hunter S Thompson............

If I could just use hallucinegenics all day and come up with the great social commentary he did, I'd be happy. Thompson had that awe inspring ability to just not give a s**t. I envy that and sure would like to emulate it.

Besides.......... give the deaf, dumb, blind, and mute some hallucinegenics.......... a line from "fear and loathing in Las Vegas" sure sums it up, "it'd be one hell of a trip..."

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
For me, in order, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, angels, prophets, saints, and blessed.

Not Harvard, Yale, Stanford, or Chicago, where Eternal Life is rarely discussed and has been for the most part discouraged.

My primary and ultimate goal is to learn only from the Infinitely Great God as He only knows Infinite True Perfection.

What is your learning medium?

If you believe in God then you should already have faith that he is already your teacher, that this life is his lesson and you are learning in the best way possible. He provided a way for you to learn from your own mistakes.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A true seeker is never biased against the knowledge they encounter. In the end they may disagree with it or refuse to let it be a part of them, but they still learn it just to have it as a part of their experiance. For example, I learned about racism at an early age but I refuse to let it be a part of my life. (Though it does still upset me at times)

I've yet to meet another person who could not teach me something. I love learning so being here has worked out great for me. I don't care where the knowledge is coming from, just keep it coming

top topics

join