It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action to spill the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ever think of the idea that the heck with politics and just organize a very big 'peaceful' protest everywhere and quit our jobs where we have the government by its neck to spill out information on demand?! Stop all resources and by threatening to crash the economy? Wild idea but hey, who wants to die without knowing first contact and unveiling evil schemes and scams?

The fact is.. We can handle the truth.. The ones keeping it from us, are scared..

[edit on 29-9-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think that some of us can't really handle the truth,or at least not yet.
A peaceful protest worldwide sounds difficult,but it could work!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That is a very nice Ghandi like idea.
The thing is as the laws are now and with their hideous terrorist phobia, 80 percent of the population would end up in the new "concentration camps".

No one would be around to provide for the "more fortunate", What a tragedy
WIS

To much is at stake.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'd be on the front lines of that protest. It would never happen that everyone would just wake up and demand that governments come clean, but its amazing to think about. With enough solidarity it would work. If enough people protested they couldn't possibly lock us all up.

It would be a dream come true if people in the US got a belly-full and decided to change things. The problem is with getting enough people to agree on something. Sometimes it feels as though I can ask two people their opinions and get back three answers.

Even if the protest were limited to let's say, Monday. We don't like Monday anyway. If even half the population agreed that we aren't going to work, we aren't going to class, we aren't going to spend any money, we aren't going to transport any goods, we aren't going to open our stores, etc, on Monday until radical positive changes are made, I think there would be some changes made.

It's nice to dream.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I really believe there should be a protest, after all, we are slipping away...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
How do peaceful protests usually end? When too many people get together bad things happen especially something this scale.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
How do peaceful protests usually end? When too many people get together bad things happen especially something this scale.

I see your point, but what about when, if ever when (god forbid!), when we are put under a greater eye, where we can't even plan a protest?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What are we waiting for? We want the truth, what's stopping us? Just leave it to someone or some other crowd but yourself? This is the problem, we aren't doing anything but talking and talking! To much talk and not enough action!

We know whats going on.

We are allowing it to go on.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It must be apathy. Too many people just don't care or can't be bothered.

I attended a protest on Oct 5 at the University of Colorado. There are about 30,000 people at CU, but there were only 200 at the protest.

The same students who will leave class to talk everytime their cell phones ring, couldn't be bothered to leave classes 15 minutes early to take part in the walk out. The protest took place mostly during the lunch hour, and people couldn't skip an hour at Subway to protest. I was incredibly disappointed with the people there.

If people weren't willing to protest on Oct 5, then I see no reason why they would protest to find out the truth from our government. The apathy level is sickening.

Until large numbers of people are willing to make a few small sacrifices to have their voices heard, nothing is going to change and we will never know. I only hope that by the time that people wake up and decide to act, that it won't be entirely too late.

[edit on 10/8/06 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
interesting idea, but I don't think it will work, most people are still too ignorant and foolish and will continue to follow whatever their government tells them. I think you will need a lot of intelligent people in the world and on your side for this to work..... or unless the general population are really pissed with their government for some reason.....

top topics

join