It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

goat man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
has anyone ever heard of a half goat half man creature....i have a friend who was camping with his girlfriend and they were walking along a path to some natural hotsprings and his flashlight caught a rustling in a bush of the path and his beam caught the face of what he says as "the scariest f**ckin thing i have ever seen". he described it as a pan looking face long with a beard. goatish eyes human structure and little blunt horns. he and his girlfriend ran off and never looked back. this happened near potosi hot springs in the spanish peak mountians in montana. oh and is there any mythical or real creatures heard of or talked about being in montana. thanks gusy for your input this is my first post so be nice!

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Their called Fauns, Apparently they are friendly, I've got a link for you.

www.enchantedkingdom.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Lol sarcasm right???

Anyway buddy, I think your friend was having you on for a laugh due to it being a goat, as I know many my friends who would to me.

Though their are goat such creature storys in past mythology, half goat and human.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Perhaps it was Satan. Not to sound spooky or anything, but somebody in my church claimed to see Satan in her house or something, and shadows of Satan were dancing on her walls. I think a week later she moved to a different house.

Your description of a half-goat half-man creature sounds like either Satan or a Satyr.

Satyr:

Commonly Depicted Satan:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There was a goatman that is supposed to be In PG county Maryland..
Where I live that is where the original was created...

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Their called Fauns, Apparently they are friendly, I've got a link for you.

www.enchantedkingdom.co.uk...

I believe that fauns and satyr's are the same thing..?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Perhaps it was Satan. Not to sound spooky or anything, but somebody in my church claimed to see Satan in her house or something, and shadows of Satan were dancing on her walls. I think a week later she moved to a different house.

Lol, I can just see satan doing the salsa in the living room

But to the point, I think that your friend had to much to drink. I know there are a lot of stories about half man/half goat creatures, but they always just stayed stories...

And Satan, oh well, I don't really believe in that dude
, but who knows, maybe he did see Satan... I hope you could tell some more details, or ask your friend to give a more detailed description oh what he saw.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There is a rumour of a Goatman in Maryland.

Apparantly he has been sighted a number of times, and has killed animals which were left outside. Kinda creepy tale, even if its not true.

azaz.essortment.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My Freind's Great Uncles (Or Uncles Freind) Gave One A Ride. It was on some weird old highway, alot of strange strange things have happend on it. Anyways, he was on his way back from the city i think, In his beat up hunk of a pickup. He goin about 90 or so, when he looks by the side of the road and there's this really goodlooking women. It's dark though, he can only see her face. It's really cold out too, so he figures he'l do the gentelmen thing.

He stops the pickup and lets her in. She says thanks, but it sounds a little weird. Like shes got somekinda accent or something. So he picks up the speed, the whole way shes soooo quiet. Doesnt say a thing. As he goes on down the road though, he lights up a ciggerte. Course being a knob he drops it on the ground. The ashes go all over, and he goes down qucik to grab it and he notices something.

She doesnt have feet. She had hooves. HOOVES!!!

He's eye's widen, he get's weirded out. But he doesnt show it, he just politly stops the car and tells her this is as far as you go. She get's out and gives him a rude look. When he hits the gas, he's freaked. Its not very often good lookin women have hooves after all. He turns up the Hank Williams, trys to shake it off. After 10 or so minutes down the road though, he hears a rapping on the outside of his window. And running next to the car is the girl, staring with anger at him. He hits the gas, hes up to 110 or so, and shes still on him. Fineally, he manages to loose her. Hes freaked though. He just guns it all the way, and when he get's home he locks his door of his trailer. The next day he wakes, and finds little goat tracks around his freakin truck.

Now im not sure if this is true, it sounds too weird after all. He may have been drinkin, cuz he used to drink alot. But he is also a very very honest man. So who knows?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Where did this happened. Some of the details sound like the sightings of the Lake Worth Monster.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thats a creepy story cowboy. Could you ask your uncle for a more detailed description of her?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well its not my uncle its my freind's, and he lives up north in the territories which is where he saw that thing. She looked completly normal, except for the hooves, which I assume is goat legs. The Highway is the interesting part to me. There's supposedly been many weird weir scenes on that damn road. It was in Canada's Northwest Territorie's i think, im not exactly positive. I'll have to ask my freind more about it the next time i see him. Alot of weird things happen in the north though, but so does alot of drinkin and not enough workin hahaha.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I live in south western arizona. We have an indian reservation very close by, on the AZ-California border. The indians there believe in a Goat Man, and they fear him. There is a place where they say he is. Apparently he makes some kind of creepy noise. I've never seen anything in the area, but i know a few indians who swear by it.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
yeah, but indians believe in a lot of stuff...

So many times the existance of mysterious creatures were supported by indians, like Bigfoot. Sometimes I think these indians put strange stuff in their smoking pipes

But still I'd love to hear some more details from you Cowboydude

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My buddy didnt tell me much more, ill he really said was that the thing had dark brown or black hair, and was really femine, except for u know...

The hooves for feet.

By the way the guy who saw it, he's a native too hahaha

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Could this discussion please continue on without the disparaging, near-racist remarks about the Native Americans?

BTW...it is very poor taste to refer to these peoples as 'indians'.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Indian people live in India, so that's not correct if you're talking about native americans.
But I have always wondered, have you even asked the natives if they could think of a better name themselves? I'm sure the natives had their own titles of what they were, and still are...

Maybe the Native Americans did came up with this title themselves, but i'm not sure, so could someone tell me?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Well I'm not a rasist, a tall. But most of the native folks i know all call themself's indians....its kinda weird?

Myabe it's cuz when they grew up they were "Indian's"

Just thought id point that out for ya NoSuchAgency haha.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ahem, if I may post on this thread that about six years ago or so animal planet they had a show called animal X GOAT MAN or so he was called was one of their more popular studies legends of killing cats dogs goats strangly enough even larger animals then sheep, They usually investigated in dense forests and such near mansions

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do not worry you did exactly the right thing: you ran like hell. Maybe it was a hallucination, maybe it was a satyr. Things you should know about a satyr as believed by the ancient greeks:

1. They have the power to give insanity to people: although seeing one is not a good sign anyway.
2. They can help you win, or lose a war. Can cause great violence.
3. They have the power to make people want to have sex with them.

Assuming they exist if you had stayed it could>

1. Take you into and your girlfriend into the worst hell like insanity imaginable and keep you in it.
2. Make your girlfriend want to have sex with it. Or you could have had a satyr's di@@ up your a!!!
3. Cause you or your girlfriend to want to kill each other

My advice would be: do not go back, do not hunt it out as you may actually find it, If you see it again run like hell.

The idea that a satyr was a good thing probably comes from films etc. The ancient Greeks used to worship them so that they could help them win wars and make the enemies insane. They were supposed to be dangerous. I would stay away. However many people tell stories like this that happened to another person!!!!
However if seen best avoided. What ever anyone says when you see things that are not really of this world. To runs is an excellent strategy. Most things connected to the occult or any religion is dangerous and best avoided.

edit on 28-1-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by werewolf99 because: revision

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join