It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Place Where Well Established ATS Members Can Coordinaate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I was thinking while talking to another member, we should have a place where people can visit other members' homes in locations in or near vacation spots, or cooridinate group vacations among members, who may have no one to go with and don't want to tracel alone.

I have an apartment in the Upper West Side of Manhattan with an extra futon on which I'd be happy t have a good standing ATS member stay on, saving a couple hundred dollars a night in hotel fees.

Of course everyone would have to be careful of whom they allow nto their home, but I think after at least a few months of posts herek you kinda get the idea of whom you are talking to.

What do you all think?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
You and I have seen each other around the boards for a while now but we don't know each other. We do get a sense of familiarity with other members when we read each others posts, but still, you have no idea who I am.

I'd take care about who you invite into your home from a forum, though there are a few members that I would trust without question.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I like this idea alot actually.

My house has three guest bedrooms that I would gladly share with someone from ATS.

Perhaps we could ease a little bit of worry with some type of pre-screening?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
DJohn,

I would be the perfect guest. I watch tv, listen to Coast to Coast on my portable radio, and leave all the lights on the entire night. I'm afraid of the dark, i sleep walk, i flush the toilet all hours of the night, BUT I'M LOTS OF FUN!!!

Can I come over???

[edit on 15-10-2006 by dgtempe]

Rather than ask for fingerprints and run them through the FBI, i would ask anyone who is coming to Cape Cod to call me first, so we can chat for awhile and i can get a better feel for the person.
No thieves
No alcoholics allowed, and respect for me and my home would be a plus.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
DJohn,

I would be the perfect guest. I watch tv, listen to Coast to Coast on my portable radio, and leave all the lights on the entire night. I'm afraid of the dark, i sleep walk, i flush the toilet all hours of the night, BUT I'M LOTS OF FUN!!!

Can I come over???

Rather than ask for fingerprints and run them through the FBI, i would ask anyone who is coming to Cape Cod to call me first, so we can chat for awhile and i can get a better feel for the person.
No thieves
No alcoholics allowed, and respect for me and my home would be a plus.

dgtempe, you and your husband are welcome in my home anytime! You sound like you have the same habits as I do. Lots of things we could show you in Kansas City!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
dg,

You should already know you're always welcome in my home!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Awwwww,

CW & DJohn, that is so sweet!!! Likewise. Anytime you come to Cape Cod let me know!!!

top topics

join