It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Solve the Big Cat Mystery w/video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I live near Fort Wayne, Indiana. For a few years now there have been sightings of a very large cat. Some kids that have seen it up close claimed that it was a sabre tooth tiger. Others that have seem it say it looks like a lion, a cheetah or just a big house cat.

Well now someone has actually shot video footage of this cat. It was posted on one of the local news channel websites. You can view it here:

www.wane.com...

I think it looks kinda like a female lion. What say you?

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Nice find. The shaking camera almost made me wish I could slap the person shooting it! erg! But....it does look cat-like. But when it jumped around it reminded me of how a coyotee hunts rodents. Not sure what to think of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Luckily the shaking pretty much came to a halt about halfway through. I just wish they could have got closer.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Although I'm tempted to go along with "sabre toothed tiger"
, I think it is most likely a panther of some kind (mountain lion?).

Too bad the camera didn't have a higher zoom capability or the person couldn't get closer.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nice video. I think that's fairly conclusive.

It's the prescence of a videos and photos like this that makes me doubt most of the other crypto videos I've seen. Is there something special about big cats that means most of the videos and photos in existance of them are much better and far more convincing than many other pictorial evidence, for say, the Loch Ness Monster, or is it because they are actually a real phenomenen as opposed to the more legendary status of many other 'unexplained' animals?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, i think we can safely rule out a big house cat! That is one big animal, such a shame we couldn’t get closer.

I does appear to be black though so my vote goes to MR panther

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I couldn't access the video, I am running firefos, and will have to try to check it out on IE..
That said, excaped exotic cats are nothing new. A few years ago, there was a huge news about a cougar or some kind spotted in Cobbs Creek, a largish park on the outskirts of Philadelphia.
There were videos taken, photos of paw prints.. Then the cat disappeared.
I myself while waiting for the 47 bus on the corner of 4th and Allegheny saw someone stopped at the light on an ATV. And as I looked, I realized that wasn't a stuffed animal on the back of the 4 wheeler, it was a REAL, LIVING tiger cub.
I pointed it out to my mom, and while the light was red, we simply stared in amazment. When I got home, I believe I called the PSPCA, which was actually not too far away, near B st and on Erie Ave.
This is going to sound crazy, I told them, and related my story, where I was told they had many reports of a tiger cub, ect, ect.
A few months later the tiger cub jumped out of a window and was found, named Cisco, and later died of some bacterial or viral infection.
Interestingly enough, this was big news when it happened, about 6-7 years ago, but there seems to be nothing on the web about it, though I admit, I just ran a few basic searches, and didn't look very hard.
The point is that with encroachment, and irreputable animal dealers, odd animals in places where they shouldn't be are becoming fairly common.
I myself found a eastern box turtle walking down the middle of the street in the Kensington section of Philly.. DEEP ghetto, no where for that to have just wandered in out of the woods.
Last week, I was no more than 8 feet from a pair of sparring bucks in Fairmount Park.. Oh for a cross bow!! Thatr night, we saw no less than 9 deer, One a trophy buck if I ever saw one.
I have also seen pheasants in Kensington, peacocks in Nicetown-Tioga, and awhat was either a VERY large turkey or a small emu in West Philly, right by Fairmount Park.. Not so coincidentally, right outside the Philadelphia Zoo.

new topics

top topics

join